Thoughts on Machiavelli?

Thoughts on Machiavelli?

Attached: c0gbztqrsfo31.jpg (701x688, 39K)

Why are all old philosophers so fucking retarded. It's like they're purposefully trying to be retarded.

>its the philosophers who are wrong!

very good post

>Thoughts on Machiavelli?
He is regarded as a war-monger but, if we followed Machiavellian principles, we would avoid most of the bullshit wars in which we entangle ourselves.

all the greatest philosophers of all time: will you go out with me?

her: no

all the greatest philosophers of all time:

Attached: philosophers and leaders on women.jpg (2500x1249, 988K)

Did you get that picture from Mr. Obvious?

i like the price. it's impressive how well it manages to be both serious political theory and scathing social commentary simultaneously.

He’s based. Redditfags seethe at him.

Fucking Confucius

As usual I'm gonna recommend that people read Machiavelli's "The Art of War" instead of just "The Prince". Makes watching the news more interesting

I bet he wrote something that applies to you having to take down one misogynist at a time rather than display them all together and prove a point

wat

Attached: images (32).jpg (520x588, 60K)

>Observe something is wrong
>Say something is wrong
>That means you secretly want to fuck/resent/are angry at wrong thing!

I have never seen a more womanly reasoning.

Didn't Budda have femonks?

>Thoughts on Machiavelli?
Homosexual. Don't like him.

yes, and read the fucking bottom right quote.

Whoever made this image clearly hasn't read the actual chapter. He uses objective truth to explain how women are truly inferior.

Were they right or are those thoughts just a product of their time

>of their time
What time? Those men lived in entire different times, cultures, countries and have different racial backgrounds.

What kind of cope could you formulate to explain that?

what?

Perhaps this board is more your speed

That might be so but they all have in common that they were highly patriarcal and women weren't really given much opportunity for much

And the fact you need society to be resutructed in literally every culture and time period to get a voice might be a sign you're not actually equal.

I really wanted women to be equal in mind to men and I really believed it for some time. But now after years
and years of experience with women and several long term relationships I can honestly say that women are truly as infuriating as they are horrifying. And I hate that I feel preprogrammed to keep seeking them out in this socially constructed mating game without reproduction.

Mattingly has the best article on the idea of it being a satire. There's a follow-up article from a few years back that probably decisively refutes Mattingly although I really wish it hadn't, because Mattingly's argument is internally so appealing. The main problem is that the satire thing just doesn't really hold up to the actual reception of the book. There's a good essay by Lord Acton on its reception history. Most commentators, casual or otherwise, have not taken it as satire.

Strauss loved Machiavelli which is at least a good part of why he's so popular these days. But his book on Machiavelli is his weirdest by far. Either way, the basic outlook on Machiavelli from that persuasion seems to be that he was pushing the concept of realpolitik and interest of state to its logical limit, whether or not he was doing this as "satire." If he really was being that subtle, single categorizations would break down anyway, because he could be simultaneously conceptually developing, satirizing, and showing the danger of a position, as well as demonstrating to people who would find the position abhorrent that it nevertheless WILL be carried out simply because it is the logical extreme of certain political realities.

If you want the full scoop and a non-Straussian reading you should read Pocock's The Machiavellian Moment. It's one of the greatest classics of modern intellectual history and an incredible read.

Every matriarcal society died out.
Women have been given "much" opportunity in the last century with exaggerated positive discrimination.

1. List their inventions or contributions since
2. Explain why they chose out of free will to still disregard the STEM fields.
3. Explain why all the stereotypes and those quotes still hold true
4. Explain how you need to be given "opportunities" in the days of yore to have invented, discovered, or do anything of worth when fucking slaves could become reputable philosophers just by talking and it wasn't against the law for a woman to invent something even if she needed her husband approval to publicize it which never fucking happened
5. Go back to redd.it

ok, but how can you argue this with one. If you just tell your gf you're superior she will almost certainly think you're retarded even if it dosen't mean you love her less. How do you comfortably explain to a woman she is inferior but not in a way which causes her to feel like shit, since at the end of the day it's not their fault and it's not something i think they should feel bad about but more just accept.

>How do you comfortably explain to a woman she is inferior but not in a way which causes her to feel like shit
You don't, nobody likes the truth if it hurts them. There is no need to tell them anything, they'll be able to twist it infinitely and deny it eternally. It's a documented psychological mechanism called coping.

Same reason why you don't bother explaining to a nigger why he is objectively inferior to another race.

Rejoice in knowing truth, use it to your benefit, what others think do not matter. Would you lose sleep if someone refused to believe the sun is hot?

Imagine having that picture saved on your computer.

Imagine being a sad beta orbiter that lives and breathes to please random females in hopes of getting laid

>One hundred women are not worth a single testicle.
top fucking kek, put eastern philosophy down all you want you can't deny they had top notch banter

I find that hard to imagine. Maybe you could help me out?

No need, I see you are just doing it fine on your own, cuntlicker.

Thanks for the laugh. Have a nice day.

Easy to say this in retrospect when your very morally is built on the back of these people in the first place.you are looking from the top down rather than bottom up.