Is the death of Albert Camus before he even reached 50 years old the biggest tragedy in literature?

Is the death of Albert Camus before he even reached 50 years old the biggest tragedy in literature?

Attached: camus.jpg (275x183, 6K)

Pushkin getting shot by some sissy frenchman is.

Albert Coomus

Dont know how I overlooked that. Pushkin's death certainly is one of the most tragic, if not the most.

no

a true midwit, not a philosopher

Meursault deserved the death penalty.

Was Joe Camel based on Albert Camel?

Attached: 51l4FzH3HPL._SX385_.jpg (385x496, 42K)

Who should I be exploring user, I only ever read albert camus because of a comment similar to yours, who do you feel is superior?

Christ died when he was 33 and he was perfection itself. Camus was just a worthless man like you and everyone else, undeserving of a single day on this earth. The grace of god gave him 40+ years of life. That isn't a tragedy. That's more than he or you deserve. Pray to God you live as long as he did and be thankful for your one and only life.

Camels are based.

>Was Joe Camel based
unbelievably based.

Attached: 2c95fee0da93c9b9b529d451b87f1f6b.jpg (777x437, 59K)

He actually lucked out by dying before 50.

>muh surgeon general warning
Imagine being such a midwit you take a little surgeon general statement as "settled science", case closed and no further thought or even curiosity to how they came to that conclusion.

Before some retarded asshole tells you to read Farte or De Beaver, read Nietzsche (Beyond Good and Evil, Genealogy of Morals, or Twilight of the Idols) and then dumpster him, Camus, and the whole post-Schopenhauerian project.

What does the laughing mean in The Fall? That we got rid of God and have nothing to replace him with? Why is it always too late to save the person?

HAhahahahahaha, no
Christopher Marlow dying before 30 clearly is
He might have been as good or better than Shakespeare

Cant comment on biggest tragedy, but the biggest comedy is the death of David Foster Wallace

The burning of many libraries in history.
The destruction of Mayan and Aztec texts by the Spanish.
Mervyn Peace suffering from dementia.
Isaac Babel getting killed before he could finish his novel.
Robert Musil died before he could finish the Austrian magnum opus.
Borges getting blind.
Gogol burning his book.
JK Rowling writing Harry Potter.
Stephen King.
Mao.
Brazilian realism.
The fact I learned English instead of French.
Literature is full of tragedies.

It's not only tragic, it's ironic.

Attached: image.jpg (3021x2468, 1.54M)

If it magically happened that he got a second chance to save the girl, he wouldn't do it. That's why he said "imagine if one would take us literally." He's never talking about himself when he talks about the many.

It's a scary thought though. Imagine the impact of the things we said would do but backed off.

Also, towards the end, he doesn't say to save the person, he said "to save both of us." Could mean the person and him, or him and the reader (it would save us from the experience of reading the book).

When he talks about saving himself, then he probably means to save himself from the fall the experience at the bridge cause, because before that, he was a proper cunt and proud of it.

The part about Clamence walking the streets after the fall is one of my favorite parts in literature.

The book still haunts me, but I think that I was reading it all wrong. I thought it was about the disconnect between doing what we know to be right and what we actually do, about losing god but still having the mentality and need of acting as though he exists. That it is "too late" for us to be better people, but we still have the guilt of failing to live up to that standard. That we know we would deny a dying man water to save ourselves.
Thankfully now that I am a white supremacist social democrat christian, I no longer have these kinds of doubts.

Arabs aren't real people. The punishment did not fit the crime. Maybe a couple days in prison is punishment enough for killing an Arab

Judging from what I've read of The First Man it was a tragedy. Saying it was the biggest sounds a bit hyperbolic

Nah. Edgar Allan Poe dying at 40 and Flannery O'Connor dying at 39 are far bigger tragedies.

>Edgar Allan Poe
High School me would disagree

What about current You?

>dead by 50
god i wish that were me

Pathetic insecure goth alcoholic. I see his talent but dont care for it