ITT: Philosophers who were wrong about everything

I'll start: Spinoza. Who else?

Attached: spinoza.jpg (437x588, 95K)

Why?

yikes

Philosophers are not scientists you dimwit. science doesn't think.

Spinoza is unironically the only Jew in philosophy worth reading.

Walter Benjamin? Hannah Arendt? Karl Marx?

ITT
Philosophers that OP has not read.

Awful opinion OP

Machiavelli
Bertrand Russell
Ayn rand
Trotsky
Langan
Sam harris, and the rest of the crew

how was russell wrong, brainlet?

For anyone new here, this is obvious bait. Spinoza's one of the few philosophers who was right about most things.

Montaigne.

Benjamin is only worth reading if you're a Jew yourself, Hannah Arendt is meme and Karl Marx had some interesting ideas but was ultimately a pseud neet

>but was ultimately a pseud neet
ad hominem

>joos

Attached: 1548093506820.gif (268x210, 1.95M)

You fucking retard I didn't even mention anything close to poltical baiting, but of course your fucking r*ddit brain just can't help itself but make this shit political. You get triggered by the mere mention of Jews, no matter the context.

im not triggered im mocking you

Locke, also made the most mistakes and is the most tedious to read.

Attached: 41h3pLGqT9L.jpg (316x500, 29K)

The anti-semite is immunized against all dangers: one may call him a scoundrel, parasite, swindler, profiteer, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him an anti-semite and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: “I’ve been found out.”

>science doesn't think

Attached: 1565234968694.png (628x468, 337K)

>a pseud neet
I don't think you understand what a 'pseud' or a 'NEET' is. You're not a NEET if devote your entire existence to poring over research and writing, changing the course of world history. Whether you hate him or love him, he was a writer, a philosopher, an economist, not a pseud neet.

Thales
Diogenes
Pyrrho
Epicurus
Lucretius
Aurelius
Machiavelli
Descartes
Spinoza
Locke
Hume
Rousseau
Diderot
Voltaire
Kant
Stirner
Schopenhauer
Nietzsche
B. Russell
Peirce
Durkheim
William James
Dewey
Bergson
Whitehead
Deleuze
Sartre
Derrida
Barthes

this one really doesn't work for most antisemities who will basically come out and proudly say they hate jews

He said wrong, not right.

What a retard you are.
Edit: THANKS FOR THE GOLD KIND STRANGER!

Might've been a quarter crypt-Jew which he probably didn't even know about.

He could hardly be called a Jewish philosopher.

Socrates

Reposting because the other thread got pruned. I have an interest in philosophy but I currently battle with depression and sickness and have a hard time on keeping a grasp on hobbies & meaningful activities. I've read some quotes and excerpts from Schopenhauer and Nietzsche and took a liking to them, I speak German so I guess thats a good place to start. I've also dabbed a bit into Aristoteles works but they are so abundant and cover such a large ground that I think it might not be the best way to start. I didn't go to college or had philosophy classes but I think I'm quick to take up new things if I enjoy them, can you guys recommend me some works I should start with? They don't necessarily have to correspond to these authors.
>TLDR: recommend me a some philosophical entry level works that deal with existential dread, what works by Schopenhauer/Nietzsche should I start with?

Attached: Nietzsche.png (1253x660, 478K)

You said Jew not Jewish.

Anyone who loves russell is either a pseud or a midwit.
Wittgenstein offered his tractatus as a phd thesis at the suggestion of russell, and it was examined by russell and moore. At the end of the thesis defence, Wittgenstein clapped the two examiners on the shoulder and said, "Don't worry, I know you'll never understand it."

Let's see. You're right about Aurelius, Machiavelli, Descartes, Locke, Diderot, Kant, Russell, Durkheim, Sartre, Derrida, and Barthes. Wrong about the rest.

all trash

big if true

That wasn't me and I don't see the difference. Either way Montaigne isn't a Jew.

>"lmao God doesn't real because who created him?"
>"lmao a reductive didactic barbershop thought experiment proves we need to include all factors in analysis" when the problem is solved by further exclusion
Sounds like a brainlet to me
>machiavelli

Attached: 1566862850676.jpg (720x531, 56K)

anyone who hates on Russell has never read a single page of his work.

