KDrama thread! ive been watching hotel del luna recently and finished episode 6

KDrama thread! ive been watching hotel del luna recently and finished episode 6

Attached: Hotel del Luna ep6 (51).jpg (1920x1080, 214.11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GywDFkY3z-c
youtu.be/rayDZmEotNs
mydramalist.com/people/16730-lee-soo-hyun
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i took way too many screenshots this episode lol

Attached: Hotel del Luna ep6 (1).jpg (1920x1080, 250.17K)

The comedian was a real life comedian that appeared on the show. Guess they won't be using him anymore. I wonder why they talked so much about him tho.

Attached: 273589637_1048104392415269_1754087770428994914_n.jpg (1440x1800, 208.17K)

really!! i was wondering that im glad we finally saw him after they talked about him so much
so hes not a competitive contest eater?? lol

Attached: Hotel del Luna ep6 (38).jpg (1920x1080, 308.66K)

iu seemed to get more and more angry as the episode went on lol until the end!

Attached: Hotel del Luna ep6 (3).jpg (1920x1080, 209.03K)

I agree but as far as gimmicks go using that as a way to show manager guy is thinking of iu while outside wasn't very well done in my opinion. It was funny how much they talked about him.
>so hes not a competitive contest eater?? lol
I think he is just a fat guy who eats a lot and has a show about eating a lot.

So true it was funny seeing iu getting jealous and then being happy that manager guy was going to go with her to the beach and then getting angry again and so on during the entire episode..

15 year old thot from Yea Forums
her 40 year old groomer
15 year old thot from Yea Forums
her 40 year old groomer

she will use tons of "!! lol haha" and he will compliment her and say that she isn't dumb (she is).
this will go on for hours, just like on Yea Forums where they do this every day.
if you want to discuss k-dramas this thread is not for you. this thread was only made for grooming

you were saying before how it was like a cliche to have a misunderstanding?? this episode was kind of like that haha we thought the girls planet guy was meeting with his ex but he actually just wanted his money back from her LOL
i was laughing every time iu would get mad too! it was more funny than mad
and was his ex the princess from the flashback?? they cut from his ex to the princess what did that mean??

Attached: Hotel del Luna ep6 (13).jpg (1920x1080, 158.57K)

also this scene was the cutest thing! him helping her play piano
i love how they are connecting with each other

Attached: Hotel del Luna ep6 (9).jpg (1920x1080, 270.48K)

I thought they were going to use her as a love rival but I was fooled once more. I'm starting to think the writers know what people are going to assume and go out of their way to show them wrong. I'm enjoying it tho. Really refreshing that they have no love rival between them and it's their relationship and ghosts that we are going to focused on.
And that girl was so annoying. "you loved me so much you aren't going to sue me" what the hell?
The conversation they had when she was talking about his supposed gf and he was talking about the comedian guy was my favorite.
Right! I had forgot that. Mago was even saying that their connection is old or something like that and then it cuts to the ex and the princess and the guard. Maybe he is the reincarnation of the guard after all. I have no idea about that.

>I thought they were going to use her as a love riva
lol me too i thought that for sure, i was really surprised when he bluntly said i want my money haha
and she was a little rude! she wanted his help after she got kicked out of her parents house i wonder if she'll be back
>Maybe he is the reincarnation of the guard after all
right!!!! we mightve gotten something right lol
i thought it was really cute how the girls planet guy is really concerened about ius karma and iu doesnt care at all lol

Attached: Hotel del Luna ep6 (11).jpg (1920x1080, 200.72K)

i love the lights in the bar!

Attached: Hotel del Luna ep6 (15).jpg (1920x1080, 464.03K)

I think she was there to make us think things would go a certain way only for the writers to say NONONO we are not doing that we are doing THIS.
We are probably going to get a lot more ghost stories now. We have the room 13 ghost who escaped and already killed two guys so maybe that's where the episodes will go next.

After 1000 years of living like that I think iu will become a pig :(

this is my list.

already finished
>1st season of stranger
>mad for each other
>strongest delivery man

trying to get into itaewon class but i want to finish euphoria then finally cancel my HBO sub.

I've said before but the entire inside of the hotel has this magical like quality to it that truly shines with how they did the decoration, lights and even with how bright the put the saturation while editing.

IU has been good in every kdrama she's been in. She's the only reason to watch some of them.

