I want to understand how the world works

I want to understand how the world works.

The politics, the deep politics, the corporations, the unions, the technology, the crime, the factories, the logistics, the military conflicts, the cities, the architecture, the media, the economics, the farms, etc etc etc. And it doesn't matter if it's from a technical perspective, a critical perspective, a historical perspective, as long as it will help the world around me make sense.

Recommend me books.

Attached: cambie-corridor-banner.jpg (720x360, 239K)

Read whatever you want but if you haven't read the greeks you don't know anything.

read the dark enlightenment by nick land

Read Chomsky.

Mein Kampf and the Vedanta

Attached: 436351._UY432_SS432___01.jpg (284x432, 52K)

Nobody really understands how the world works.

The culture of critique

War is a racket. Smedley s butler

There is no simple reason why the world is what it is. It's a complex organism made up of different peoples and group pushing and pulling against each other.

>Recommend me books

That's how the world works. If you're not living your life, someone is going to live it for you. And it won't be to your benefit.

please stop trying to sound smart

my diary desu

Attached: 1538593685314.png (696x768, 359K)

Idiot. Shut the fuck up.
This is the most sensible single sentence response. But this user Makes a larger point that to answer OP's question you must be engaged deeply in the world. Books are great and may help answer OP's questions but there's a great deal learnt outside them. Not everything has had a memoir written about it. Not every role or type of company has had sufficient reporting done to demystify what they do.

the power broker: robert moses and the fall of new york - microview on how power works
the absent superpower - what's gonna shape the world for a good while
spengler
interesting fucking twitter accounts, go dig them up

Attached: 1427389888213.gif (614x743, 1.75M)

Name some interesting twitter accounts

Why is a Robert Moses shill so hard on here? Can someone Redpill me on this man?

he knows his shit. It's amazing to see how political machines work if you're a certain kind of person and it's a well researched book.

Frankly just try to have an intelectually varied diet and seek out other people who also strive to do so. I'm not gonna name anyone I follow or I'd be accused of shilling.

*intellectually varied fuck

stop trying to sound smart, you're not

More books

Just name them faggot. Who cares what people call you on Yea Forums?

Seconded. Post them faggot

>There is no simple reason why the world is what it is
There is, actually. Jews run all major institutions in the west and use them to promote things that are good for their group interests, which are diametrically opposed to those of white people. Thus white people's money is given to non-whites, whites are actively excluded from institutions, and white countries are being invaded.

It's only complex if you get duped into thinking in abstract terms where spooks like "capitalism" get blamed and political theory matters more than tribal interests.

Robert moses is the guy the biography is about. Its just an interesting book

Foucault--Discipline & Punish
Foucault--Madness & Civilization
Foucault--Lectures
Chomsky--Manufacturing Consent
Ellul--Propaganda
Ellul--The Technological Society
Baudrillard--Simulacra & Simulation
Smith--The Wealth of Nations
Marx--The Grundrisse
Schmitt--The Concept of the Political
Spengler--Decline of the West

There. This list has lefties and righties, though I included more lefties because that's what I'm familiar with. All of these authors give a good overview of how society is structured. Foucault especially: his entire project is devoted to understanding how the social body has been shaped into the neo-liberal regime we see today. I would start with Foucault, though his lectures are harder than his books. Read Smith before you read Marx, because Smith is MUCH easier, and because he'll give you an overview of how political economy works--you need an understanding of political economy before you can read a critique on it. I've only skimmed Schmitt and Spengler, but from what I can tell, Schmitt gives a good overview on how politics works, and Spengler gives a good sense of culture. Ellul and Chomsky are included without saying. Baudrillard should be read last, imo, he gets into some pretty wonky shit. If you're up for it, read "Fatal Strategies" after reading S&S.

I’m a pleb but why is Chomsky and Ellul valuable? I’m not OP, but this looks like a great list and I think I’m going to head over to the library and check out these books

>>There is no simple reason why the world is what it is
>There is, actually. Capitalists run all major institutions in the west and use them to promote things that are good for their group interests, which are diametrically opposed to those of the proletariat. Thus prole's money is given to capitalists, proles are actively excluded from institutions, and poor countries are being invaded.

>It's only complex if you get duped into thinking in abstract terms where spooks like "idpol" get blamed and tribe matters more than mainstream economic theory.

Bro, this is sad af. Get with the times.

This post is so devoid of meaning it hasn't passed the turing test.

