You're a slave to the perceptions of other people

You're a slave to the perceptions of other people.

We all are. Your actions are entirely based on how others view you, on their acceptance. Why? Because we all want to belong, even the loners, when faced with other people will want to be liked. We are not free thinking, free will possessing individuals. We're driven by biology far more than we like to admit. You might say "I play the guitar because I enjoy it" and that's true, but there's always the underlying, subconscious thought of "heh, I'm so cool, if anyone ever sees me play they'll think I'm cool too". The reason NEET's for example are so detested is because they're isolated and free from influence from how others perceive them, they're free to indulge in their most hedonistic pleasures. This evokes revulsion because how dare they not abide by the tribe, how dare they not engage in the social contract. Genetic failures, dead ends, something to be fixed or remade. That's how people see them.

Contrary to popular belief, how others see you IS important because how you see yourself is always a lie.

Attached: illumi-zoldyck-hunter-x-hunter-1999-73.2.jpg (210x240, 18K)

Right, I stay in my basement for weeks at a time masturbating to traps while having no human contact because I want to impress others
Retard

womp womp

Nice reading comprehension you cum for brains retard. I said NEET's are free from influence because of their isolation.

What's with the amount of pseudos posting the most obvious shit?
>Durr, you're a slave to perceptions. Why? Because I said so.

>Your actions are entirely based
Yep. And redpilled.

What's with the amount of pseuds dropping into threads to act like they know everything?
>Durr, everything you say is obvious. Why? Because I say so.

Having an existential crisis again, sport? Why don't you put the Xbox controller down and go outside.

I'm not the one acting like perceptions are everything. Stop projecting your need to please other onto me please

>I'm not the one acting like perceptions are everything
If you leave your house often, they are. If you can't admit this that's pathetic.

Why don't you actually make a serious reply or mind your own business? No one thinks you're funny.

I guess you're right. You are a slave to perceptions. Get some self confidence

>how you see yourself is always a lie.
It is still closer to the truth than how others see you, given that others don't have intimate knowledge of your thoughts and feelings.

>Not knowing about the noosphere
Cringe

Moron

>given that others don't have intimate knowledge of your thoughts and feelings
Those things don't matter and for all intents and purposes don't even exist. All anyone cares about and all that matters is your actions.

The impulse to impress others at the expense of all else is a fundamentally bourgeois impulse, and is the driving force of capitalism.

By eroding the capacity of the individual to self determinate-- and subjecting them to endless hierarchies of authority and punishment--capitalism engenders within the bourgeois individual the consciousness of two false realities:

1: That power over other people (and escape from hierarchical overlords) is derived from their esteem

2: That esteem may be obtained through hard work, diligence, and discipline

So what we end up with is a tree, rooted in a temporarily (on the scale of centuries) inflated valuation of specialized labor, flowering into a system in which the individual is utterly disempowered and, consequently, inculcated with an all consuming lust for power over others.

HOWEVER capitalism died in the sixties, and a growing number of people are not rooted in the cultural mores of the bourgeoisie and therefore are not concerned with other people's esteem at all. The fact that you have failed to recognize this, and in your arrogance assumed that YOUR bougie problems are EVERYONE'S problems, means you're a stupid little faggot and a bourgeois fuck.

>Those things don't matter and for all intents and purposes don't even exist.
You really are quite stupid.

That's an awful lot of words to say "noooo I'm a special snowflake, I'm immune from this, I'm unique and above it all!".

>P-please like me! I care about what strangers think about me

No one cares about your thoughts or feelings, only your actions.

Yes, we do live in a society, what's your point?
That we are not fully truly completely free from everything and all the chains placed upon us? Everyone knows that
That costumes make people up from birth to look at the ones that dont fit the mold in a negative light? That's also clear as day

OP does. He's a slave to what we think about him

I want to agree with you, but
>Ad hominem

Attached: 1569253925456.jpg (904x735, 78K)

>P-please like me! I care about what strangers think about me
You honestly do, and the fact you don't even realise it is depressing.

