How many books can you read in one year?

How many books can you read in one year?

Attached: 1546128814835.png (720x393, 413K)

Don't tell me he read that many. Goddamn.

its clickbait
he read about 70

he said in the video he read 72 and added the 1 for clickbait purposes

He read 72, which is still more than most Yea Forums posters. The majority of them were patrician too. He legit reviewed Kierkegaard on his channel

Still much more than me. Kinda depressing, but also makes me like him more.

I've read 22 thus far. Most I've ever read in a year.
In order to read a lot you either have to have no job, or quit watching tv / webbing

wtf why did he clickbait what a fag. however I feel much better knowing that he only read 72

You can power through tons of books but if you're not taking the time to actually retain them or appreciate them it's mostly a waste.

Cope. Just admit that we all should read more and that 72 is indeed impressive, considering he read mostly Classics.

I can 300 pages a day. But I'm lazy.

but you're a neet so it all evens out

I have a job.

Yeah, give up TV. Try writing a book! No, don't I've been doing that for twenty years now and nobody gives a shit.

if you had the security and free time that he has you'd probably be able to read 70+ books a year too. also, i don't follow him really at all, does he do this every year?

My highest record is 29 full length novels. Usually it's 10-15 full length novels plus several short poetry collections or plays that only take 1 day to read.

have you read anna karenina? how long did it take you? it's going to be the next book i start after i finish the current one

Watching TV does nothing. It makes nothing, gives you nothing. It's a dead activity. At least writing, especially writing a complete book, will be quite rewarding even if no one ever reads it.

Nope. Since I read epubs exclusively it's difficult to determine page count, but according to goodreads the longest novels I've read are Les Miserables at 1468 pages and Outlaws of the Marsh at 2149 pages.

Reading epubs it takes me about 3.5 hours to read whatever "200" means, and that's the longest chunk I ever read in one day. The Project Gutenberg version of Anna Karenina is at 2100 so it would take me 11 days if I read 3.5 hours every day. The problem I have is that I don't read every day and often take breaks in the middle of reading longer books. So "how long does it take you to finish" could be 11 days for Anna Karenina, or multiple months.

There's no way you retain much by reading more than a book a week unless they're some novela shits

the only thing ive read in the past 18 years is your mum's phat pussie.

I legit enjoyed his book reviews. Too bad he's a Minecraft channel now.

If you read an average of 250 words per minute that's 15000 words every day. Lets say you read 1 hour every work day and 2 hours on the weekend days - that's 9 hours which makes 135000 words, which is pretty much the average length of a novel. It's doable and not a big chunk of your time.

I read books very slowly, but as a result remember much more than an average passive reader.

Big doubt

He was questioning basic words in videos after his first few book EPs, making it all the more apparent he uses the book club EPs to shill right wing books.

He might have read 10 books.

Why would you want to rush through books?

It really depends. Reading Hemingway or Jack London is not the same as reading Derrida or Hegel's 'Phenomenology' in terms of speed.

your theory disregards the reality, which is that very few people are going to be powering away at their average rate of reading for a whole hour straight

I try to read 52 books a year and I keep track of it in Goodreads. Managed to do it in 2017 and 2018, will probably make it this year as well. However, there were books from which I don't remember much, like Sartor Resartus and that Cormac Mccarthy book with desolate landscapes, untranslated Spanish dialogue, long philosophical monologues and occasional ultraviolence.

An hour is not that long, user.

Personally I prefer to track pages - this takes into account all the non-book material I read and is more precise. I also find it more motivating.

Maybe you're an incredible savant, but most people will stop to think, re-read, look around or take a break during an hour. I'd fully halve the page-reading rate.

Things pseuds say
>yeah I've read 42 books and 15,000 pages this year, and yourself??

People who brag about reading '70' books don't actually read anything substantial.

