Troy wasnt that bad

Troy wasnt that bad

Attached: 1649080095697.jpg (624x1050, 171.1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GclU-Y_HvB4
youtu.be/JjRBDJkiRHs
youtube.com/watch?v=ocXv7u8iOb0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bad? It's kino you fucktard

>full of historical inaccuracies
>ancient greeks speaking English
these two alone make this flick anything else but kino

based retard

>Muh history
It's a fucking movie you faggot

It has some cool fight scenes and funny facial expressions but otherwise it’s fuckin boring as hell

I like Troy and think it's kino, come at me bro

I don't care,Mel Gibson proved more than once that it's not that hard to make actors learn whatever language spoken by the people you going to portray in the movie

Theatrical cut good. Director's cut bad. They are very, very different movies.

Major pacing issues. Bana and Legolas can't act for shit. Otherwise it's kino especially Diane Kruger's tits and ass in the director's cut

>Muh historical accuracy

The point to be concernef about is not that. It is that this flick tried to be 'realistic' about mythic epic

I still can't get over the fact they put freakin Planet of the Apes theme in one of the most kino duel of all time

I fucking hate this board. not every movie that you can sit your add riddled ass to watch is kino.

troy isn't even good. let alone fucking kino. take your fucking ritalin.

>we need a battled hardened strong leader of men
>that's great but we already cast Bana

No one will remember your name.

Bana practically ruins every scene he's in. If they didn't cast Pitt as Achilles the film would have been absolute trash.

Troy was absolutely based. Why are you so salty?

>ancient greeks speaking English
It's a film you fucktard

did this user just imply that apocalypto was a paragon of historical accuracy? Say something nice about him

because I'm tired of circle jerking redditors calling every movie they watched as a 5 year old kino.

it's a disgrace to our most treasured word.

I always loved this movie. I never understood the criticism

Bana is good. Pitt is great. So many supporting roles. Mythology is a very fun setting

This movie is great. Fuck you fags

You’re absolutely correct

>bana is good
you can't expect someone to fall for this bait

>There's no good movie of Babylon the way Ronnie James Dio painted it
youtube.com/watch?v=GclU-Y_HvB4

Attached: 1387073897042.jpg (500x521, 135.36K)

more like gaysed

I never stated that,autistic turd brained asshole piece of crap moron

it's an ok movie but it's a beyond abysmal adaptation of the iliad (/aeneid)

most of the performances were really good, bana and bean in particular, though I thought Pitt was kinda flat- he doesn't capture the character at all and as a result just comes across like a weird mix of edgy and disinterested- it's the kind of performance and movie I think Achilles might make about himself
it was killed by its time period desu, early 2000's angst and sensibilities made a story about the clash of gods, civilizations, and destinies into a completely empty ancient war movie.

People who like this movie, what do you enjoy about it that is NOT fight choreography, costumes or nudity.
I tried watching it having assumed the rest of the movie was as good as the hector/Achilles duel and did not enjoy any of the rest of it aside from Logan Roy who is always great

More like not gaysed enough.
Making Patroclus his baby brother cousin was hilariously stupid

Loving a movie is not the same as a movie being good.
I thought live action inspector gadget was the greatest movie ever when I was a kid

>So butthurt about people liking a film he joins the thread and spergs out

Attached: 1640775477633.png (833x600, 1.03M)

It's a shame they didn't put more effort into the costume department. Many soldiers were given helmets too small or too large for their heads, including even actors with dialog. Looks very distracting in some scenes.

Attached: screenshot.jpg (2758x1148, 297.25K)

did this user just imply that Passion of the Christ was a paragon of historical accuracy? Say something nice about him

Attached: gibson.jpg (996x682, 63.95K)

>they spoke english
This why didn’t they speak ancient Greek?
youtu.be/JjRBDJkiRHs

>oh you have a different opinion than me? well you aren't allowed to post! LET PEOPLE ENJOY THINGS REEE

>kino means movie you like
The same faggots like you ruined the word based

everyone knows back in those days it was considered dishonorable to slash your opponent in his exposed arms, face and legs. that's why they didn't armor those spots.

Attached: stop_liking_file.jpg (600x673, 83.42K)

my god

Attached: 1.jpg (200x200, 20.16K)

IT'S A FLICK YA DIP!

>reddit image
>reddit opinions
>reddit way of speaking
>reddit discourse
what did I expect from a troy fan?

Removing gods from the plot hurts the overall story of the Iliad and almost inevitably turns it into "Greek King is cucked and sails over to kill the poor innocent Trojans and break up true love." Never mind that Helen would have left a daughter with Menelaus in Sparta when she left of her own feminist free will and not because she was bewitched by Aphrodite.

Attached: detail-Menelaus-Supporting-the-Body-of-Patroclus[1].jpg (548x800, 97.25K)

>historical inaccuracies
It's literally not history, Homer had plenty of "historical inaccuracies" if there was a Trojan War

Any bronze age kino is kino, no matter how badly the script was botched.

