Anyone know of any books on how to survive being homeless? I will become a vagabond soon

Anyone know of any books on how to survive being homeless? I will become a vagabond soon

Attached: 1385754496657.jpg (1100x1100, 171K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=402580
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Eat bugs
Live in a barrel
Fight for cheese with other homeless

Attached: jackblack.jpg (520x824, 96K)

Don't be homeless.

Money

Unironically, my diary desu

Step 1. Apply to a university
Step 2. Apply for student loans
Step 3. Continue to go to university part time and taking out student loans until you die
t. academic leech with 8 PhDs

Keep one book and as little personal possessions as possible because your shit will get stolen if you carry around too much stuff. Use drugs and alcohol as little as possible. Stay warm; a good place for that is the library on stormy days. Also for the love of god get foodstamps! Any book will do, something with a good story or poetry so you can read a little bit at a time because you're gonna wanna move around alot because the cops love to bust homeless people. Churches are a good place to sleep outside of because most cops won't bother you. Find rescue missions too, each town usually has one you can find online, so town jumping isn't a bad option.

Stay the fuck away from other homeless people

Down and out in Paris and London
I imagine some kind of survival fieldbook

are you the user who was on /out/?

get a fixed blade knife, something you can hide. KABAR Short is good and the kydex handle is grippy. stay away from homeless people and drugs.

get a blanket, if you have money get a woobie and some kind of wool, like a surplus army blanket.

go to food banks. go to churches. they are there for you. shitty churches aren't always open, but that's usually what you'll find in suburbs or whatever. larger cities have nicer 24/7 churches. talk to the priest, he can help you and/or direct you to resources.

God bless you user.

*gets shot by the police 43 times when they glimpse the glint of knife*

OH SAY CAN YOU SEE! BY THE DAWN'S EARLY LIGHT! THE BLOODY CORPSE OF A HOMELESS BUM AY!

we don't know loicenses for them, user. and the kabar short is matte black. I suggested a smaller knife so it can be concealed. OP should not be drawing on police anyway, it's for protection from the rapists and violent headcases he's going to find on the street.

Can't emphasize to OP enough: go to church. It is literally their job to help you.

I feel like having a knife is asking for trouble. If you keep to yourself other homeless people won't bother you too much.

check your state law, concealed fixed knife is illegal in many states

Would this be a good knife to carry around user?:
kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=402580

Stop listening to these retards. Get a CC license and a GUN. If you are actually defending yourself in almost all states there is way less of a grey area if you shoot someone and have a CC license than if you stab them. Also unless you really know what you're doing a knife is NOT going to kill someone it is going to hurt them and make them angry enough to kill you. Lethal force should ONLY be used LETHALLY, don't fuck around with it if you are not prepared to kill someone in self-defense. You should never, ever, use lethal force in any way unless you are prepared to kill. Killing someone with a gun is much easier just point at center of mass pull trigger until they don't move.

Conceal it, dummy. It's not asking for trouble, it's an answer to trouble should trouble arise.

You're fine pretty much everywhere as long as it's under 3"

I'm not someone that trusts cops but as long as you keep cool in an interaction they'll generally leave you alone if you're visibly homeless. They just want to harass you and keep you from settling anywhere but they really don't want to search you if they don't have to.
Shooting a homeless guy: A lot of paperwork.
Bothering a homeless guy: Zero paperwork powertrip.

I have. In my state of Texas it is legal. You could carry a sword and it would be legal.

It's an emergency tool, user.

That's a fucking looooongass blade, user. It'd be difficult to carry. You couldn't sit with it on your hip. Maybe if you had a rig to keep it in your armpit. It's as long as pic related, which cost me $25. I'm happy with it, but it's shit soft stainless steel and really just for keeping in the truck.

I'd go for a kabar short, which afaik is probably around $55, and a great defense knife, or a straight up kitchen knife/steak knife. Maybe an Opinel No.08 if you want a folder and something you can use to cut food. Something cheap that if anyone knows you have they won't get any money for it after they take it from you.

This is not going to be a camp knife or a batoning meme knife, I imagine it would be strictly for an emergency should someone attack you. It only has to do one thing.

Attached: noif.jpg (2000x1333, 333K)

Oh kats on the street always know if your carrying something, regardless of concealment.

to put it in perspective: a 10" knife blade is roughly half the size of a Roman gladius.

you only need 3"-4" for defense.

>I have. In my state of Texas it is legal. You could carry a sword and it would be legal.
Just pray you don't have to go into a hospital because I live in Texas and know for a fact that is not legal to have a fixed blade over 5.5 inches in a hospital and they'll confiscate it.

if I'm being moved into a hospital I guarantee you I don't give a shit about some knife

If you say so. I had no problems.

t. homeless for two years in my early 20's.

OP if it starts raining too much you can always go to the county and say you have suicide ideation and they'll put you in a psyche ward. It sucks but you get a bed and don't have to deal with the rain.

>all that just to not have to work
Jesus Christ, you people. Go flip some burgers in bumfuck nowhere and you'll have enough to pay for a room, food and whatever else you really need.

Attached: 1569023603137.jpg (600x600, 59K)

Or just become actually suicidal because that's usually the only way out of homelessness

B3st option is to pretend to steal something from the store and get arrested.

Can't you buy a bucket on wheels and live there? Or better yet use it to move to Middle-o-Bumfuck, FO and flip burgers there.

I'm doing this but here you can only take loans and welfare for a maximum of 6 years.

Use your money to get somewhere with a good climate and not a ton of dangerous homeless like the Florida panhandle

Anti-Oedipus, and if you're going to be eating from trashcans, remember that food spoils faster in humid climates. Also keep some LSD, be open to new experiences, and don't trust anyone.