>70
yeah right

too bad his fanbase and content is reddit memes
if he wasn't a gateway to the neoliberals i would like him too
he's exposing literature to a massive audience of cringelords and manchildren - that's bad

He has for the past several years. He genuinely seems to enjoy it too. You can tell he’s actually reading and thinking about the books he talks about

boast to your 100 million cringelords about it

it's a shame he has to do so from such a retarded platform/persona

Attached: Screenshot 2019-09-23 at 14.44.51.png (1440x777, 797K)

Except that he mostly read classics, including complex philosophical works. He actually reviewed a lot of these books on his channel

Attached: 78181886b57535a2d61b77411877a4f2.jpg (500x624, 53K)

hardly any

I work a lot and am mentally exhausted after work. Ideally I'd wake up at like 5 am, study, read, write etc. before work but it just never works out that way.

lately ive been binging on wow classic.

so ive read like 5-6 books this year

Like?

PEWEWIEPUP I KNOW YOU SEE THIS PLS BOST BOOK REVIEWSD I DONT GIVBBA SHIT ABOYUT MINECASHT

he has loads of free time. doesnt even edit his videos and probably doesnt even go to the grocery store

My goal is always between 50-60. Last year I've only read 38. This year I already read 40, so I'm pretty confident I can read more ten books until the end the year.

This but more so.

Don't read so many books. There is no fucking point. You won't remember most of them anyways. Just read condensed versions if it's fiction, or stick to short stories, which are just as satisfying as novels. Read notes, wikis, excerpts, and analysis on the work if it's long form nonfiction.

Academics and authors pad their works for various entirely materialist reasons.

Is this a joke? If you read less than 60 books per year you're not a serious reader

"fewer"

he counted comics and manga, there's no way the zoomlord can read a book every 5 days.

Isn't he in his thirties?

Currently at 26: best book was probably the Gita, worst was Sun and Steel, longest was Infinite Jest (it wasn't that bad tho, I'd give it a 7/10)

wtf why did he used click-bait in that video, what a fag? However I feel much better knowing that he only read 72.

Attached: 220px-Egypt_Central_Re-Release.jpg (220x220, 12K)

I aim for 12 a year, one for each month. I'm currently one month behind, because the Fountainhead was such a struggle to finish.

He's lord of the zoomers, not a zoomer himself.

"less"

AAVE

AK is a long one but not a super hard read. When I’m worried about time, I make myself read at least X pages every day, that way you won’t stagnate if you’re busy or get lazy. I know some people can read nonstop but I always get burnt out after about an hour.
40-50 pages every day and you’ll be done in a week and some change. I read Crime and Punishment in 2 weeks even with skipping a couple of days.

taking a sympathetic view here, an hour reading feels like a 2 hour movie - especially at first. the patience requied to seriously read in today's dopamine society is way higher than the average person

>actually reading and thinking about the books
Wow, so totally unlike anyone who posts on Yea Forums? No wonder Yea Forums hates him.

I've watched 72 movies this year
I've played 72 games this year
bleh

about to finish my 30th book this year
started reading daily this february
i thought of writing everything i read in a notepad early on and i think it will be cool to to look back on it in a couple of years,i even write some reviews if i feel i have something to say about a book

i was on course to hit 100 books this year until my alcoholism kicked in and now i think i may just sneak in my traditional 50 in between drinking and hungover days
glad i got that headstart with dry january

Currently 29 books completed, about to finish another one. Hopefully will finish another dozen or so 500+ page books and a couple of novellas by the end of the year.

I'm just starting my Yea Forums journey, so I don't have a wide enough frame of reference to even say. At the current pace though, about 60/year.

Attached: images.png (288x175, 6K)

he said he read for a couple hours a day, he's not a big tv watcher and doesn't really play much vidya, why does everyone think 70 books a year is unbelievable also he read mostly fiction

You don't actually believe that do you? He's just reading the wikipedia synopsis.

That's like 1.3 books a week. Just use your brain for once, please.

check yourself. i'm set to have read about 80-90 by the end of this year.
>has to take actual pains just to remember what he reads
were you in special ed?
i work a 9-5, fag.
>watching tv in 2019
do you eat hot reeking shit out of the toilets of shopping malls, too?
nice cope brainlet. maybe for you.

