There's a funny thing I noticed about myself...

There's a funny thing I noticed about myself. I no longer care about female attention ever since I started reading pessimistic literature. I feel like I'm crushed by the weight of my existence, and girls don't really interest me all that much anymore. I might flirt with girls from time to time or have a date but basically only to make sure I still attract females. Just feel like there is no greater feeling than constant existential ennui, and it easily outweighs my desire to love or be loved, because it just seems so pointless. It seemed like a good perk because I got my rejections alright, but now I feel like I cannot have a relationship because I wouldn't even be able to like the girl back, I just don't really care anymore. Had a date recently and I just couldn't get my mind off the ideas I was thinking while going there, so I was sitting there almost silently for two hours like a fucking autist while smoking. I felt like I had to apologize to the girl, because usually (she knew me for some time) I act friendly and dumb enough to be enjoyable, and it was the first time I couldn't.

You guys ever had something like that? I feel like there is something profoundly wrong with me

Attached: pepe schopenhauer.jpg (396x385, 71K)

Me too OP.

The only time I get interested in women is when I fap but when I finish the feeling disappears. I've never believed in love, I think at best two people will get along really well, love as it was sold to you by Disney is a myth. Whenever I think about wanting a gf I just have no desire, it's just such an effort and upkeep for what amounts to sex and having to put up with a simpleton who demands to be entertained constantly.

As long as you're not suicidal, does this situation bothers you? Having time for books and hobbies and cumming once in a while is a good paradigm.

Thats not true. reading pessimistic literature will turn you into a control freak which is appreciated by young ladies.

I felt suicidal for the last three years so I kind of feel experienced enough to prevent any suicidal episodes now. First I thought that having a gf could help me solve my suicidal tendencies, but now I understand that it's not an option since I don't care about relationships

You surely were never in love. It is a pathetic feeling but it gives your life meaning, even if it might be for no response on the other end.

I felt love as a child, once I hit puberty the ability to feel like that died. It's entirely taught to you by cartoons and movies.

As someone who was in a long term relationship, getting out of it has given me clarity on how it destructs one's own ego to totality. I cannot quite place it in words, but the time spent in "love" is much akin to having your will and individuality trapped in an amber. Looking back, I feel as if there was some form of temporal fog being placed on me throughout the period, a statis if you will. Point being, you lose yourself by giving yourself to another. Perhaps that is your deep seated fear that prevents you from bonding.

nope, u have 0 neuroses.

This is basically my life right now and I feel pretty content with that. Not sure why OP is complaining. You know, there's also all that liquid modernity and shit, so it's not easy to be interested in people nowadays, but you gotta believe that maybe one day you will find the one that will make you feel something other than sexual desire.

Attached: The-Thinker-1913.jpg (550x640, 35K)

Just be urself

this. I don't think I could still "love" her in the morning. the moment I ejaculated it almost felt like I spurted out all the rest of my feelings about her. I became irritated, but I rationalized it by telling myself that maybe I was just tired. It takes on average 1.5 days to go back to "baseline"

There's nothing wrong with you. What people call 'love' is just mating, made slightly more complicated by the fact that we have social norms, cultural expectations and even laws that dictate how we're supposed to behave. Now, lust and the desire for companionship are very powerful feelings, but also very basic. Women and relationships are just not that interesting when they have to compete in your head with grand thoughts about the nature of reality and the meaning of life.

>You guys ever had something like that?
No

Attached: 1568729408384.jpg (1080x1080, 296K)

That might be because a couple functions as a Man-Woman assemblage making a new emergent entity distinct from its constituents.

i think i might be gay

I read some pessimistic literature as a teen (although I eventually grew out of it), and it honestly made me just stop worrying about things so much. It got me to a point where my view on girls was “it’d be nice if something happens, but it’s not a big deal if it doesn’t”. Ironically, that mindset seems to have made me a bit more popular with women, since I’m not double checking myself when I talk to them in the same way that I used to, which gives me a bit more confidence.

But to answer your question, I’m also apathetic towards dating on the whole because I’m very picky when it comes to partners. I’ve had one girl who seemed like she was interested in me, but I wasn’t interested in her and I think a lot of that had to do with the fact that I really want to get to know the person before I commit to anything long term— Something that’s discouraged in the modern dating landscape.

there´s a big frustation in me because i´ve never had a gf (22 y/o btw) and all the women i´ve met treats me like an orbiter, just for mindless attention and women love attention, it´s their nectar

Imagine all the hair she'd leave in your sink/shower.

Easy solution. Go gay and get yourself a guy who's as pessimistic as you.

Came here to make fun of the neurotic, serotonin-or-whatever-deprived lads but now I'm horny. Thanks for nothing man