You have been brainwashed by a now extremely irrelevant jewish ideology to view the world in terms of abstractions and think unidentifiable groups anyone can theoretically belong to like "capitalist" and the "proletariat" are who's battling it out when anyone with an internet connection can find out quite easily that jews are running every major western institution. Not only that, since jews are now fully in control of the global capitalist system they no longer push this framing, which means you have to be a Boomer or circa retarded to still buy into it.

They're useful for understanding how the propaganda apparatus in today's society functions.

Also I would say don't check out all of these books at once, each one of them is pretty difficult for most readers (including myself). I'd say try to spend about two weeks on each one, though Ellul and Chomsky you should be able to go through much quicker.

All Jews are capitalist, but not all capitalists are Jews. Jews run the world economy, to be sure, but there are also white guys who do so to. Jews tend to run the media warfare on the people, and keep them indoctrinated. Capitalists run the class warfare on the people, by extracting value from the workers. You have one half of the picture, but not the complete one. And if you think the term "capitalist" is an abstraction, you're a fucking moron. Capitalists are the ones who don't do labor, they tell petit-bourgeois to manage labor (a form of labor in of itself), who tell the proles to labor. It's not an "abstraction," it's rooted in actual material conditions. Nigger.

"Capitalist" is not a type of person. That white goyim are incentivized to promote a system that benefits jews is no different than white goyim being incentivized to promote a jewish religion for centuries. The parasite embeds itself and controls the host. It's about people, not abstract systems, whose functions and behavior reflect and benefit the people running them anyway, in this case: jews.

>the world works

Attached: 415724BC-82EA-4D4C-8BA7-362AAECDA96E.png (329x329, 97K)

You're a retard. If you think action v. inaction is "abstract," you're just plain stupid. Read a book, nigger.

the only people who really understand what's going on are those who are profiting from the schemes they've set up, that to us on the outside appear as simply bizarre and complicated phenomena we don't understand. That being said, these people may know more, but nobody is really in control in any real way.

Great list, user. Adding:
Braudel-- A history of the Mediterranean
De Landa--A thousand years of non-linear history
Taleb--Anti-fragile
Tegmark--Mathematical world
Sagan--Into the cool

Taleb shilling is because it's important to have a discussion in the ontological-mathematics of the world.

>the crime
The Great Crime Decline by Franklin Zimring
>the economics
>the unions
Marx's Capital
Economics Textbooks by Mankiw
>the corporations
The Modern Corporation and Private Property by Adolf Berle
>the media
Dominick, J.R. The Dynamics of Mass Communication: Media in the Digital Age

Obviously none of these are foundational geometric texts, but they'll provide the content that fills in the structures user listed.

Check up on cybernetics, how the world is an interconnected system, that something something dogs shit according to the earth's magnetic field.

If you want to short circuit the long reading and accelerate your understanding of the world then just start with marx and then everything else will fall naturally

Whites have never had enough interests in common for any group to subvert. Hence, why this:

>"Goyim" is not a type of person. That bourgeoisie are incentivized to promote a system that benefits capitalists is no different than bourgeoisie being incentivized to promote a capitalist system for centuries. The parasite embeds itself and controls the host. It's about people, not abstract systems, whose functions and behavior reflect and benefit the people running them anyway, in this case: capitalists.

makes more sense than the original. And I'm not even arguing for it. Marxist rhetoric from the past no longer reflects materialist conditions today. That's true. Uber drivers own their own cars, owning the most capital in a driving service, but as a group still have little actual say in how Uber runs. As an example.

But I don't have to argue for it. White supremacist goobedly gook is an incomprehensible mishmash, taking ideas from some the very ideas they try to criticize, that merely replacing words to look more like the criticized content results in more accurate statements.

>just start with marx and then everything else will fall naturally

Attached: 1569116434180.jpg (640x591, 96K)

Focus on people who understand history, whoever you choose to consume. Many writers claim expertise on certain subjects without such knowledge. On that, Thomas Sowell does a decent job of starting from zero in his books.

