Ted k hate thread

>"hur dur technology be vewwy bad"
>used tech his entire life even when he was in the wilderness
>still employs tech even in a fucking prison
>everyone who claims to like him uses tech all day long

how fucknig dumb are kazczynskians Yea Forums?

Attached: Theodore_Kaczynski2.jpg (201x251, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavioral_sink)
youtube.com/watch?v=5WPB2u8EzL8
overcomingbias.com/2018/01/kaczynskis-collapse-theory.html
theanarchistlibrary.org/library/ted-kaczynski-the-truth-about-primitive-life-a-critique-of-anarchoprimitivism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

im not one of those ted kultists who have to rabidly defend him everytime his name is besmirched but I can tell you've never read him

t. oversocialized urbanite

Attached: 1568888706578.png (800x821, 682K)

I'm pretty sure that's not what he said.

get off ur device then pussy

yeah it's exactly what he said

He didn't say it was bad, he said it tended to alienate people, which is pretty much true.

it's bringing u and me together rn tho

damn bro p gay

;)

It's obvious that you haven't read ISAIF. He suggests using industrial technology as a tool to destroy the industrial society as it would be futile if you tried doing the same with primitive means. Also not all technology is evil. If a local craftsman/small group of craftsmen can produce something without using industrial machines then this technology isn't evil in the sense that it doesn't make you dependent on a giant production line with complex logistics.

Attached: ted-kaczynski.jpg (1200x1200, 214K)

This is your issue.

Attached: IMG_20190918_214100_454.jpg (1200x872, 207K)

Pretty sure most zoo animals couldn't survive in the wild anymore.
Doesn't mean the zoo isn't kind of awful.

can a group of local craftsmen make a cool public train system for the city

Ted had a definition of human free will that is literally impossible. That's where he went wrong.

Dennett has one that works, I don't know about others, if you're interested in the subject.

They're dumb but your particular criticism is retarded. Lazczynskians are retarded because their entire plan could only possibly be executed in a situation where one political force achieved total global domination and then voluntarily decided to give up all of its power.

D. Dennet? Please do go on

A city would not need a public train system if industrial society had never happened. I'm not a Tedfag, in fact I hate the guy, but you need to be pretty dumb not to see it. It's like environmental problems: plebs like Pinker and Gates say we should push technology even further to transition to a green economy and the world will be saved. But this would've been senseless had we not destroyed everything already.

how does the construction of a train system compare to the construction of impressive structures in ancient times
does the critique of industrial society apply to those ancient projects as well since they probably uprooted smaller societies to turn them into slave labour

Kacz is right on diagnosis, but wrong on treatment.

Yeah, Theodore isn't really a primitivist, he is more like a medievalist, he is against industrial technology.

no, no you see, if we take over the US and deindustrialize then since america is so influential and the whole world loves us and copies us, then the whole world will voluntarily deindustrialize with us :)

This guy here has a point. How do we decide when to stop? How much tecnology is enough?

at least 168iq dumb

We need to make like a low-tech microstates that can sustain itself independent of their host nation as a failsafe for the looming cybernetic holocaust. That way everybody wins. Ted would never have gone as far as he did if they just left him alone in Montana.

I might. Want to publish it as a paper though, because I feel it touches on important issues, larger than Ted but Ted using as an archetypal example, and I want to at least give it a hint of legitimacy. And it's kind of long form.

Don't know whether it would be easier to self publish or submit to a journal, as a neet, though.

>inb4 some faggot says "well how canyoube against the tech if you're on the chon"

I would trade all non appropriate tech if it meant having making a non isolated living. Keep in mind, most normalfags can't live without their Facebook and iPhone. A world Ted wants would mean a highly autistic population. And that's a good thing lads.

you don't have to trade anything :) go live out there now pussy ;) oh wait, you won't and you'll make so many excuses and post on Yea Forums all day lmaoooo hypocrite bussy

>bros just get rid of 10,000 years of progress bros
dumb as hell
for better or for worst technology is here to stay

>non isolated

shut up, go live alone if you hate tech so much bussy boi

You wouldnt happen to be a faggot would you

do you realize the need for community predates the computer age? or are you 15?

