youtu.be/TDw6fcZYKHc
youtu.be/KbDNP9R23h4
youtu.be/lwj24E44Dak
youtube.com/watch?v=Bmg-WDSEzgA
youtu.be/ZEBGCOCxLgA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Roy Montgomery.

prokofiev

Holly shit i fucking love Anne Frank. This isn't even a meme, I've read her diary four times and I bought the definitive edition, the one that has all her photos and I carry it in my backpack every where i go

Neofolk artists like Death in June, Current 93, etc.

david lee roth

Jim Morrison got me into Blake and philosophy when I was 14. I don't think he was exceptional but he was a poet admittedly.

my n word Hector

Attached: Hector-Berlioz-1845.png (674x914, 418K)

>Within literature, what I’ve found to be resonating are works of Bukowski, Cioran, Celine, Houellebecq, Kafka, Lem, McCarthy, Vonnegut and so on.

Attached: artist-164-1542291323_thumb.jpg (700x500, 238K)

mgla?

How the fuck did he do it, his lyrics are so powerful I am not being ironic at all, he said he just pieced them together with fragments that just popped into his head. I don't know how to do it I have never written anything as evocative and piercing as those little fragments all over ITAOTS

I was about to give an example of what I mean but then I realised I could literally post any of the lines from Two Headed Boy pt 2 and it'd be sufficient. I don't understand poetry I don't understand how to put anything in words in a way that doesn't sound embarassing and sentimental.

A+ music

Fun fact : Oblomov is one of his favorite novels. Great dude.

Mark E Smith, Paul Simonon, Jeff Magnum, Rory Gallagher, Patti Smith, Bob Dylan, Stefan Burnett, PJ Harvey, Martin Shkreli

Pop/rock - Dylan
Classical - Monteverdi
Jazz - Duke Ellington

I have the cd in my car and listen to it every time I drive pretty much

Yes

Lisa Germano literally sales books for a living.

Will Toledo
youtu.be/TDw6fcZYKHc
youtu.be/KbDNP9R23h4
youtu.be/lwj24E44Dak

Attached: CYPcB4gUoAAbSdP (1).jpg (500x662, 63K)

joy division

youtube.com/watch?v=Bmg-WDSEzgA

I dig the minutemen but what do they intend to convey by claiming that Dylan wrote propaganda songs?

Elliott Smith

Attached: esmith.jpg (520x747, 132K)

>Jeff: Oh yeah, but I decided it's shit and put it aside. I go through this all the time, though. I'll have all this crap written and I think it's just shit so I'll discard it, and then I'll play a few things for friends and they'll say, "Oh, that's fine," and I'll say, "Oh, really? What about this? This one's really fucked up-- just tell me if it sucks..." And they'll say, "No, it's good!" And then I'm like, "God! I've got half a record done!" [laughs]
>At this point, Jeff goes into a long monologue describing some of the images and reciting some of the lyrics in the songs, which include a hermaphrodite girl and a boy whose consciousness shrinks to a small point and birds start being born out of his face. The lyrics are terrible and beautiful in the way so many of Jeff's lyrics are, but these are definitely a bit more story-like and disturbing than his usual fare. They have been edited out at Jeff's request.

He is as insecure as you are, you need to hear feedback from trustworthy people like he does from his friends

>033▶
>File: esmith.jpg (132 KB, 520x747)
correct answer

Kanye
/thread

Attached: 91zC1yftBVL.jpg (1500x2325, 586K)

MF DOOM

Aesop Rock
youtu.be/ZEBGCOCxLgA

Bach

Dude its the Anne Frank Guy!! XD

whoever your favourite musician is

Simon Finn
rap is not music

Leonard Cohen

Attached: 1561066600170.jpg (640x640, 56K)

this but unironically

>semen stains the mountaintops
GENIUS

this guy

Attached: 1549912051760.jpg (300x296, 10K)

he has the most Yea Forums aesthetic

Attached: tn3_arvo_part.jpg (812x1200, 109K)

>Roy Montgomery
How can you say that since his music does not have lyrics? Do you know him personally?

Pleb question right there.

>Ill At Home is a masterpiece. The guitars simulate drums? What do the lyrics talk about? How did you come up with this composition? Truly kakfian...
>Thank you. Yes, guitars do the percussion. The song is a hybrid of Kafka, Dostoevsky and Goncharov (the latter known only for a novel about someone who took a hundred pages or so to get out of bed:"Oblomov"). I suppose it tries to capture that feeling when the everything seems to be collapsing in upon you, no matter what you try and do to break out of it. I don't know why I did that one to be honest.

Could go on and on.

Emil Amos/Holy Sons; ignore the rest of this pleb shit

Attached: a4051405852_10.jpg (1200x1200, 436K)

what Berlioz do you recommend

Attached: nickdrake.jpg (304x304, 67K)

everything. but you can start with the Fantastic Symphony, Harold in Italy, and the Requiem.

Nick Cave is the only answer.
Anybody who says either Bob Dylan or Jim Morrison are plebeians with taste inherited from their parents.

thanks. I actually have a copy of Requiem but my record player has been out of commission for years

Shostakovich

Predictably edgy coming from a Nick Cave listener.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Joanna Newsom

>based
neutral milk hotel suck

New York is such a good record. Lyrics for days.

great composer, great picture

Predictably uppity coming from a Bob Dylan/Jim Morrison listener

Attached: Sin título.jpg (391x542, 29K)

Lisa Germano hates Yea Forums. I know her. But yes, she's real living literature.

>Lisa Germano hates Yea Forums. I know her.
Why wouldn't she, I assume she's a normal humain being and all...

cave so extreme man xD

crj

Based, although I never read the lyrics to tell you the truth

No one posted based van yet? Ight ill do it

Attached: 91XxgoAk6TL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 28K)

based

Elias is the few good parts of /fa/, Yea Forums, /hm/, and Yea Forums combined.

Attached: Elias_5_e8e1ce839bd011c68a329d921ab7814c.jpg (1300x1815, 1.44M)

Nick Cave. Tom Waits. Leonard Cohen.

This. I'm surprised no one else has mentioned Joy Division. Ian Curtis had Yea Forums as fuck taste (Kafka, Gogol, Dostoevsky, Burroughs, Ballard), and frequently referenced his favorite literature in songs.

I lost interest in Iceage after they became a Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds knockoff. Have they gotten better?

Worse. They peaked at 18-20 y/o in true punk fashion.

plowing was their best album though. i agree that beyondless is their worst but even it's not half bad.

Plowing Into the Field of Love isn't bad at all, but I felt it was such a massive downgrade from You're Nothing I stopped caring about Iceage. They were at their best when they mixed together post-punk with the raw aggression of hardcore punk, and Plowing Into the Field of Love really lacked that aggression.

Lulu is his best tho.

I agree, rap is literature.

holy based

guy sounds like a total fucking pleb frankly.