Was I supposed to dislike the society portrayed in this book? Winston was a fucking pussy and deserved what he got...

Was I supposed to dislike the society portrayed in this book? Winston was a fucking pussy and deserved what he got. The system described in the book seems like a good alternative to the "system" that we currently have.

Attached: 41E9Z5XaHcL.jpg (337x500, 19K)

bro. winston was kinda a cuck. but. he ended up with a hot chick. sounds pretty good to me.

Retarded thread.

that wasnt the point of the thread i made, you moron. i was trying to make a point about the society we live in. your comment wasnt funny.and not necessary.

op here. if its retarded, why are you here? kinda says something about you, don't it?

it's wageslave:the dystopia, except I'm not even sure if they get paid well. I don't see what's so good about that.

go back to r*ddit, cuck

op here. they dont neeed to be paid, dont they. have you even read the fucking book?? you dont really get what i was going for, dont you. head back to /fit/ or something you meat head jock.

Not really, no. I'm just trying to coom, Sir. And your thread is distupting this board's natural purity to which I stroke my 9 inch cock.

op here, those idiots didnt understand the high level metaphors i was making about the society we live in. you probably wouldn't understand.

op here. when i came to this board, it was a wasteland. now that im here, id like to think that the quality has rising dramatically. can you actually leave? we're trying to have a discussion.

It's been a while since I read 1984. IIRC all Winston used to do everyday was doing that government job and spending time at the corner of his room. If he does not need to be paid then he is wageslave without the wage, meaning just slave. That's what he actually ended up becoming at the end of the book anyway.

op here. does anyone have anything to add that may actually spark a genuine conversation...? i'm waiting.......

op here. whatever. i really dont think you *quite* understand the intricacies of the narrative i'm trying to portray. ugh, my talent really is wasted on you psueds.

real op here. But that's exactly how I feel. Fucking pseuds. What even happened to Yea Forums...

op here. i dont think you understand what op means. i made this thread, right? so im the Original Poster: ergo: OP. for a self professed "literature" board, you people are remarkably dense & illiterate.

K dude. Just kys for the lols

Cope

op here, I suck massive cocks all day everyday

op here, OONGA BOONGA CHUNGA BUNGA

op here. the quality of Yea Forums has really gone down. why dont the rest of you like gobbling cock as i do?

genuinely the best bait i've seen in a long time

OP here. Forgot to mention that I’m gay, not sure if that matters.

OP here, I just got diagnosed with dissociative personality disorder so I might have to leave Yea Forums for a while

OP here. You too?

OP here, you are all a bunch of NIGGERS!

Yours truly,
>t. OP

Low IQ detected.

op here. I mainly liked it because the telescreen sounds awesome. I can talk to my lg 42 inch 4K tv through the smart remote but i can’t fap and get turned on at potentially being spied on by bureaucrats

Oppress me state daddy

Burger detected.

Attached: 1566248749362.png (840x854, 434K)

Kek

op here. oh pee ere I am. wet me here oh bunny hare opressor am i op?

hmm... without announcing support for this man's argument I urge that he be listened to and taken seriously, yes

Attached: per-xijinping-01-810459054.jpg (1440x1217, 181K)

Here's your response to your troll thread, OP.

It won't fill the void.

>Was I supposed to
Massive brainlet detected.

Attached: 5763428843_ce57f1f3a9_m.jpg (221x240, 23K)

Good catch, common misconception about 1984 was that Orwell was describing his society as undesirable, he was a leftie after all.

This. The only book of consequence that you should legitimately not know how to feel about is Don Quixote.

lmao
Also OP, I agree that Winston was a pussy and I would add also a hypocrite (book itself points this out) and you're not supposed to find him a hero or idolize him, but how does that therefore mean the society presented in 1984 is good? Rather I would ask you, why do you find the society in 1984 to be preferable?

Because all of the negative aspects of humanity are stripped and we can enjoy life as part of a whole.

What parts of humanity would say are negative and stripped away in this society?
"Enjoying life as part of a whole", you may have a point there. In the end Winston does seem happy but he's also completely brainwashed. Do you not find this troubling? Not trying to paint a loaded question btw just no other way to phrase it. I don't think being brainwashed is inherently good or bad for the purposes of this question, all humans are brainwashed to some degree.