/rqg/ Retard Questions General - The Second Hamburger Helping

Thread dead overnight. Damn lit, when'd you lot get so quick?

OP's retard question(s) of the day: what are the supposed pitfalls of third person present tense? I keep reading things along the lines of
>harder to foreshadow
>easy to fuck up
>clunky
>especially outside of high tension moments
but I don't see where these retards are coming from. Are these people retarded (yes), or am I retarded (yes)? Either way, need some explainin' round these parts partner
remember to tip your fellow retards and thank all savants

Attached: retard antagonist numbero 25.jpg (634x628, 61K)

Is 'family' singular or pural?

>my family is retarded
>my family are retarded

"is" sounds like it implies immediate family.
"Are" sounds like your extended family, or even non related people whom you call family (like a company """""family"""""")
But I would steer clear of using plural for family because it doesn't sound right.

Where's the best place to pirate books? I tried libgen, but they don't have everything, or in the format I want. Guten has terrific books, but a lot of duplicates and outdated versions being shoved in my face before the newer ones.

how bout familys?

B-ok

How do you read an e-book without your eyes hurting after the first 30 minutes?

Print it out.

What's the "correct" way to write 1:03 in a casual sense? One o three? One oh three? One-o-three? Been looking for an answer on my own but I'm coming up short. This is for a book so I'd appreciate if you wrote it exactly as it should professionally be written in narration.

>one-zero-three

>three past one

thirteen-oh-three hundred hours.

this is how i originally wrote it but it sounded kinda ass backwards
what if i want the O to make the narration more casual? one-o-three? one-oh-three? one-O-three? i need to get the nitty gritty right without losing the loose feeling of the style
not on my watch

Are you reading on an e-reader? If not, that's how.

Families

I'm new to Yea Forums. I want to become educated in political and economic theory/philosophy enough to really know where I fall on the political spectrum. I am especially interested in reading Marx and Lenin and their potential critics. Should I just begin with Marx? Should I read Hegel? Should I read economic texts Marx is in dialogue with like Adams?

what would an e-reader do that blue light filters and brightness settings couldn't?

it's a completely different technology. it's not a screen in the same sense as a phone, tablet or computer screen is. it's practically the same as looking at paper. look into it

Pretend you're following an undergrad course. Find a course on edX or youtube, a genuine university level intro course, and follow it.

Don't blow through it, do it week by week (pretend) real time doing the assigned reading and some of the secondary lit (which you can always find online).

David Harvey's lectures on Capital I and Capital II, for instance, are all online and his books are affordable.

Do the Marx reading you know he's about to talk about in the next lecture or next chapter, take notes, read or watch the Harvey, take notes on that, then re-read the source material.

Then you can start looking up critiques of Harvey's interpretation, which is when the fun begins.

Thanks user. I never got the hype around them but now I have a reason to consider it. Can you load any ol illegally obtained pdf or epub on them or are you locked into some pay system?

yeah, you can pirate the shit out of everything. the amazon ones, kindle, are more restricted than kobo, those are basically the two main options. there are other more fringe manufacturers out there but I don't know anything about them. kindle doesn't support epub but there's a program called Calibre that everyone uses to convert them to a usable format. kindle also has ads and is generally more restrictive from what I know, but kobo readers are more expensive and less available, depending on where you are. there are even waterproof ones you can drop into a pool. I think amazon now makes waterproof ones as well, for a while only kobo did.

yeah, but plural