Hey Yea Forums, weird request. I'm going on a very harsh bike ride next month...

Hey Yea Forums, weird request. I'm going on a very harsh bike ride next month, one of the requirements being that we must carry a 500+ page russian novel with us for the duration.
My limited forays into Russian lit: I read a fair number of Chekhov's stories, House of the Dead by Dostoevsky, and Master & Margarita (one of my favorite books). Got halfway through Ana Karenina and honestly just wasn't that into it. Any recommendations of something else that I'd like that's at least 500 pages?

Attached: ivan-closeup[1].jpg (432x619, 81K)

ngl this is probably the most impactful piece of artwork in existence on a truly human level, whether completely historically accurate or not. the terror in his eyes captures and exhibits the essence of that aspect of the human condition better than any other. truly captivating.

fuck russia, its language and its literature, peasant-tier.

this. if ur dating a russian ur single to me, what is ivan gonna do? beg for bread? hahaha

I wouldn't go so far to say its the "most impactful" but I cant think of many paintings that capture emotion solely through the eyes as well as this.

he will call you a coomer.

I bet everyone will bring War and Peace

Attached: thedeathofvlad.jpg (446x604, 59K)

My rec would be Life and Fate if you're looking for something higher tier or And Quiet Flows the Don for something easier (just barely over 500 pages)

yeah, or crime and punishment. trying to avoid those two cause I already have digi copies and theyre so ubiquitous when the words "russian" and "literature" are together

bring A Hero of Our Time but like with the font being really really big

Attached: jamestewart.png (375x500, 303K)

For me it’s Crime and Punishment, the best Russian novel.

Bring Petersburg and astound your friends with how gigantic your brain is. Make sure you get it in Russian so that you can appreciate his wordplay.

In seriousness, Petersburg is a great novel.

hmm, even large print editions are only 240 pages or so. damn. Might grab it anyway, been wanting to read something in that vein

bring two copies of Lolita

Attached: A87096C8-13C1-40F1-BE1B-A4249ACBBEC5.jpg (250x250, 9K)

Hmm, read an excerpt and Petersburg seems a bit outside of what i'm looking for right now, a little too Joyce for my tastes. I'll keep it in mind for later though!

Demons - Dostoevsky

What kind of hipster shit is this?

Oblomov by Ivan Aleksandrovich Goncharov. You'll probably be the only one with it since he's not that well known compared to some other Russian authors.

The Idiot

I prefer 3 days later

Attached: aeee3fd50c[1].jpg (817x634, 118K)