Next time you go outside and you have itchy balls, the fact you don't stick your hand down your trousers in front of dozens of people is proof you care what they think.

I already do that though.

If you actually went outside and interacted with people, you would find that they do care about your thoughts and feelings.

>I don't care what strangers think of me
Don't lie, it just makes you look silly. Everyone cares at the very least a little bit.

Be quiet pseud

and redpilled

Well, you are not saying anything exactly original, to be fair.

Not an argument

Shhh retard, the adults are talking

It's not a logical fallacy when you're not making an argument.

No you don't.

Those are OP's feelings and they matter to him, he's basing them off the physical actions of the people around him like for example when people move away from someone smelly or look annoyed when a fat person gets on the bus or stop talking and disperse when the annoying coworker approaches.

What is literature if not the externalization one's thoughts?
Or are you going to say people dont care about that?

>No you don't.
How would you know user?

>you would find that they do care about your thoughts and feelings.
They don't, they just pretend to care because SURPRISE SURPRISE it's an easy way to get people to like you. You do it subconsciously too.

So basicaly everyone's merely pretending to be retarded, as in, when somebody acts based of emotions?

Then listen up and cease your babbling

Because not even single digit iq white trash readjust their junk in front of strangers, even they're that self aware. And if you say "I do it anyway, I don't care if they get offended" that's some top shelf autism.

So you're argument is that we should all pretend to care because we won't be liked? That's the slave morality i like to hear from Yea Forums

>What is literature if not the externalization one's thoughts?
It's a reflection of the readers own mind, nothing more.

People like hearing their beliefs reinforced, any "new" belief you think you stumble on is one you already held in such a rudimentary, ephemeral way you didn't even realise you had it. The only thing books can teach you is how to better understand yourself.

Get fucked Im black and an autist

>So basicaly everyone's merely pretending
To some degree
>to be retarded, as in, when somebody acts based of emotions?
No, but 90% of the time they're just humouring you. Sorry.

So being truly free of perception slavery is autistic? Lame

Sometimes people pretend, sometimes they are actually interested. Are you even old enough to post here?

>Get fucked Im black
Ahh that explains it, niggers have no shame

>So you're argument is that we should all pretend to care because we won't be liked?
No, I'm saying that's just how things work. Personally, I have very little interest in the group at large or their approval. I avoid it as much as possible, but I'm simply aware that when I'm in their domain I'm subject to their influence and part of that is my genetics telling me that I should want them to like me.

I'm just pointing out something people do that they often don't even realise they're doing.

>sometimes they are actually interested
Nope, never happens.

Want proof? Attempt suicide and see how many of your supposed "friends" and "acquaintances" can stomach the social taboo enough to show up and check on you.

There are levels and different interests. To SOME DEGREE we all care about what others think of ourselves. The unhealthy part of it is putting your expectations on society as an abstract/concrete individual at the same time, which is probably more on the NEET side of the coin: running the fuck off "real life" because they are so vain about themselves they cant even slightly handle the possibility of someone not accepting them. Loneliness not necessarily implies self-sufficiency, etc.

One possible healthy way to channel such human necessity is probably creating meaningful relationships to your standards (which implies finding your standards in regards to what is meaningful to you in life), or, being somehow restrained from doing so (it's hard af to find worth people to get along with, in all fairness), finding comfort and acceptance with human knowledge/wisdom via art and philosophy.

>So being truly free of perception slavery is autistic?
No, it's lying to yourself and only an autist would be so oblivious to reality to be capable of that.

No one is truly free of perception slavery so long as they reside among other humans. Go up into the mountains and you're truly free of it, anything else is posturing.

