It's officially autumn...

It's officially autumn. Post your favourite books that evoke a sense of the season or that are comfy reads on a chilly evening in.

Attached: akeed.jpg (800x746, 514K)

Something Wicked This Way Comes is autumn af

Attached: IMG_20150307_171429.jpg (3264x2448, 2.19M)

Moby Dick

Pan by Hamsun

Tess of the D'Urbervilles

Attached: 126474.jpg (331x501, 40K)

was going to rec this too

Wuthering heights

Today it was 90 degrees where I live.

bump

Those first couple days, when summer abruptly changes to autumn, and cool air rustles the leaves when you open the window, and you can smell a fire somewhere (or, at least, you think you can), I experience a brief and overwhelming nostalgia for a home and life that no longer exists. For just a moment, or sometimes a couple of minutes, I remember my parents (deceased) and my siblings (now living in different cities/countries), and how close we all were, once. Something about this season ushers in the memories of all the people that have constituted my life, and how many of them are gone now.

Sometimes, I think living in memory, even if for a moment, is exactly what I need, even if it’s heartbreaking. I’m a fairly happy person, but when autumn approaches, and I remember staying in a cabin with my family, drinking apple cider with my brother on creaky, dilapidated rocking chairs, I get so nostalgic that I actually flirt with the idea of suicide, out of some desperation to relive these exact experiences again in some afterlife.

For this, I think, the only lasting remedy is writing, if only to preserve it for myself and, hopefully, someone else one day.

Sons and Lovers

>Officially Autumn
Not in Kentucky. Shit it's another fucking 94 degree day for the 54th time in a row

Once a Runner is a pretty comfy read this time of year

Attached: 50D99F84-4A90-43D2-822F-77610BC873F0.jpg (1447x2048, 754K)

fpbp

This is the objectively perfect answer and the thread can now be retired

Attached: Something Wicked This Way Comes.jpg (327x499, 34K)

that's more like a winter read ain't it?

south hemisphere?

It's cool and rainy in morehead

The cold season is just ending in the southern hemisphere you mong

I would rec The Return of the Native
Love that opening scene of the villagers sitting around the bonfire on Guy Fawkes night, drinking cider and telling ghost stories

The name—of it—is "Autumn"—
The hue—of it—is Blood—
An Artery—upon the Hill—
A Vein—along the Road—

Great Globules—in the Alleys—
And Oh, the Shower of Stain—
When Winds—upset the Basin—
And spill the Scarlet Rain—

It sprinkles Bonnets—far below—
It gathers ruddy Pools—
Then—eddies like a Rose—away—
Upon Vermilion Wheels—

Thanks for sharing user, your sentiments resonate with mine (I know those feels).

Family and community are so important -- never take them for granted.