Is Michael Chabon based or cringe? Have I been memed into reading him or is this actually worth it?

Is Michael Chabon based or cringe? Have I been memed into reading him or is this actually worth it?

Attached: BDBA0CD2-A4AB-4CAA-BC16-14282F530B71.jpg (1667x2560, 819K)

Very r*ddit

form your own opinion, fag. Theres nothing more reddit than coming into a doomer forum and asking a bunch of pseuds what YOU thought of the damn book.

terrible middlebrow fiction
stick to Pynchon

You almost used all your edgy internet words there friend. Need better pacing.

wasted trips on some gay shit. You still want us to form your opinion for you or not? Dont read it, it's shit. there, saved you some hard work. Go post about how much you love Nietzsche.

I've read the Final Solution and, despite the terrible double entendre title, it was pretty decent. That being said, most of his other work sounds really cheesey.

cringe

i enjoyed the yiddish policeman's union & cavalier and klay

Read Cavalier and Klay about nine years ago. Liked it at the time. Reading The Yiddish Policeman's Union right now. Just started it, but not very impressed so far. Full of edgy wanna be film noir doom and predictable (finding a hidden clue after angrily throwing the book at the wall, etc.).

I thought this book was great. If you're concerned about fitting in on Yea Forums, don't read it but make sure to post about how it's onions onions for coomers every time someone brings it up.

>OP asks if this is a meme
>half of all user say it's a meme and OP is a meme also
>other half likes it but no reasons given except that it is not a meme
there was a time when not everything was expressed in and thought of as fucking memes... tab closed.

Wonder Boys is a great book

that’s the only other one ive read and i really liked it, i’m about halfway through moonglow and it’s okay, have you read it?

If it says new york times bestseller it's guaranteed to be a steaming pile of shit.

i’ve only read the crying lot of 49 and it was okay and i’m not sure if i even understood it as i am a brainlet

but wonder boys is good

why

one of the few patrician young adult novels

Attached: 16705._SY475_.jpg (312x475, 30K)

I think he's one of if not the best genre fiction writers currently working. I know that may sound like I'm damning with faint praise but I still believe it to be true.

you're not a brainlet, you're just not exposed to challenging stuff
stfu and go read and stop whining

My favorite HaShoah trope is when they talk about "great cultural achievenents" and boast, we were your whole literature, your whole theatre, your whole art, where would you be without us.
Who now remembers Jonathan Safran Foer?

what pynchon should i read that’s not the crying lot? i know people say inherent vice but i also see people say that’s pynchon-lite so i’m not sure if that’s the right place to start

loved wonderboys.

loved cavalier and klay.

that's all i've read. I think Yea Forums isn't too keen on it because it's not "flex" material like GR or IJ or Ulysses

>Who now remembers Jonathan Safran Foer?
I think I saw him on a Simpsons rerun last week LOL

>people say that’s pynchon-lite so i’m not sure if that’s the right place to start
why wouldn't it be

jfc pynchonfags are the absolute worst

OK so step 1...don't listen to Yea Forums ...

start with his short story - THE SECRET INTEGRATION or something like that. Google it.

Read it, then i'll tell you more. Stop torturing yourself. You're not a brainlet. We're all fucked up.