>any "new" belief you think you stumble on is one you already held in such a rudimentary, ephemeral way you didn't even realise you had it.
So youre saying people cant learn anything, only realized that they know something

>only an autist can lie to himself
I guess everyone is autistic

>You're a slave to the perceptions of other people.
>We all are. Your actions are entirely based on how others view you, on their acceptance.
I do agree that we are all slaves to the perceptions of other people. But our actions are not based entirely on that. Other factors also affect our actions. An idiotic example: you drink water because you are thirsty, not because of the perception of others.

That said, we are affected by the perceptions of others to different degrees. Some people are affected more than others. And there are ways to train yourself so that you care less about the perception of others.

What makes you think someone cant overcome perception slavery and become the perception king?

What would that prove exactly? That people don't like to feel awkward?

>What makes you think someone can? It's not like you have any examples

neets are slaves to ideas and concepts presented in the fictional works they base their life around
t. ex-neet

Great reply and I agree about different people having different levels.

My theory is there's a constant war between selfish desires and wanting to please the group. Men generally have more points in selfish desire and women more points in pleasing the group. Now both genders have a certain amount of points in each category which dictates how much they care about each one. Say you have a famous actor or singer, he's gonna have a lot of points in both categories. Why? Because he's dedicated to his craft and finds the work itself enjoyable BUT he is also heavily motivated by the love of the people. Attractiveness is like a passive buff to the group pleasing option, people will rally behind you and provide support which allows it to grow and grow and grow. Ugliness is a passive buff to the selfish acts option, as it drives you further away from seeking group acceptance and to make up the difference you seek greater personal satisfaction.

NEETs are a result of very low group pleasing ability and therefore interest and very high self interested desires. To the point of being a detriment to their life, their personal desires are out of control. As men get to about 30 they either keep heading off the deep end or they've matured enough to recognise the need for self imposed boundary walls to artificially limit their personal desire. In women this is the "I've had enough of riding the cock carousel, I want to settle down" phase of their life.

>You're a slave to the perceptions of other people.

Wrong.

They can learn skills life chopping wood, starting a fire etc. but any thoughts or beliefs they hold about the fabric of reality were first arrived at by their own minds. It's why people progress in their beliefs over the early teens to late 30's. You can't just hand a 13 year old The World as Will and Representation and expect him to "get it".

>In women this is the "I've had enough of riding the cock carousel, I want to settle down" phase of their life.
As a 30+ years old man, there are very few things that scare me more than falling in love with someone like this.

That they don't actually care.

If your mother tried to kill herself, you'd care. If your professor did, you wouldn't.

When did I say it was just me, you -- again, I cannot contrive a more appropriate name to call you-- stupid faggot? The entire country has peaked. We're at like a 60/40 bourgeois/non-bourgeois split.

>but any thoughts or beliefs they hold about the fabric of reality were first arrived at by their own minds.
>They can learn skills life chopping wood, starting a fire etc.
Why cant you say that everything you lear, like starting a fire, can only be achieved by your own mind? Are you saying people are born with beliefs but not skills?

>What makes you think someone cant overcome perception slavery and become the perception king?
Because then they'd have no interest in society and go live in the mountains anyway. Society offers you nothing if you don't care about how others perceive you.

Only an autist can be so delusional to be unaware of his desire for acceptance

>If your professor did, you wouldn't.
Depends on the professor
One of my professor had a heart attack last year, people did give him gifts and started treating him diferrently afterwards, and not all that change was possitive, some just stopped talking to him all together because they blamed themselfs for the incident

Theoretically, neither the Stoic sage nor the Epicurean sage would give a damn about what society thinks of them but would still participate on it.

Maybe that’s why anonymous image boards were made :3

You are being pretty arbitrary in your definiton of care then. You were trying to convince me that people only care about your actions, but now you're saying they don't care about you dying(an action), because they don't show up for your funeral.
Have you never had a conversation with someone, where you were actually interested in hearing their thoughts?

>Why cant you say that everything you lear, like starting a fire, can only be achieved by your own mind?
Well to a large extent it is but it's far more easily taught because you have all the building blocks from a very young age.