Attached: klist.png (2148x900, 3.5M)

>mad for each other
I really liked this one. What did you think of it? The scenes where she kept talking about the guy as a big reliable dog were cute.

Attached: 273693746_268887128718904_7331079512272824692_n.jpg (1440x1800, 169.32K)

yes!! im happy they did that because like you said that one time itd be a little annoying if they get in a fight just because of a misunderstanding D: lol
so many screenshots of iu looking mad LOL

Attached: Hotel del Luna ep6 (16).jpg (1920x1080, 355.83K)

doesn't hurt that she is a qt too

ohhhh and i thought the grim reaper was a part of the hotel but he says the hotel will be held responsible for the spirit that got loose!
>After 1000 years of living like that I think iu will become a pig
LOL noo host guy will get her karma back up lol

Attached: Hotel del Luna ep6 (6).jpg (1920x1080, 163.27K)

i remember the first 5 episodes were great, i liked constant struggle for primacy/security but it went in a weird direction. ending was cute. also i wish the 711 girl was more active.

sex with iu

how's the show?

right!! it feels like a dream sometimes

Attached: Hotel del Luna ep6 (36).jpg (1920x1080, 308.09K)

oh and this one too

Attached: Hotel del Luna ep6 (19).jpg (1920x1080, 227.87K)

not the user you're replying to, but dream/dreamy isnt the word i'd use. more like decadent, from a not nightmare but also not feel good dream, just weird a weird dream.

>itd be a little annoying if they get in a fight just because of a misunderstanding
Oh my sweet summer child. That happens in 95% of kdramas. It's so common that my mind went straight into thinking that was what was happening in the end of episode 5.
I'm saving all of them.
There was a little detail this episode that I hope they will explain but I don't think they will. The writers probably thought nobody would realize or pay attention but I did and now the timeline doesn't work well.

Attached: 259998870_644005987026171_2666768246241454664_n.jpg (1080x811, 146.9K)

i like iu too shes great

Attached: Hotel del Luna ep6 (32).jpg (1920x1080, 225.04K)

It doesn't hurt especially when the show is shit.

>Oh my sweet summer child.
cringe groomer

>711 girl
If you liked her then you might want to check out AKMU. It's a music duo that she has with her brother. Her acting is more of a vacation time from music. Some solo works of her youtu.be/GywDFkY3z-c and youtu.be/rayDZmEotNs which is a song for the drama It's okay to not be okay,

Attached: 273648549_362636742358925_3175585652797369643_n.jpg (1440x1800, 350.43K)

is IU actually a good actress

Unlike most of the kpop idols that try TV she genuinely very good.

I didn't think he was with the hotel. Sort of like the hotel works for him since they help the spirits before they go to him. Maybe everyone works for mago?
I don't think giving back a card and paying back without getting a lot of money (she still got a bunch of money from the actor anyway) is going to compensate for 1000 years. She is for sure turn into a pig that becomes soup.

That's a good way of putting it!

Attached: 273697598_504214184466424_3688399918421658227_n.jpg (1440x1800, 305.79K)

>Her acting is more of a vacation time from music

fuck mang. i'd like to see her in a more leading role.

what are some one-season shows with interesting premises that don't have to be on netflix? i'm looking for shit like DP, mad for you and strongest delivery man (i REALLY liked this one), without high society story lines.

im thinking of cancelling netflix/hbo for a bit and getting on kocowa.

For a tv show drama? Yes.

LOL youre funny awww i didnt know it was in almost all of them
>There was a little detail this episode that I hope they will explain but I don't think they will.
what detail?? :O

Attached: Hotel del Luna ep6 (33).jpg (1920x1080, 225.51K)

This is the only one i've watched tha tI liked.

Attached: 1621617247425.png (980x576, 1.21M)

it's been a while since i've watched hotel del luna, i'll skim through the episode real quick to jog my memory

Attached: 1647316791117.jpg (757x499, 69.94K)

yes!! the flashback scenes feel like that too

Attached: Hotel del Luna ep6 (41).jpg (1920x1080, 173.83K)

>She is for sure turn into a pig that becomes soup.
LOL iu nooooo
>Maybe everyone works for mago?
hmmm thats probably right! and they were weaving threads again!! they have to be the sisters of fate lol

Attached: Hotel del Luna ep6 (44).jpg (1920x1080, 250.21K)

