Its been 50 years since he died, What's the final verdict on Jack Kerouac Yea Forums?

Its been 50 years since he died, What's the final verdict on Jack Kerouac Yea Forums?

Attached: kerouac.jpg (275x183, 11K)

utter shite for cringy boomers

you just dont get it brainlet.

I get it. I just think it's silly and inferior to the work of pretty much every major writer in the 20th century.

>shite
britbongs can't understand the beats

Only boomers and faggots can. I'm sure you identify with one of these.

What makes it a book only boomers enjoy then user? Most of the people I know that like the book are 18-25.

>I will NEVER fuck Kerouac
This is one sick, sick timeline.

You could do better, user.

Yeah, if a handful of banana peels in a ziplock bag is better

h-how does that work?

American here. Let me put it plainly: every single one of the Beats is fucking garbage and a blight upon American literature. They are only a notch below the David Foster Wallace/Raymond Carver milieu. The Lost Generation were the last truly great writers to be born of this country. What's followed has been a travesty.

>American here
Stopped reading there.

The only people I've met who didnt love on the road were women. It was my favorite book in high school and it's still an enjoyable read today

>S
I don't have time to parse the retorts of my interiors.

Charles Bukowski shit quite lavishly on the book. Incidentally, he's also beloved by women.

One of the most important books in my life. I credit this for making me want to be a writer and mad with life.

>interiors
(' //O/w/O/)
user what are you trying to tell us

faggots on Yea Forums dont like kerouac and the beat generation because he is attractive and fucked his away across America with Neal Cassady. Something they don't know anything about because they are virgins and don't leave their rooms.

one of the best, if you read the entire duluoz cycle you'll understand. my only wish is that jack had been closer in age to gary snyder when they were friends, i think he would have gotten off the sauce and lived longer

>reads the great gatsby once

Pretty much this. He was clearly well read and innovative with his prose. People here don't like him because he doesnt conform to the accepted pitiful writer type that this board propagates

my favorite writer

Attached: 63b85b54cb4f410fbe4592c646b57e66.jpg (1152x1045, 173K)

No, I also dislike Ginsberg and he wasn't anywhere close to being attractive or fucking girls. The Beats just suck major cock, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Good stories, bad writing. I relate to him a lot as an alcoholic semi-faggot aspiring writer.

I don't read peasant lit.

based hank
Only read on the road and it was pretty bad
Burroughs on the other hand was great

What do you dislike about his writing? I actually quite like the way his prose flows

A literal who. Fellated by insecure privileged Americans. Doomed to lost to obscurity within a half century.

That's not writing, that's typing.

Attached: 23232332.jpg (474x446, 37K)

you'll notice if you read through in one go that many parts are repetetive, rought, not polished but more like reaffirmed improvisations. brainlets will say its badly written, but braingain chads see On the road for what it is: a celebration of jazz, living like playing jazz, and telling it like all is zen, all is jazz.

I find it to be loose and essentially random. That's not to downplay where it comes from: it comes from an alcoholic, rootless group of sentimentalists - but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy it. Whereas Faulkner, Fitzgerald, and Hemingway wrote, hew, revised, and edited their work, Kerouac just let it all spill out and let it stand as it was. Nothing wrong with that, except it makes him a bad *technical* and *stylistic* writer; good for feels, not for talent, IOW.

Top fucking kek