I don't care if they hate technology. What I hate is that they come on this board and cry all the time like fucking babies. >BOOHOO TECHNOLOGY BAD, SOCIETY BAD, INTERNET BAD, BOOKS BAD
Their first reaction is too come crying to us instead of doing literally anything about it. These people are literally incapable of turning their computer off. At least Ted was competent enough to actually go to the wilderness, albeit by modern means.

>I'm a useless faggot addicted to Yea Forums but I'll justify it by saying normies use facebook
Pick your computer up and smash it to the floor, retard. It's that easy. If living in the wilderness was important enough to you, you would be making actions to make it happen. Be honest with yourself, admit that you are just a sperg who is afraid of hard work and the wilderness, and stop coming here to cry about how evil technology is.

so ur going to let the need for gash stop you from fulfilling ur dream of pooping in the forest? you're a fucking loser mate lmao

based

You had to write like a retard just to give your post a little edge. Ted is the ultimate rebel. He will continue to attract people who are disillusioned with society.

Realizing that you are essentially a domesticated human in a giant human ranch is a strange feeling. Maybe I should just learn to do more tricks that the human herders enjoy so I can receive more treats.

>Ted is the ultimate rebel.
killing innocent people isn't rebelling, that's just called being an evil retard. what's more is that he couldn't even do it like a man, mailing bombs is for pussies lmaoooo probably would get his ass beat by 90% of guys since he was a mentally ill, short tranny

>innocent
Only children can be considered innocent. Everyone else can be held responsible for how they live.
>evil
opinion.

u so edgy yes i cronge

Good job making yourself look like a retard.

tfw I destroy the techno-industrial system without technology

i'm just keeping cronging at u bro

He wasn't really anything specifically, he was just against industrial technology.

There are issues with what Kaczynski says/espouses and there are good criticisms against his goals but I never seen them from the anti-Ted posters, who seem unwilling or unable to read anything he actually wrote.

i can tell you've never read a single thing he's every written

kaczynskian NPCs who can't refute anything are in awe when someone doesn't like their fav tranny writer so they just assume you've never read him lol

You can't refute a non-argument.

>Shorter attention spans: many primitive peoples, when they didn't have work to do, were quite content to sit for hours at a time doing nothing at all (boredom practically didn't exist)
That bit never made sense to me. Is there any proof of this?

What post-industrial technology has brought us:
>Global and national matters taking precedence over local matters, thanks to faster transportation and rapid communication (the individual now has very little representation)
>The fruition of surrogate activities (video games, sports, bodybuilding, etc.) over biological goals (survival, procreation, raising children, etc.)
>Shorter attention spans: many primitive peoples, when they didn't have work to do, were quite content to sit for hours at a time doing nothing at all (boredom practically didn't exist)
>A lack of autonomy, the modern person's day-to-day life relies on the whims of a few bureaucrats and corporations (people used to be able to survive on their own)
>The employment of anti-depressants which act towards making the population docile towards the broken system, and unwilling to act on what they believe is morally correct (also as a result of surrogate activities)
>The destruction of tightly-knit communities and ancient cultures
>An eventual energy crisis (we'll run out of fossil fuels soon, and we have no alternative with a similar EROEI)
>Environmental destruction (ozone depletion, deforestation, greenhouse gas emission, etc.)
>Surveillance, and/or a general lack of privacy (think of Facebook's data mining)
>A "Brave New World" (yesterday’s science fiction is today's fact)
>Overpopulation, causing increased stress and aggression
>An general increase in social and economic complexity, meaning there will be frequent, hard-hitting crashes and recessions that the average person cannot predict or comprehend
>A "mouse utopia", or behavioral sink (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavioral_sink)
>Human competition with machinery, requiring more and more worker training to keep pace

Attached: 1427766347019.jpg (413x499, 109K)

Diogenes lived in a ceramic pot doing fuck-all for his entire life.
Also my post is here now because I had to fix formatting: ()

>Pick your computer up and smash it to the floor

*ahem*

>It would be hopeless for revolutionaries to try to attack the system without using some modern technology. If nothing else they must use the communications media to spread their message. But they should use modern technology for only one purpose: to attack the technological system.