>14 hours per week
>average book takes 3-5 hours
>4.6 to 2.8 books per week
but lets assume he reads just one hour a day
>7 hours per week
>2.3 to 1.4
1.4 x 52 = 72

so if we half his reading time and assume every single book he read was on the higher side of average he would still read 70+ books per year
shame you didn't use your brain to do basic math before posting lad

I used to read fast when I was a kid, but then I started silently "mouthing" the words, so I read about as fast as I would read if I read it out loud. No sound comes out, but I make the motions with my tongue and sometimes lips.
I don't know if it has something to do with reading Harry Potter in English before I could really understand English at all. I'm basically imagining how an actor would say the lines in a screen adaptation. Do other people do anything like this? I'm sure I'm not alone and it's not so weird.
As a kid I would just zoom through the pages reading as fast as I could think.

this is non-reader cope that guy who got famous for screaming at video games is more well read them

Based STEM lad.

I actually wonder if this is the case, Yea Forums seems incredibly biased against people who've read a high number of books and often claim they're lying when they're probably not

I probably spend about 12 hours a day reading between studying what I'm actually doing reading articles and papers for my marxist work. Don't have a lot of time for non-fiction.

it's such an american thing to do quantity over quality goddamn i hate how american culture has infected everything

>average book takes 3-5 hours
yeah if you're reading garbage

i've had enough of your nonsense
please don't respond

1, sometimes less

name your ten favorite books

1. Moby Dick
2. Crime and Punishment
3. The Brothers Karamazov
4. The Bible
5. Ulysses
6. Lolita
7. Stoner
8. Gravity's Rainbow
9. The Iliad
10. Infinite Jest

Thanks for proving my point fag, I said you either have to not work or quit watching tv to read that much
But, despite your constant reading, you cant retain basic information

at first it was
>pewdiepie didn't read 70+ books in a year
now the goalposts have moved and it's
>pewdiepie only read garbage books
anyway
>brave new world, 4hrs38m
>the old man and the sea, 1hr26m
>Fahrenheit 451, 2hr59m
>Mans Search for Meaning, 2hr45m
>The Sailor Who Fell from Grace with the Sea, 2hr39m
but let me guess all these highly regarded books are actually garbage because you user on Yea Forums has the best opinions on books
>7. Stoner
but that books garbage user it can be read in under 5 hours, unless you're going to move the goalposts again?

Less than half of one book.

I've read 40 books so far this year. I mostly just read classics, since most of them are in public domain, which means I can easily find and download them onto my phone. The longest book I've read so far is "Little Women", so 40 books probably isn't that impressive.

on average about 20 books.

Currently reading The Black Spider by Jeremias Gotthelf.
Sort of fairy taleish about poor swiss serfs under the merciless rule of Teutonic lord driven to desperation that make a deal with the devil.
Payment, one unbaptized child.
I'm about 1/4 the way through.

In the past I've been able to read at least a hundred books a year. This year I will probably manage sixty as I have finally learned enough Japanese to read in the language, but it is very slow.

If I were to read full time in English I could probably do 300 books in a year. Real books.

>retard zoomer talks out of his ass: news at 11

If I was dedicated, 20

Writing is an art, pleb

>#4

Attached: 287FCF49-1AD0-46A7-BFA1-16BA48B3AED9.png (1334x750, 2.6M)

>refering to a food by its main macro nutrient
>movie succes=moneys made
>sports where the only real fun is comparing statistics
>bragging about number of books read

it suddenly makes sense to think that most romans had no clue their civilization was colapsing.

Im probably older than you tard

Take a moment and realize that first of all it isn't a contest and second of all one needs time to digest, process and contemplate what one has read. There's and absolute risk in reading too much too fast and have it be less worthwhile in the process.

all people who give attention to these internet celebrities will rot in hell

lmao at people not believe this or saying pewds reads comics. most of the books he reads are Yea Forums memes his favorite author is mishima. based pewds motivating zoomers to read.