Books to get into cybernetics? i’m a physics major

Bump

You've asked for the world, here, mate. But let me give you some starting points. These are ongoing threads that seem to find their way into all aspects of humanity over long periods of time. Our conception of them changes, sure, but they (as topics) seems to be discrete categories of existence.
1. Biology and evolution. (For some broad, handy books to read: The Selfish Gene, On the Origin of Species). And honestly, reading *about* them is probably almost as valuable.
2. Economics and finance: how markets and economies evolve and basically provide the goo in which societies exist. Wealth of Nations, Sapiens, etc.
3. Governance and politics: closely tied to economics through imperialism and trade, but handled in a much more personal and direct manner throughout history. I'm poorly read in this field, but have an intrinsic interest so have a solid Wikipedia-tier understanding of western politics since 1900. Some broad histories of the two world wars are very useful (and don't ignore the work of David Irving. His "Hitler's War" is really good and readable). Overviews of Roman, British, and Russian history are extremely interesting and, in many instances, set the tone for their respective eras and regions.
4. Literature. There is where you read how individuals perceive and characterize the world. It's usually myopic, selfish, dramatic, and naïve. But you read a wide variety of these, you'll start to understand what makes people tick. What would you call the genre of the unreliable, sad, loner protagonist? The Nauseas, the Catcher in the Ryes, the The Strangers, the Hungers...basically what we call doomer lit? Those are good.

Paul Cockshott

>The politics, the deep politics, the corporations, the unions, the technology, the crime, the factories, the logistics, the military conflicts, the cities, the architecture, the media, the economics, the farms, etc etc etc

The Controversy of Zion

Bump

Very good list, but I would also add some Nietzsche, Heidegger, and Lasch to the list, and maybe Saussure's Course in General Linguistics to make it easier to understand Post-Structuralist lingo.

just watch the first zeitgeist

What specific works should we read from these authors

Unironically you're better off studying philosophy and then working upwards, figuring it out yourself. If you just read some books you will be reading a long chain of established nonsense, or at least only one angle or doctrine. First get a good grip on your mind so some ideas repeated a lot don't easily mentally enslave you.

Just read the summary of pages on Wikipedia. If you want to know more about something mentioned, read that pages summary too. Basically do this until you feel you have a decent grasp of mainstream history and current affairs.

Yes I know, (((Wikipedia)))...

>Yes I know, (((Wikipedia)))...

Read actual textbooks. Also Moldbug.

you kinda seem a lil cringe. maybe try fucking a pretty lady?

>maybe try fucking a pretty lady?
and when she wants material goods we're back at the original question.

Read: Henry Ford "My Life and Work" from 1920/1930, that'll explain the labor market and how production, employment and education operates optimally.

Actually one of the best books on the modern world, desu. And from the guy who literally gave America the Motorcar.

if America took itself seriously he'd be,
Saint Henry Ford 'Equal to the Founding Fathers',
up there with Ben Franklin and Madison.

ooooohhhh.

stop saying

>original
please.

lol
also you should try to fuck bro its real good.

>Check up on cybernetics, how the world is an interconnected system, that something something dogs shit according to the earth's magnetic field.

>Books to get into cybernetics? i’m a physics major

do you mean cybernetics in the 1900's sense of organizing human labor into strict dole-paid regiments.. or cybernetics in the 2000's sense of sleek sexrobots

lol
>also you should try to fuck bro its real good.
okay Haitian man, I see it works out well for you.

Kapital I

also
Read: D.J Trumps "Art of the Deal", that'll explain how the commercial and residential property markets and the construction firms operate.

Not quite on the same level of Ford, but a decent primer on the subject of how to do business these days.

You're thinking Systems Theory and Information Theory. Cybernetics is a somewhat limited subdomain and most people will think of actual control systems when you talk about it - i.e. electonic and industrial shit.

But yeah Systems Theory is one of the most interesting subjects to study and it's academic potential gas barely been tapped. Surprising it had remained so low-key, especially given how radical some of its implications are

Attached: Young Ford.png (327x205, 47K)

Books for Systems Theory user? And Information Theory too?

Principles of Systems Science and Elements of Information Theory. Both can be found on SciHub. Be ready for math with the latter though.

>I want to understand how the world works.
Then you have come to the wrong place, OP

What’s the right place
>inb4 go outside

Drawing for Architecture by Léon Krier is a good into book. I find myself flipping through it and looking at the pictures quite often. Krier was making architechture memes decades ago

Cringe

cumbrain

lmao this nigga wants to know literally everything

how can you say that with a supposed authority whilst at the same time admitting you don't even understand the systems you're commenting on in the first place?

focus on a specific area at a time and make an effort to find some good resources on the subject. If you can't do that on your own, you should study some historical methodology before starting anything else.

the world will never make sense, the sooner you accept this, the sooner you can start more focussed studying.