Attached: 41xFsN11mmL._SX316_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (318x499, 29K)

There is a difference, though.

>Hume
t. Harris
right about most of them though

read essays and aphorims by schopenhauer or parerga and paralipomena. human all too human or the gay science for nietzsche. otherwise id suggest reading some plato dialogues to get you started with philosophy. if you speak german you can read a lot of schopenhauers followers that arent translated too (e.g. julius bahnsen, mainlander)

If you don't accept at least Spinozist monism you should probably stop reading philosophy, because its completely lost on you and will ultimately be a waste of time.

Russel is only worth for his logic work, his history of philosophy work and some of his reviews are trash. Pure opinion. He was a genius , but he was highly biased.

>He was a genius , but he was highly biased.
I don't agree, but this is a very different opinion from the standard knee jerk "HURR RUSSELL BAD" you see on this board.

but he is bad

Kripke

Order a couple of introductory course books on philosophy

Jew=Someone who is Jewish by ethnicity and/or religion
Jewish=Someone who is ethnically/and or religiously a Jew

What's the difference?

>the earth is actually an inflatable floating in a pool of water

Locke was wrong about everything. If America was influenced by Hobbes and Rousseau instead, we wouldn't be the shit tier declining empire we are today.

>Hannah "remember the 7 quadrillion" Arendt
Is this a troll post?

Schopenhauer was right about everything, but I wish he was wrong.

Goldman.

This one doesn't work because the anti-semites don't give a fuck if you call them anti-semite.
t. anti-semite

Jews = ethnics
Jewish = religion

A Japanese man could convert to Judaism and he'd be Jewish but not a Jew. Otherwise English is retarded and makes no sense.

Nondualism

This is very unbased of you OP.

thanks bud very sharp of you

You're just splitting hairs dude

Berkeley was a straight up retard

Second this

refute a single thing Berkeley said, it can't be done

They're all awful.

he just followed Locke to his logical conclusion, don't blame him.

bump

necrobump

Kek, my thoughts exactly.

He was completely right about the basis for government. You can't escape the state of nature by forming a social contract. The state of nature is inescapable. Hobbes' bellum omnium contra omnes is an eternal war that the cleverest of kings with the powerfulest of armies can't win.

Freud. Never have I read any other philosopher so revered by the masses yet everything he said was either wrong or debunked.

>freud
>philosopher
Never have I seen any other pseud this dumb on this website.

Not that user but, to be fair, Freud is considered a psychologist, philosopher, author, and even a fucking mystic in some circles. He conforms to most labels

Reddit incarnate.

>Russel is only worth for his logic work,
His logical work is absolutely trash except perhaps for on denoting.
Poincaré and Hilbert terminally massacred his delusions concerning mathematical processes. You can also see godel's article 'on Russell mathematical logic' for a thorough btfo.
Anyone that takes Bertrand 'axiom of reducibility' Russell seriously as a logician is a joke.

Lucrecius.
Citing him instead of Epicurus because we have lost too much material of the latter even though the philosophy is similar.
I went through De rerum Natura not finding a single good idea in it. Not in psychology, theory of action, metaphysics, logic, epistemology, ethics. The worst being its attempt at physics of course. It is worse in every respect to Aristotle and yet the retards made it the cornerstone of their philosophy. Aristotle had some bizarre things but the epicureans make it impossible to have some forms of rotational motion or mechanics of fluids.

Yikes x 10,000

Russell is only good for his influence on logic. Nothing more.

>almost 70 posts and no mention of the most BTFO'd "philosopher" in all of human history
The absolute state of this board.

Attached: file.png (480x563, 270K)

Buber. Heschel. Soloveitchik.

wagie wagie stuck in his cagie
all day long you sweat and ragie
Neet is comfy
Neet is cool
Neet is free from home and school
Wagie is trapped and wagie dies
Neet eat chicken nuggets with sauce and fries

Attached: images - 2019-09-24T205217.899.jpg (640x427, 45K)