Suicide Note

A Note
for ___________, as well as all those who might care about me.

If you are reading this (a very stereotypical way to start a note off), I am almost certainly dead. If you are reading it after it was found at the scene of my death, I committed suicide and I have left this for you.
For a long time I haven’t been happy. I don’t enjoy existence much, and I hate myself. I hate all of this so much, that sometimes I think I’ll just break into tears staring at the sun. I write this with my tears in my eyes because I wish I could love this world, and all of it’s people. I want to be like Jesus, I want to be a good man, but I do not think I want to be at all. If you are reading this, I do love you, I just don’t know how to feel anymore. I’m so sorry, I know what I’m doing, I know that I’m selfish, and I want you to love the world, I want you, and I need you to survive.
I do love the world in some way, and in that way, I must leave it, for I am only in exile from the void, and I must return to my home.

I love you,
W.

Is it good? What should I change? Is there a better way of writing it?

Attached: synecdoche1.jpg (1920x1080, 827K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikisource.org/wiki/Tolstoy_letter_on_Suicide
youtube.com/watch?v=7gYIzcUxlSQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1) How exactly is one to critique a suicide note?
2) Don’t commit suicide you idiot.

I don't know I guess I just want to know if It is stated clearly.

Don't fetishize your death user. Things won't get worse or better. Life is neutral. Stop assigning sentiments on it and eventually you'll die anyways.

>for I am only in exile from the void, and I must return to my home.
>I want to be like Jesus
remove

I don't want it to be MY death or something. I just want them to know how much I love them

Gay

Lol your prose sucks, kys

please dont die user I love you

Nobody knows how much you love them ever and killing yourself won't make that any less true. I'm not against suicide in itself, but when I see people bitching on here it's usually bullshit and they just want to feel better, so feel better user and have a coke or something.

Clearly someone cares enough about your existence for you to give a shit about what they think after your death. Let me tell you a note isn’t going to bake things better.

I made a serious attempt on my life ten years ago, I will never forget the howl of grief my mum made when I had to phone her from A&E. It is the single most awful and selfish thing I have ever done.

>I want to be like Jesus
>I want to be good

Go be good then. Read the sermon on the mount. Volunteer for a charity. Find something that helps you feel better.

Talk to close friends or family how you feel and/or seek medical help.

I'm going to delete this thread. I still might do it, but I need more time to think. I'm sorry for the gay post.

Reading this my impression is that you are deeply naive, haven’t thought things through and you’re far too young to make a decision like this. You haven’t given any reasonable justification.

You absolute faggot, you should feel ashamed. Dumbass..

en.wikisource.org/wiki/Tolstoy_letter_on_Suicide

I can identify with the feelings you talk about. I'd try to avoid sounding too literary, when you're really at rock bottom you won't give a shit about making your pain sound pretty. Not saying you're faking it, of course.

But I liked the sun making you burst into tears line. I know that feel bro. More than you'll ever know. You remind of myself in my early 20s.

>(a very stereotypical way to start a note off)
Crap. Overly self-conscious. Cut it.
>If you are reading it after it was found at the scene of my death, I committed suicide and I have left this for you.
Redundant. Cut.
>sometimes I think I’ll just break into tears staring at the sun.
Good line. Keep.
>it’s
*its
>I want to be like Jesus, I want to be a good man, but I do not think I want to be at all.
Garbage. Cut.
>only in exile from the void
Not utter tripe, but clunky. Consider rewriting this thought, or expanding on it.

Overall, I think that succinctness is best in a suicide note, unless you ball out and write some sort of thousand page treatise mass emailed as pdf upon your death.

You seem lazy, though, so your best chance is to find some pithy short phrase, e.g. "All this buttoning and unbuttoning."

Cringe. Start over. Drop the cliches and stop being so dramatic.

based

>>sometimes I think I’ll just break into tears staring at the sun.
>Good line. Keep.
That line struck me as embarrassing. What is it meant to be saying? That even the sun, the source of all light, is an item of sadness for OP? It’s difficult to figure out what it’s trying to evoke—everyone gets teary-eyed staring at the fucking sun!!!

I liked it because it seemed evocative of Ecclesiastes.

>I want to be like Jesus
>commits suicide
Kinda accurate but I don't think that is what Jesus intended lol
Anyway, godspeed user.

youtube.com/watch?v=7gYIzcUxlSQ

so epic and disaffected whoa bro

Solid advice.

Suicide not is probably the one chance you have that people read your shit.
Make an effort to not let them down again one last time.

Eh.
>If you are reading this (a very stereotypical way to start a note off)
Its a suicide note. Cut the irony, if there was ever a time in your life to go for sincerity its this.
>I am almost certainly dead. If you are reading it after it was found at the scene of my death, I committed suicide and I have left this for you.
Cut this too. Dead body from a self-inflicted method, note nearby, isn't it obvious what happened? Why are you insulting your reader's intelligence on top of offing yourself?
>For a long time I haven’t been happy. I don’t enjoy existence much, and I hate myself. I hate all of this so much, that sometimes I think I’ll just break into tears staring at the sun.
Good, but the staring at the sun bit is weird. Wouldn't everyone break into tears? Hurts your eyes.
>I write this with my tears in my eyes because I wish I could love this world, and all of it’s people. I want to be like Jesus, I want to be a good man, but I do not think I want to be at all.
Kind of clunky, maybe break the ideas into two lines, one to talk about how you want to be like Jesus and one to talk about how you wish to no longer exist, maybe because it is impossible or too painful?
> If you are reading this, I do love you, I just don’t know how to feel anymore. I’m so sorry, I know what I’m doing, I know that I’m selfish, and I want you to love the world, I want you, and I need you to survive.
"I want you", kinda a weird bit. A little clunky here although the idea is good, rephrase.
>I do love the world in some way, and in that way, I must leave it, for I am only in exile from the void, and I must return to my home.
A lot of this comes off too melodramatic and cloying my man. Less is more, go for precision and brevity over long waxes about philosophically tepid and over-used ideas, like the void being your true home and such.
>I love you,
>W.
At least you stuck the landing.
3/10 serious improvements needed.

I'm
Don't apologize. Please seriously rethink suicide and think about how you might improve your life. Consider getting therapy or someone to talk to about it and try and build some serious next steps. I really hope you make it.

I mostly agree with this except for the sun line being a good line.
>your best chance is to find some pithy short phrase, e.g. "All this buttoning and unbuttoning."
This is solid advice. I decided a long time ago that if I ever did it my suicide note would just be a Rumi line: "Talking is pain. Lie down and rest, now that you've found a friend to be with."
Please don't write a thousand page treatise you'll be remembered as a total weirdo.

>All this buttoning and unbuttoning
they wont stop coming they wont stop coming

>I write this with my tears in my eyes
I write this with tears in my eyes*
This is much more natural. You don't need to specify who's tears are in your eyes because it's very rare to have someone else's tears in your eyes.