It would have been worse if they tried to recreate the iliad.

The plot, choreography, costumes and nudity are sufficient to make it a good movie

White people cultural appropriation: the movie

So valerian by that logic is a perfect movie?

>not including the gods when it was technologically possible (all the capeshit started around this time, the Matrix and LOTR came out years before)
>Turning Odysseus into a moralizing narrator instead of a literal bronze age pirate-king
>turning Achilles into an edgy atheist instead of a brutal mogger
>Agamemnon played by over the hill and chubby Brian Cox who never fights
>Nestor is humorless and kind of pointless
>not even a mention of Diomedes or lil Ajax
>Troy has no other heroes except Hector, no Aeneas, nothing
I didn't even need the early life history section to tell you the writer is jewish. You can just sense the spiritual void in everything about this movie.

Attached: 1644868449725.jpg (320x422, 21.72K)

Never heard of it or seen it so I can't say, but if all of those aspects are good then it's probably a good movie. Only way I can imagine it not is if it is so severely lacking in some other aspect

It wasn’t bad but the anglogermcuck actors instead of balkanic ones severely dropped it down a few points

Anyone else realize how faggy it is to post here? or have opinions on the internet at all for that matter?

I used to watch this kino all the time as a kid. The tactic with the shield wall while shooting Agamemnon's army with arrows is reminiscent of another kino that's close to my heart, 'Curse of the Golden Flower'. Ancient war kinos are too comfy.

aeneas is in it and it's even more offensive than not mentioning him at all

he's a little kid that paris hands some retarded sword of troy to as everyone is fleeing, they had a chance for a cool side character and doing one of THE iconic scenes of roman art (aeneas carrying his dad and household gods with son in hand) but nope, just a gimmick reference for no reason at all

Arete

What's so faggy about it?

you're right and I'm tired of pretending it was

Attached: 1547238324673.gif (400x206, 1.76M)

its a great movie. i love watching it and Gladiator on the same night, once a year or so.

>He doesn't compulsively chat with bots all day on Yea Forums for a narrow dopamine stream provided by (you)s
tourist

I really like Troy, the setting and fights looks great. The Achilles vs Hector fight music was great.

HECTOOOOOR

>It is

Maybe I should pass all the movies directed/written by jews

>no sequel to Troy that tells the story of Odysseus as he travels back to Ithaca and experiences everything in the Iliad but through the lense of realism like in Troy

Do you not know what a translation convention is, you fucking retard?

We could’ve had the kino debate from Ovid’s Metamorphoses where Ajax and Odysseus argue to their Mycenaean listeners which one is more worthy of Achilles’ armor and watched how Odysseus btfos Ajax even if Ajax was a family relative all through the power of persuasion.

You just gay for Brad Pitt (or Chad Pitt, as you always call him when you masturbate) but you also self-insert a bit, imagining yourself avenging a dead friend that's not your friend since you finished High-School, so you just want to fuck yourself.

It was made by Wolfgang Peterson and the traditional German anthropological assessment of the Trojan War has always been characterized by the dynamic you described.

Do you not know what accuracy means, you excuse making anglocuck?

truly underwhelming and forgettable. renders an epic completely flat and boring. comes across as a vehicle for pretty faces. will not watch ever again.

>writer
One of the two guys who fucked up Game of Thrones.

Still remembered and talked about 30 years later

In the poem the gods come down and physically fight and Achilles is just a stupid animal who just wants to kill things.

Really nice titties in that movie

Attached: kek.jpg (1693x830, 200.13K)

It's fucking awful and only hurts the story. The greeks didn't come because they were just warmongerers, they came because most of them swore to protect the union between Menelaus and Helen. Menelaus for his part had no choice but to do what he did since he was only King of Sparta by his marriage to Helen and Paris threatened to usurp that, not to mention deprive his daughter of her own mother. And despite all that Menelaus even offered peace to the Trojans at the outset of the war if they'd only return Helen, but Paris rallied the crowd around him and had Menelaus driven out. But no, make the story about "true love" between a woman who is fine watching hundreds die for her own comfort and a man who is one of the most loathsome characters in the Iliad.

>a man who is one of the most loathsome characters in the Iliad.
Somehow they managed to make him even worse in the movie. While watching the movie for the first time, I found myself hoping and praying that they would change history just so Achilles would get to stomp Paris' sniveling little rat skull in. To think that Hector died for such a pathetic brother.

The poopenfartens got it all wrong

Homer was a huge greek cocksucker who whitewashed as much as he could

Bet you think the aeneid is real too

Attached: 1641902696478.jpg (536x507, 52.59K)

>Oldest source we have of the story/conflict
>He totally whitewashed it
What evidence are you basing this on exactly?
I mean obviously he was biased, every one is biased after all. But what evidence do you have that he whitewashed it?
Nevermind the fact that the Illiad is a single story set during the Trojan War, and is not in-fact the story of the entire war. It begins after the war has been going for years, and ends before the war ends.

