What's our final verdict on Taleb? Is he based?

What's our final verdict on Taleb? Is he based?

Attached: nassim-taleb-289x400.jpg (289x400, 24K)

He's kind of like Nietzsche for me. I love him and I hate him. So, yes, he's based.

Most of the time yes although personally I can't get behind his apology of religion. Might be a pro for you though.

All I know about him is he like to larp as a Phoenician and hates being an Arab.

Agree with many things he says, you can still recognize how he is a shitskin and fatfuck boomer who copes about reality too much (iq is racist! If you have visible abs you are cringe!)
Religion are heuristical safelines which worked for thousands of years.
Barely 50 years without religion and the west is collapsing.
Religions have useful advices for example stoning gays and adulterers, mandatory charity, fasting etc which are phisiologically healthy

Nice try, but you are not deceiving me today Satan!

Taleb is cool but his med supremacy and utter larping is big cringe. I like his black swan / barbell investment strategy, his theory of knowledge and probability, his railing against pedophrasty and his political localism (republicanism for the nation, autocracy locally etc...). Like any author he’s stupid in some ways and smart in others.

>iq is racist! If you have visible abs you are cringe!
Both true tbqhwy

One of the better Arab thinkers of the current year

He's very knowledgeable in his field and somewhat in history but beyond that he overestimates himself and comes off as condescending. His aphorisms are cringy.

He's double based.

>shitskin
Lebanese don't even cluster with Semites on PCA autosomal DNA plots.

Attached: 1518445282391.png (1024x997, 635K)

generic motivational speaker but boomerfied. nothing special or worth noting about him

t. Taleb

And, dare I say it? Yes I shall dare, Red Pilled

No, it's basic understanding of population genetics.

extremely based and actually redpilled

100% confident that the people bashing him don't actually read his books and just go off his europhile, snobby persona.

Taleb is the kooky uncle you've never had. His finance talk may have gone over my head, but his books taught me some valuable stuff about life in general. Him and Thomas Sowell made me consider suicide for getting a degree in public administration, so you know that's good stuff

Shame that he barely sources his claims in Black Swan and Antifragile, but you take what you can get

Attached: nassim-taleb-2.jpg (1280x960, 138K)

Black Swan is shit, don't waste your time.
Antifragile is okay. But don't expect much intellectual rigor, it's mostly midwit pop philosophy based on intuition and anecdotes.

Based, but Midwitcore

Mandatory charity is a recipe for dysgenics. Fasting is of not much use when done sparsely. Stoning gays is pointless. Next.

Phoenican. Please.

Attached: 2018.11.04taleb.jpg (890x469, 36K)

Based Satan, I agree 100% with the religion part, religion gave people set of values in the west.

look at this fat swan wtf

Do you even deadlift IYI imbecile?

>superchad.bmp
>why yes, i train only with machines to minimize all risk and uncertainty, how could you tell?

I like him because he BTFO'd J Peterson the dumbass.

He is at the center of the cringe-based redpilled-bluepilled axis.

Sometimes very cringe
Sometimes based.
Sometimes smart.
Sometimes retarded.
Sometimes clear.
Sometimes confusing
Sometimes redpilled.
Sometimes bluepilled.

He is essentially a low IQ person who comes up with some unheard of insights, or at least simplified that provoke a huh from most. Overall, better than a midwest but undebiable inferior to the big brains of the past discussed here.

He's alright for an Arab

Phoenican, gabish?

lol ur gay

>pedophrasty

such a good word/term.

I just learned it thru his twitter.

Self hater bigot

Do I need to read all his books or can I just start with Antifragile?

He’s okay but he’s no Steinar Johannesen.

Attached: 741586BB-1A71-4CEB-8840-FFB8A3135484.jpg (426x648, 65K)

no just read his twitter

>taleb is low IQ despite speaking more languages than me, making more money than me, being more well received and respected than me, and so on

ok cumbrain

>There are three types of large corporations: those about to go bankrupt, those that are bankrupt and hide it, those that are bankrupt and don’t know it.
Well that's a hot take.