Spiritual writings are not mandatory high school readings

>spiritual writings are not mandatory high school readings
>religious foundation of Western culture totally ignored in western curriculum
Huh, wonder why that is?? Are Europe and America different in this regard to Canada?
I wish I was exposed to more religious and spiritual writings at school instead of angsty teen fiction, ww2 propaganda and libertarian hedonistic shit.

For example Augustine's Confessions, even as a edgy atheist would've provided me much to ponder. Oh well.

Attached: 51pq7x-x5BL.jpg (329x500, 51K)

in the US it's no different. Shakespeare is probably the oldest thing we read. A few reasons I can guess:
- It's not literature/philosophy/religion class, it's English class. Reading stuff in translation would be suboptimal
- Obviously religion itself is a touchy topic in schools. What does a Jewish student do if asked to read aloud a text that contains the word "God"?
- It takes a special kind of person to making it through an English degree without wanting to die. Especially since most are women they absorb the ideas of secular humanism quite thoroughly.

Teenagers simply can't appreciate this stuff. It's a fact.

What kind of faggot actually complains that MORE priceless literature isn’t dragged through the dirt, sullied by the grubby hands of English teachers and high school retardbrains. Do not throw pearls before swine do not give what is holy to the dogs etc etc

Even Augustine would've been bored. As a teen and young adult he was more interested in chasing pussy and stealing pears for fun.

ok this is based

>What does a Jewish student do if asked to read aloud a text that contains the word "God"?
Who cares?

>Kids don't learn Greek and Latin
>Kids don't memorize the Gospels
>Kids don't learn single variable calculus in seventh grade
Surprise surprise, public schools aren't designed to educate, they're designed to inflict trauma on kids to create an easily controllable populace.

Attached: tugawl7lcbv11.png (960x945, 1.34M)

I think jews would REEEEEEEEEEEE at the idea of their kids reading the Gospels or the writings of Christian saints. Jewish parents absolute Hate and Seethe at the idea of Christ and his apostles, it's bizarre .

>Majority Christian and Muslim students have to spend 6 months out of the year reading extensively about the poor Jews and the Holohoax
% Jewish kids can't stand to see the word "God" in a book without going into a demonic episode
If you ever wondered what it would be like to live in an apartheid state...

Attached: Bill_Wilson-0 (1).jpg (716x768, 79K)

Well we bearly studied the Bible and that is a foundation text. I wilsh we had proper Bible study that explains the book in detail but modern education is to fucked.

Jews aren't banned from saying the word 'God' you brainlet. Most Jews are atheists likely wouldn't care. Any Jew who's family is that deeply religious would probably send to be Jewish/religious school anyway.

The cause of this problem, like all problems, is unironically Jews.

You can opt out of religion classes here. They recently made religion classes encompass more than just Catholicism for the over 12s, but that's because they also made the subject an elective state exam subject.

Half of the Confessions is tedious "woe is me" "take me from behind me lord"

It isn't. He takes responsibility and has sorrow for his former actions. Contrition and remorse are core tenants of Catholicism so it makes sense he would be sorrowful. This also makes the feels more reals.

They don't teach Greek ethics either. Meaning that the two cores of Western Civilization are ignored.
What people are taught nowadays is "libertarian hedonist" stuff or "how to get offended by harmless things"

I attended a publicly funded Catholic school all the way until grade 12 in Canada. We never read a single religious text. It's not surprising either since they allowed Muslims to wear hijabs in the school also.

>"Catholic school"
Sounds like alienation of Church property. What a sorry state the West is in.

>implying that students actually read their assigned books

>religious foundation of Western culture
lying is a sin user