It's the Iliad you fucking moron baboon it's NOT history

cutting the gods out the story is peak reddit atheist realism as well. the most kino parts of the iliad are the gods scheming

He's just a dumb ugly roachoid
simple as

Don't forget Athena being the ultimate wingman. When Ares took the field and drove the Greeks to their ships, Athena came to Diomedes, threw out his charioteer, and drove him headlong towards Ares invisible all the while. She even caught Ares's spear before it hit Diomedes so he could chuck his own straight into Ares' gut and send him back to Olympus crying.
>roachoid
user, you do know that Troy was supposed to be in ancient Anatolia, now Turkey?

Attached: 1633792906_43-kartinkin-net-p-afina-boginya-art-krasivo-46[1].jpg (1200x1165, 184.77K)

>Troy was supposed to be in ancient Anatolia
Yes when they were Indo-Europeans and related to Mycenaeans/Minoans. They still are on the western coast paternally but they have taken to roachoid women sadly and became subhuman :(

Attached: HaplogroupdifferencesbetweenTurksandGreeks.jpg (2700x2028, 497.02K)

yeah the original score was an essential component of the duel.

>the haplo autist reveals itself

The Trojan War is supposed to have happened around the Bronze Age collapse, more than a thousand years before the Turks were anywhere near Anatolia.

/his/chads cannot be defeated by lesser forms of 'tism

Yeah, but even then how the hell is Plato Turkish compared to the people who supposedly lived in Anatolia? Just a weird insult to use.

It wasn't that good either.

I think user was claiming the guy saying "Plato Whitewashed it" was a roach, not that Plato was a roach.
It was weirdly worded and confused me at first too.

I'm an ultra autistic history buff and that doesn't stop me from considering 300 a fucking masterpiece. Anyone talking shit about Troy because of "historical innacuraccy" is a fucking faggot

If you ask me Troy would have benefitted more from going full fucking ham and being more according to the mythology than trying (and failing) to be realistic

Attached: top scholar.png (778x778, 325.23K)

>If you ask me Troy would have benefitted more from going full fucking ham and being more according to the mythology than trying (and failing) to be realistic
Agreed.
If we took the Homeric Hymms at their word you'd have Bronze Age chariots fighting along side Classical Era Hoplites, and Gods throwing hands on both sides
It'd be fucking great.

Did anyone watch the Troy series on Netflix? Pacing was all over the place and was pretty mediocre, but I would definitely watch an Odyssey series with picrelated.

Attached: 1523032846-15209561-low-res-troy-fall-of-a-city.jpg (2000x1334, 243.85K)

For me, it's the Armand Asante made for tv movie from the 90's unironically. I would have liked to have seen Sean Bean do the Odyssey movie but they would have found a way to kill Odysseus off if it happened sadly.

The dialogue

1968 foreign film was my favorite. Damn near impossible for something to surpass that one.

Attached: The Odyssey 1968.gif (400x300, 3.37M)

Based Armand appreciator. Man is a treasure.

I still don't think the movie is THAT bad, I agree with OP, my point is that this guy is a fucking faggot

That's actually realistic.
Soldiers rarely had perfectly fitted helmets.

>watching cuckshit

the directors cut is unwatchable
its literally 50% dialogue scenes with women whining about how sad war is

the movie is fucking horrible and the director must have been legitimately retarded, the acting is roundly abysmal with tryhard "le olden time renaissance fair talking" everywhere

daily reminder kikes filter everything they make through their psychotic conception of sexuality, they filter reality through it.
all that freudian blabber about people wanting to fuck their mothers is pure projection.
they are weak twisted creatures we could kill them all if we levered the masses with reckless disregard for their lives (who cares)

best and most accurate part of the entire movie was
>I AM AJAX, BREAKER OF STONES
>LOOK UPON ME AND DESPAIR

Attached: chrome_Um6RTO0J33.png (603x473, 496.36K)

the people who mattered mostly migrated away, modern western europeans are probably very greek

why is everyone on this sub so antagonistic

Troy was based
youtube.com/watch?v=ocXv7u8iOb0

Attached: 849516516.jpg (1125x835, 54.15K)

>kikes
Jesus Christ you retared goddamn niggers, a bloody Kraut made the flick. The kind of Kraut you jerk off to, you retarded mongoloids. Stop blaming kikes for everything Krautspawns do.

>gods

It's a de-mythologized account.

Helen was a miscast
Bloom is always a miscast, even worse here than in Kingdom of Heaven
Patroclos was a miscast
Most battles looked like shit
Movie was carried by Brad Pitt and Bana + Byrne but overall it was crap.
Two good scenes - 1v1 and attack on Apollo's Temple
Naval invasion remains one of the best examples of why CGI should be forbidden