The most powerful emotion in existence is spite

The most powerful emotion in existence is spite.

No great deed, moment in history, invention or piece of art could exist if not for the phrase "I'll show you, you bitch!". For example, Schopenhauer was filled with so much spite from the actions and words of his mother that he gave us some of the best pessimistic philosophy ever written.

Attached: 220px-Schopenhauer.jpg (220x263, 14K)

>The most powerful emotion in existence is spite
Makes no evolutionary sense

I agree about Schop though

>spite against his mom
you mean spite against Hegel, right

yea people think you should just "move on" but it's about using the grudge to get a better life so you can be a fucking bastard if you ever meet them again

>Makes no evolutionary sense

OFFICIAL SCHOPENHAUER HATRED LEVELS

3. His mom
2. Hegel
1. Himself

Attached: 1566148205741.png (745x503, 567K)

Why some pseuds(Nietzsche, Schop, Machiavelli) continue to make such claims about human nature when they can be refuted by understanding Plato and Aristotle. Were they to edgy and lazy on their Greeks

Attached: Screenshot 2019-09-23 at 19.49.33.png (2168x1000, 3.43M)

>evolutionary sense

Attached: 1452304010909.png (500x338, 44K)

incredibly based and redpilled post

Actually it's more that Schopenhauer gave you pessimistic philosophy because he's always been a melancholic cuckold. If it weren't for spite, which is the opposite of his nihilism, he would have killed himself.
His spite kept him alive and well.

>Makes no evolutionary sense
"You wrong me, I'll extinction you!"

Nietzsche and Miachavelli at least probably had more knowledge of the Greeks in their 20's than you will have the day you draw your last breath.

I'll show you, I'll find an even more powerful emotion than spite.

Follow your feelings long enough and you'll find out that there is no such thing as a "most powerful emotion." There is only empowering motivation, and the most empowering of these motivations is co-creativity. these intensities are collectively known as "love," but it only a category of elements that are infinite in variety and difference.

I wish I could show you love as powerful as I have experienced it. It makes every moment a joy. It is the birthright of life, speaking of no gods and no control.

"No!"

Spinoza's writing is better, and he considered spite a result of ignorance.
He was correct.

>Nietzsche and Miachavelli at least probably had more knowledge of the Greeks in their 20's than you will have the day you draw your last breath.

true, still does not mean that they jumped to conclusions which contradict western thought whilst not providing suitable argumentation

He was categorically wrong.

>can be refuted by Plato and Aristotle
Where are they refuted? If anything Plato and Aristotle were the ones that were refuted the most throughout history, not that it makes their works useless.
Also, Nietzsche, Schop and Machia knew more about the history of the greeks than the greeks themselves knew of their past and what would come of their future.

>conclusions which contradict western thought
Where did they contradict? Also whats the deal with refuting western thought?

Schopenhauer doesn't even come close to Spinoza, even though he's basically just a Spinoza ripoff centuries late and with a brainlet-induced self-importance and falsely justified pessimism.

I don't give a shit. That statement is wrong and misunderstands spite.

I have an interest in philosophy but I currently battle with depression and sickness and have a hard time on keeping a grasp on hobbies & meaningful activities. I've read some quotes and excerpts from Schopenhauer and Nietzsche and took a liking to them, I speak German so I guess thats a good place to start. I've also dabbed a bit into Aristoteles works but they are so abundant and cover such a large ground that I think it might not be the best way to start. I didn't go to college or had philosophy classes but I think I'm quick to take up new things if I enjoy them, can you guys recommend me some works I should start with? They don't necessarily have to correspond to these authors.

Attached: 180713_arthurschopenhauer.jpg (900x532, 61K)