I don't know if she has time and/or interest in doing something like that. Even her side role involved her singing so she might have accepted in order to promote her music.
If you want to see more of her because you think she is cute or that her voice is nice you can try to watch some variety shows where she participates. I know there is one about people going to live by themselves and she was one of the participants since she started living by herself for the first time last year or something like that. Here is a MDL link to most (or all) of her stuff mydramalist.com/people/16730-lee-soo-hyun

You can check out MDL and see their highest rated shows. They are usually quite good and some of them are older and won't be on netflix. Most of the recent drama are on it already so netflix seems fine. Kocowa is more if you are into older media and variety shows that don't get much attention but you can probably watch most of it on pirate sites like kshow or even on youtube. KBS has an international youtube channel where they put subtitles on a lot of shows.

Regarding dramas I would recommend Love o2o, it's actually chinese and on netflix too but I love it and recommend to everyone any chance I get.

Attached: 273694080_1355776088229975_3909837302901089799_n.jpg (1440x1800, 280.85K)

Can someone on Yea Forums make a KDrama tier list already?

Attached: extracurricular.jpg (250x368, 41.86K)

Based. We watched that one before we did hotel del luna.

these threads are not to discuss KDramas, see

can't we all groom her?

and this scene with the captain and hes like "every time youre on the beach youre going to think of me now" LOL this guy is confident XD

Attached: Hotel del Luna ep6 (42).jpg (1920x1080, 161.35K)

The "I love the male/female lead but I saw or heard something about her with the second male/female lead and know we must break up because I'm bad at communicating and won't let her explain things" and the "I love the male/female but I have a terrible secret that will not let us be together so I will be ok with her going with the second male/female lead" tropes are the bread and butter of kdrama.

So... Do you remember the ages of the ghosts? I know the front desk ghost died around 60 years ago, don't remember the lady and the barman was around 300 years.

what i dont get is that the manager makes it seem like iu has no money but the hotel looks so rich and extravagant

Hahaha. Maybe those three are really supposed to represent the fates. But it makes me wonder if the sister that was doing the weaving making a mistake means things will go bad. What do you think?

saw the 1st episode of euphoria and thought it was trash, does it get better later?

LOL you can try! haha

Too bad for him she was thinking of manager guy who might be him so maybe he was right lol.

The hotel and everything on it is for ghosts and all goods can be purchased in the afterlife using good feelings. The good feelings make the flowers bloom, mago collects them and pays them in ghost money or something like that I don't know how afterlife economics looks like.
Anyway, this means the hotel and everything on it can be as opulent as needed because they aren't using actual real money. Meanwhile the material lifestyle iu purses is by acquiring objects from the living world and for that she needs human money. So iu's finances and the hotels are separate.

Attached: 273762260_129782229552649_2544292910736041175_n.jpg (1440x1800, 228.16K)

lol i remember you telling me about the miscommunication thing and how much you dont like it!! im glad they didnt do that here too
>So... Do you remember the ages of the ghosts?
hmm no i dont D: i think its the barman is the oldest, then the lady, then the bell boy?

Attached: Hotel del Luna ep6 (34).jpg (1920x1080, 299.69K)

>15 year old thot
it's a 40 year old larping tranny

yes!! maybe............ thats good foreshadowing lol
also this scene!!! where they realize the king is an actor, i laughed so hard haha

Attached: Hotel del Luna ep6 (24).jpg (1920x1080, 256.69K)

>If you want to see more of her because you think she is cute or that her voice is nice

i genuinely liked her character, just a typical surface-looking normie wagie girl getting sucked into weird situations with weird people.

>Kocowa is more if you are into older media and variety shows that don't get much attention

oh shiddd i didnt know thanks user!

>Love o2o

thanks i'll check it out! i watched a taiwanese drama (cant remember the name), it was about a guy who gets to travel across alternate timelines with a dice thing he gets from le mysterious bartender. and in each timeline he runs into a girl, trying to fall in love with her. but yea, good chinese/taiwanese dramas arent off the list for me.

>saw the 1st episode of euphoria and thought it was trash, does it get better later?

meh i think it's worth watching, but i also think hunter schafer is extremely fuckable. so i dunno if we have the same tastes.

haha i guess youre right
OH and a flower bloomed on the tree! does that mean iu loves him or something?

