Go to Yea Forums

>go to Yea Forums
>/pol/
>/r9k/
>/adv/
>/his/
Jesus Christ. Tell me right now the last book you read. I want to believe this board isn't a complete shithole.

Attached: pepe.jpg (660x574, 31K)

Aristotle's Prior Analytics :3

Did you like it?

Ovid's Metamorphosis. Right now i'm reading The 1001 nights.

Carl Schmitt - Theory of the Partisan: Intermediate Commentary on the Concept of the Political

Confessions by Augustine. Entertaining except for the gay ass prayers that preface every book.

Right now I'm listening to The Stand on audiobook.

I thought Book one had essentially exhausted the important concepts, book two was kind of a pot pourri of logical observations and arguments, like reductio ad absurdum and petito principiis, which quite frankly, were already utilized in book one. :3

White Album by Joan Didion. It's very enjoyable and relateable to today. There's an essay about Berkely in particular that could have been written today. Also started reading Slow Days Fast Company by Eve Babitz. It's wonderfully decadent and yet still restrained in it's depictions.

currently reading Sartre's Nausea, finished Kierkegaard's Fear & Trembling a few days ago. I've never read a lot of existentialist literature so I'm working my way through it

The writings of Xunzi

vicar of wakefield

Constellation Myths, with Aratus's Phaenomena. I went back to it because I couldn't take many big books with me to China and I need something to read on the shitter. It's neat, I like all the little stories.

Walter Kauffman's biography on Nietzsche, currently readin Human, All Too Human

2 hours left of a biology textbook. Last book was on human anatomy

The Mystical Theology of the Eastern Church - Vladimir Lossky

Antigone

Persians

First Person - Vladimir Putin

The Tao Is Silent by Raymond Smullyan. It was pretty good, short and sweet, essentially a mathematician espousing his personal love of Taoism and illustrating what Taoism is gesturing towards through examples. He even deconstructs seemingly extremist statements like Zen masters saying they would kill the Buddha, pointing out what is more likely being communicated through context. Solid overall and it was a nice change of pace from the doorstoppers I’ve been reading as of late.

Attached: 879ACBA4-3444-42CC-8018-CD752CD68ED7.jpg (317x499, 39K)

Moby Dick, before that, I read Paradise Lost.

I was raised in a family where nobody could read anything complex. For the same reason, they all sucked at math, too; took my mother more than a decade to learn Algebra.

Letter on the English.

Wealth of Nations.

Im on an 1700's binge atm.

>frogposter
>complaining about the quality of literally anything
Dumb frogposter.

Starfish by Peter Watts

Tales from the Perilous Realm (J.R.R. Tolkien)
I'm currently reading two books: J.R.R. Tolkien: A Biography by Carpenter (I read it when I'm home) and Classic Locked-Room Mysteries edited by David Stuart Davies (I read it when I'm in the train).

Dubliners by James Joyce.

>Against the Day
Again. Writing a paper on it. It’s quite a ride, but, as far as sprawling historical novels go, I still prefer Mason & Dixon

The Pale Horseman

Warlock

This board never used to be invaded by /pol/yps

Finished Dune and before that Pnin

Starting on Infinite Jest

Going through Dubliners atm

I'm reading Antigone for a university course (a political science seminar of all things) if that counts. If not, then the Iliad was the last thing I read for fun.

Old Man and the Sea

What do you think of it? I think a lot of the translations to english are pretty dull.

Aristotle's Metaphysics fren

Unberto eco - numero zero

Post Office by Bukowski

White album is one of my favorite books. Everyone lived through, or in the shadow of, the wave that crashed over western society in the 1960's, but nobody but Didion has had the presence of mind to put so fine a point on it.

The bible

Read The Homecoming by Harold Pinter today.

>Pnin
Based. Dune is cool too :)

True. I miss those days.

The manual for my brand new John Deere™ T670 combine harvester.

Going through son 666 xon rn, just finished gravity's rainbow

Last 3:
Leviathan
A gentleman in Moscow
Anti-Oedipus

Last book: New Rules by Bill Maher
Current book: The New New Rules by Bill Maher

Castle of Otranto

The Hungry Caterpillar

Society of the Spectacle

Moby Dick/The Whale, it was fantastic, anyone who complains about the ‘boring’ chapters has been completely filtered
Currently reading Heart of Darkness

OF MICE AND BASED

contributres to the shithole with the shittiest post of them all

Attached: justaboutright.jpg (600x600, 29K)

How did you like this? Been meaning to pick it up

I loved it, the language is incredibly dense but it'll change the way you think about life, especially w/r/t consumption and advertising.

Exactly what I’m looking for, and I think it will well with my research. Thanks for reminding me user, glad you enjoyed it

>obscure post ww2 french marxist cultural critique
>entire book focused around every western country being denied true human potential because of muh consumerism
>solution is radical centralization as always
worthless literature from worthless parasites

Stories of Your Life and Others by Ted Chiang, /sffg/s monthly book. I'm currently reading the Republic.

>Right now i'm reading The 1001 nights
What's a good translation?

Also I just Wikipedia authors instead of reading them myself, I’m not sure if that matters

Pics or it did not happen. Include a shoe on harvester.

It shows. It's obvious you've never read Debord.

I also blithely entertain dialetic materialism and the end of history, because i too am a delusional utopian with no concept of free will - but it's okay because when it turns out my thinly veiled psychobabble is more projection than objective reality, using hegalianism we can hodge podge a new critical theory ad infintineum, of course in the entirely verbose and obscurtantist way, never straying further than the false dichotomy of oppressed vs oppressor

>"Here the stage is set with the false exit of generalized autism."

Unsure how misunderstanding free will is related to dialectic materialism, could you expand a bit

Tao Te Ching

The Red and The Black by Stendhal

how does he "reject" taoism?

The Cyberiad even though i'm 20 pages from finishing Siddhartha
Afterwards i'll read my greek history/mythology books and japanese Yea Forums and then other stuff on my shelf and plato

Dorian grey

Divan of various sufi poems (Rumi, Chakani, Sadi, Khosrow etc)

This month, epic of Gilgamesh, Plato’s republic, the odyssey, that collection of sapphos poems and now I’m starting the bhagavad ghita and blood meridian because you guys bullied me into it. Trying to get my foundation in literature

>epic of Gilgamesh
Based, my copy should be arriving in a couple of days.

The Epic of Gilgamesh

Neuromancer
It really is as good as everybody says
Now I started a book about communication and cybernetic theory

Alexander Luria - Cognitive deelopment: it's social and cultural foundations

Faulkner's As I Lay Dying. Faulkner is pretty comfy desu, trying to decide if I should leap into Absalom, Absalom or The Sound and The Fury next.

I dont read books reading is for losers who cant make their own experiences

Absalom is easier, a good primer for S&F's total density

Malone Dies. I'm reading Sailing Alone Around the World now before tackling The Unnamable.