A 10 year old doesn't know how to make fire, but he understands if two things rub together really fast it generates heat and enough heat equals really fucking hot and add fuel and you've got yourself a fire. The kid was aware of the individual actions that build up to a fire, but just had to be shown how to arrange them.

not me :3

What's the difference between being unaware of his desire for acceptance and not having that desire in the first place?

>If you don't care about perceptions = not caring about society

>neets are slaves to ideas and concepts presented in the fictional works
Which is just selfish desires in the form of art.

In 2019 I doubt you'd find more than 1 woman in 1000 who hasn't slept with at least 5 men by the age of 25.

>Have you never had a conversation with someone, where you were actually interested in hearing their thoughts?
Not in real life no, only on Yea Forums.

Yes?

What does society offer the man who truly doesn't give a toss about what people think of him? Who doesn't care if someone likes him or hates him? Who has no interest in what other people treat him like or what they say?

>Depends on the professor
No it doesn't. People don't care, they just react to how they think they should act according to society.

Ways to fulfill his own interests

And why doesn't that count?

>but would still participate on it
Only to hone their immunity from it, like the stoic advice to walk around in funny clothes for a day to become immune to people staring at you/making fun of you.

He probably feels an obligation to spread his teachings, probably due to him realizing he's above humanity at that point

So what would constitute caring?
How can you tell people arent only being half as genuine as they could?

Because I was interested in the information, not the person.

It's like with music, I like a lot of kinds of music, a lot of albums but I couldn't give a flying FUCK about the people who make it. I don't care if they died horribly in a fire, it wouldn't affect me one bit. I care about what they have to offer, not who they are as people.

Way more than 0.1% of women have less than 5 sexual partners by age 25.
Not every woman has a party girl phase.

>I don't care if they died horribly in a fire,
Even if that fact makes it so music you care about doesnt get made anymore?

The difference between being high off your ass on PCP when someone pours petrol on you and lights you on fire vs being stone cold sober.

Are you trying to say that people are selfish?

Interests are always semi rooted in approval from others.
Maybe, but that's a bit far fetched.

>How can you tell people arent only being half as genuine as they could?
When you truly need a friend and they're actually there to help you, that's how you tell. Friends are proven when they have every reason not to show up but still do.

The Stoic sage would participate in society to help improve it.

>approval from others.
How about approval of something, like a deity or a game score?

>Even if that fact makes it so music you care about doesnt get made anymore?
Yep. There's plenty of music in the world, and most artists peak early on anyway.
Not entirely selfish but largely, yes.

If you're a slave to approval then can you truly call yourself human?

>Humans are social
Groundbreaking fucking discovery. Leibniz rolling in his grave. Einstein cursing his foolishness because of this massive intellectual tour de force by OP. Truly, a god among men. A king of his time.

Attached: C357E5E5-DE41-4C1C-AAA8-54C90D537E06.jpg (248x203, 10K)

>Way more than 0.1% of women have less than 5 sexual partners by age 25.
Women always lie about their sexual history, men exaggerate by double, women lie by half.

Well then I guess you just have a greater scope of music to enjoy than I do

So just be ready to backstab everybody till they put thenselfs on the line for you?
Ok I guess

We are slaves to our needs and quircks, as well as our bodies and their limits, so I would say so.

>So just be ready to backstab everybody till they put thenselfs on the line for you?
No, just don't put your faith in something untested.

>NEET's are free from influence because of their isolation.
On the contrary, isolation only redoubles the feeling of an outside gaze (both in the immediately isolated aetting and during the mediated lapses/outings "into" the connected world), and the isolated subject then makes the pressure of that external gaze felt in the unconscious as either psychotic pathology or mystic wisdom. Essentially, disconnecting yourself from what you think of as the connected or conforming world will only reinforce your unseen connections to it and reproduce those outside conformities "within" instead of excising them.

Thanks, Rousseau.