"Speak-e! tell-ee me who-ee be, or dam-me, I kill-e!"

"Speak-e! tell-ee me who-ee be, or dam-me, I kill-e!"

What did Queequeg mean by this?

Attached: Moby-Dick_FE_title_page.jpg (840x1380, 90K)

He's saying he wants to fuck Ishmael.

"Speak. Identify yourself or I'll kill you dammit."

>I’m going to split your ass in half with my 17 inch Maori cock

Anyone else finish chapter 10 and exclaim
>the fuck is this gay shit?

in typee melville tells us that the island tribe he stayed with could not pronoumce words ending in comsonants and have to call him tommo (no, they arent japs) this is probably a similar issue

I just finished Typee and a lot of their words ended in an -ee sound. Wasn’t Queequeg supposed to be Maori?

Thank you

thank you.

No because ive read 19th century novels and the homosexual subtext is very much modern projecting. Melville used the specific matrimonial wording as analogy as people were not that degenerate back then.

Yeah but it was written in the mid 1800s, racially stereotyping all islanders in the same way was based

Queequeg is a Pacific Islander but his home island is fictional

the entire book is like that and this is why it's good, why else would you read Moby-Dick if not for the repress gay lust parts. The ultimate straightlet filter.

Attached: 1563582602627.gif (498x280, 1.88M)

So what does the whale really represent?

Attached: Orcas.webm (854x480, 2.92M)

I understand the “matrimonial wording”
That’s not the gay part

I’m only about 100 pages through but is it safe to say this book has the greatest aesthetic ever?
Foggy, icy, salty, foghorns sounding, lots of rope and whale bones. So comfy but also a little spooky

just found out there's a whaling strategy game of Moby Dick, fuck yea

Attached: nantucket.jpg (1024x768, 605K)

Love, life, sandwiches.

Queequeg's dialogue was so fucking bad

TBF, writing a Polynesian character in the 19th century was probably like writing a space alien today.

thanks

It's a meaningless self-imposed hatred born out of repression and ignorance, of which following only leads to despair and anguish.
Probably the Jews. I dunno, lol.

You’d think Melville could pull it off if anyone could with all the time he spent in Polynesia and with the Polynesians he spent time with on ships.