Dumb enough to believe it's possible to abandon only some technology and to believe that technology owns the human race rather than the situation simply being that some humans own other humans.

>Dumb enough to believe it's possible to abandon only some technology
We currently require fossil fuels for post-industrial technology (shocking, I know); but that's the source of our problems entirely. When the industrial system collapses of its own accord (perhaps with the assistance of revolutionaries), people will avoid fossil fuels like the plague for hundreds of years to come. Even if people were to forget, there'll a incredibly slim chance that another industrial revolution will ever happen thanks to our ongoing depletion of fossil fuels.

You should really watch this video:
youtube.com/watch?v=5WPB2u8EzL8

For everything else you said, see: ()

>>Shorter attention spans: many primitive peoples, when they didn't have work to do, were quite content to sit for hours at a time doing nothing at all (boredom practically didn't exist)

you dumb retard, you can still for hours and do nothing you fucking idiot, nothing is stopping you hahaha pussy "me gotta break evewything cuz me can't sit down and do nothing without bussy hoirting :(" - you

>dude just like live in a shed
Get a load of this dipshit

Technology makes the average person's attention span way shorter.

Anyways, how old are you? You come off as a attention-hungry 12 year old.

With all this talk of "oversocialization" comparatively little is said about under-socialization. That's the true problem of our times. People don't interact like they used to and it's driving everybody crazy.

Yes, what a great way to justify your internet addiction.

Not an argument.

Attached: 1568902693348.jpg (500x361, 22K)

You're projecting. Go back to your cuck shed, Nigel.

>Technology makes the average person's attention span way shorter.
then get offline pussy, the solution isn't to convert the world into an african mud-hut tier society, u sperg

Indeed, the true impact of technology is not to oversocialize, to integrate you into collectivism and suppressed autonomy, but to undersocialize. To atomize you and thereby suppress your autonomy, because people can't get shit done or even become fully engaged by themselves.

>lol faget u care about the well-being of others???

Attached: 1568839640486.gif (53x60, 195K)

Oversocialization = commies
Undersocialization = nazis

I'd like to think that if Diogenes was alive today he would be shitposting alongside us.

Attached: 12632555125152.jpg (400x349, 47K)

>beliefs basically every single member of the ruling class had at that time
>no longer convenient w/r/t ca$hflow so now Uncle Ted is some kind of isolated extremist

your shit's threadbare

technology imposes a wider scale collectivism idiot that undermines your own cultural group

the frogposters are ignorant too btw
>standard bougie academic views for the 90s are now some kind of edgy outsider shit

Technology both oversocializes and undersocializes, with little ground in between.

based

Robin Hanson debunked Ted's retarded collapse theory.

overcomingbias.com/2018/01/kaczynskis-collapse-theory.html

Attached: Robin Hanson.jpg (600x600, 107K)

>Dennett

Attached: you're not conscious.jpg (858x649, 103K)

No, he truly didn't. The people in the comment section of that article BTFO'd him too. He just brings up Kaczynski's points and calls them ridiculous with nothing more to offer.

Attached: chad transhumanist.png (1400x650, 228K)

There shouldn't be a limit on knowledge - but we can make a conscious decisions about how we progress. The benefits conferred by large urban densities can be softened by technology. It has the potential for us to reduce the size of large urban centers - remove the need to travel distances removing city roads, large highways, public transport in some cases. Creating more environmental green cities with no cars, more walking and the ability to interconnect through the internet.

Sorry to break it to you, but Ted was not an anarcho-primitivist.
theanarchistlibrary.org/library/ted-kaczynski-the-truth-about-primitive-life-a-critique-of-anarchoprimitivism

>How do we decide when to stop?
We stop once things require fossil fuels.

he was, he liked african pygmies lmao imagine admiring midget africans omg what a brainlet

Please go back to whatever containment board you came from.

Attached: f4as.jpg (563x762, 44K)

Technology isn't inherently bad. Read Heidegger.

no you, retard, go live in africa if you like non-industrialized shitholes :)

Summarize his points so I can refute them.

Attached: 3vcf2vqa.jpg (647x1024, 32K)