How many Russian philosophers do you know user?

How many Russian philosophers do you know user?

Attached: Nesterov_Florensky_Bulgakov.jpg (1496x1500, 395K)

Zero.

I have read all the famous Russians but never any philosophers. Where do I start?

You already started user (if you have read Tolstoy or Dostoyevsky), so that's a good thing.
And it depends on what you want to get into.
You can get into the basic leftie stuff and explore the origins of anarchism with Bakunin, or you could try more esoteric stuff like Russian machism or cosmism.

The most famous "pure" philosphers are considered the ones in the OP pic tho, mainly bulgakov, the guy on the right

There are also Berdyaev and Rozanov, but in fact there are many more

Apart from those already mentioned:
Vladimir Solovyov
Nikolai Fyodorov
Lev Shestov
Pyotr Kropotkin
Vlad Lenin
Alexander Bogdanov
Isaiah Berlin
Alexandre Kojève
Dugin
Boris Groys

Shoutout to the literary theorists too: Jakobson, Shklovsky, Bakhtin, Propp

Didn't even knew russia had philosophers lol

>tfw learning Russian so I can read Berdyaev, Solovyov, and Ivan Ilyin in the original Russian
>tfw I'm a fan of Koyre, a somewhat-fan of Kojeve, and everyone's a fan of Berlin

Feels bad because it's going to take 3 years before I can read an milk carton

>dugin
...uhhhhh

good list
also Pobedonostsev

Attached: 436351._UY432_SS432___01.jpg (284x432, 52K)

kropotkin and my nigga bakunin

Isaiah Berlin's Three Critics of the Enlightenment is the best thing I've read all year. Aside from being a remarkable thinker and educator, he was one hell of a writer.

>Dugin
Jebany v rot..

>Vlad Lenin
He wasn't Russian, he was a finno-ugric midget

Russian isn’t so bad once you get all the retarded stuff. It’s actua probably the easiest language to understand in my opinion.

finno-ugric are far better than slavs

Zero.
I have a strong aversion to most things Russian despite speaking Russian fluently.

:)

Leontiev
Shestov
Berdyaev
Solovyov
Bakhtin
Ilyin

пидop лyшкыдo pyш

can you elaborate on this please? genuinely curious

Why not learn latin instead?

Not him, but I find Russian to be very intuitive as well. It just seems right. And my native language isn't a slavic one
>he doesn't learn both
The state of this board

What about Russian not having a strict word order?

None, Russian, its language and its literature are shit, sorry not sorry

the russian case system feels very natural. also not a slavic speaker, i grew up with english/french

How can a case system seem any more or less right than anything else?

Isn't Russian conjugation complex?

>Isn't Russian conjugation complex?
no it really isn't. The only weird thing is that they have this system where each verb has two different forms that correspond mostly to perfective/imperfective. Sometimes the two forms are fairly different but mostly they look similar.

It's nowhere near the shitshow that ancient greek verb conjugation is for example.

Wow. This may sound naive, but how much work do you think it would be to bully through enough Russian grammar to begin (painfully) translating basic non-literary texts?

Is Russian highly irregular/idiomatic like French?

>Is Russian highly irregular/idiomatic like French?
Yes. Don't listen to the other anons, if you're an Anglo you can basically give up learning Russian, or any Slavic language for that matter. Unless you're good at picking up connections between languages and good at learning new one obviously

Unless you're mentally disabled you can pick up any language on earth(assuming it has the resources) within a few years by just working at it consistently. You're not going to be a professional translator but you can easily get to the stage where you understand it. There is nothing special about Russian or Slavic languages.

Attached: apollo's ascent.png (469x600, 446K)

Depends on what you consider "knowing" a language.
I unironically think that you can't fully learn a second language unless at least one of the cases below applies:
A) you grow up with it
B) it's English
C) it's a language in the family of a language you already know (i.e. dutch-german, russian-ukrainian)

>Isaiah Berlin
did he write in Russian? he is based

has russian philosophy even started though?

Attached: dugin_start.jpg (617x965, 43K)

Why do you speak Russian fluently?

>B) it's English
you think this only because everyone is exposed to lots of english everywhere.

Ergo English is easy to learn.
I didn't say English is somehow special or easier to learn by itself.

I've always thought it's weird that a supposedly (ex) communist country hasn't produced any significant Marxists thinkers in the 20th century. Evald Ilyenkov is an exception and I recommend reading his books or even essays about him - there's a bit more in English now.

I would suggest skipping Bakunin unless you really enjoy philosophy. His life story is novelesque, though.

It's not that it's complex, it's that they have full agreement. So for both nouns and adjectives you have sets of endings for gender, number, and case. This enables very flexible word order, seen in Russian poetry (probably not so much in prose).

It's not wierd at all, Solzhenitsyn said something about that.

English, Chinese, and Bahasa Indonesia (or at least Pasar Indonesia) do everything with word order and vocabulary. In a sense that makes them categorically easier than heavily conjugated languages.

Exactly as many anyone ought to: 0