Attached: Hotel del Luna ep6 (43).jpg (1920x1080, 297.25K)

I remember Hotel Del Luna cause it had one too many shots of IU's feet to be a coincidence.

>i remember you telling me about the miscommunication thing and how much you dont like it
After watching it a few times you start to wish that people would just sit down and talk to each other. We could shorten dramas by half if most characters just decided to talk to each other.

That's the order but I was thinking about her age. So this is the thing. This episode she says there was no human manager at the time and so they lived in poverty. We see that the bell boy is there already but is new to the hotel so let's say there was no human manager before 60 years he's been dead. The last human manager worked for 30 years and we were told there were 37 before him. So did 37 managers work for only 30 years? That's less than a year per manager. Makes no sense what they were talking about.
Also, who took the pictures then? Because it's sort of implied the managers take the pictures (like we see the old guy taking one before dying) and we have pictures from all times so did they have or did they not have human managers?

Was going to post a picture of iu standing in front of the hotel in old times but didn't find it so take this homicidal chuu instead.

Attached: 5dc16c432dfef87cd96f401a90ac5dcb.jpg (750x732, 56.17K)

This was the last one I watched, and it pissed me off so much. It could have been comfy but episode by episode it gradually just become absolutely horseshit

Attached: yE4jBf.jpg (800x1140, 161.73K)

>hunter schafer
would

>iu purses is by acquiring objects from the living world and for that she needs human money
so how did she get all her cars and fancy clothes? i know there is a line or two about the previous manager handling her money but it doesnt explain all her expensive stuff she has

Attached: 1648609851172.jpg (2048x1365, 367.91K)

hmmm what if they meant there was no human manager just at the war time?? like there were managers before then but for some reason there wasnt a manager during that time? like a gap in the years
and heres the screenshot!
>homicidal chuu
LOL OH that reminds of the ghost that is in the phone and computer that really spooked me!!! actually scary scene i hope they dont do that again!!!

Attached: Hotel del Luna ep3 (20).jpg (1920x1080, 264.81K)

She even did a comebecky thingy and screamed nooooooooooooo so it could be something really bad. Maybe it's related to the 13 room ghost.
The king part was hilarious. Manager guy being confident and saying he has served kings and she dismissing him only for her to realize he was right.

Attached: 273832314_463765298560907_5674224346796227573_n.jpg (1440x1800, 182.67K)

convince me that hotel del luna is not just a way for korean cinematographers to go nuts with a blank check funded by iu feet pics.

protip: you can't

nothing can top this shit. I will never watch a kdrama again after this masterpiece.

post em

There's only 3 kdrama I didn't drop but I forgot all the names so I will try to describe;

>dude is like a karate kid and lives directly opposite a 10/10 qt and they sit on a roof and cuddle sometimes

>dude is like a based schizo and interviews his love interest in ep 1 on live tv

>cutie has like a weird arranged marriage with this guy and they live together, the guy is like the biggest autist of all time

any anons know these?

Attached: f4e9wcolqyd01.jpg (4500x3004, 3.12M)

>She even did a comebecky thingy and screamed nooooooooooooo
creepy cunt

>i genuinely liked her character, just a typical surface-looking normie wagie girl getting sucked into weird situations with weird people.
Maybe look into dramas where the lead are similar to that? I think it will be hard because most dramas at least one of the leads is rich. There is one where the super rich guy gets cut off from his wealth and starts working and involving himself into commoner life called revolutionary love. There is also Something About 1 Percent but it isn't the best drama as I don't remember much of it but I remember liking it when I watched so maybe give it a try as well?

>oh shiddd i didnt know thanks user!
If you can't find it somewhere and don't feel like getting kocowa just google watch "name of the show" and you easily find it on a bunch of websites. I feel like most of kocowa's appeal comes from the fact that they are the only legal source for subtitles for some shows. As in you can find them in other stream platforms to stream legally but there will no subtitles.

Don't think I have watched that one.

Attached: 270197469_452710693184377_5525794235527797720_n.jpg (1440x1800, 239.02K)

how do I get an asian gf bros?

kocowa shows are also on viki, and viki also has their own shows, some of which are free.

haha the sisters are funny
right!!! i think iu was just mad most of the episode haha she wasnt thinking straight
i wonder whats going to happen with the ghost, but it seems like iu could handle the ghost at any time! like she did before with her powers

Attached: Hotel del Luna ep6 (39).jpg (1920x1080, 201.34K)