Post your book ideas. Its not like they're going anywhere!

Post your book ideas. Its not like they're going anywhere!

Attached: 1560676701271.jpg (2048x1357, 1.18M)

While I won't post my book idea (because it inevitably is going somewhere, even if it's just the dumpster after I pass) I will hijack this thread to ask you lot why present tense is so frowned upon in genre world? Are there any good reasons for this animosity, or is it just because past tense dominates and retards can't adapt? I'm writing in third person omni btw.

Rustic setting someplace in the old ages.
Introverted somewhat bullied ten year old boy plays in the woods by himself. Eleven year old girl joins him. They bring out real charm and chemistry in each other. Part ways.
Girl is kidnapped but rescued, remains in her parents house where she spends time with her grandparents and books for some years. Eventually sent away to an arranged marriage. The boy is crushed and continually disillusioned by the world. Joins a band of monks holed up in an ancient temple, reading and transcribing their cult’s doctrine. They’re forcefully evicted by the king of the land. They flee into the mountain caves.
The young bride hates her new husband. In a moment of nostalgia recalls the afternoon with the young boy. He had all the qualities she liked. She escapes and goes looking for him. All the way to the caves.

What happense
Book book book book. Book book. Book >:). And then book :(.

Book book.

I thought of it just this afternoon.
I give this tale freely to the writers of lit.
Doesn’t she get him back in the end?

What would you do if someone took every word of your idea and wrote a novel out of it, 14 months later you see the book on the NYT best-sellers list. How would you respond?

i would kill myself

I was hoping you would respond with a detailed list of things you'd do, and I would respond with "And that would make a good book idea". I didn't expect that, you're loved, friend.

Defence of Platonist modalities of martyr-like teleology. Anti-academic. Anti- almost everything.

Basically a mix of Gass’ The Tunnel, Cervantes La Galatea, and PKD, set on an exoplanet called Counter Earth with strong Slavonic aesthetics.

Make it a video game

Well here it goes.

The book is two parallel stories of two lads, one in Eastern Europe, the other living in Tokyo.

The EE lad is a young ambitions, idealistic and overall healthy young fellow. Dreaming big, looking to the future, but without much action, pretty much wasting his youth in his Eastern European shithole with no future.

The other lad in Tokyo is a waiter, living a pointless life in his shitty small apartment, abusing drugs and an overall unhealthy lifestyle. No hopes no dreams.

At the end of the book it is revealed they are the same person, EE is the past and Tokyo is the present.

The book would basically be about change and how people can and do change (degrade in this case). Feel like it is a good premise, but that's all it is because i couldn't even write a news article.

Would only be good if one narrative was in Hungarian and the other narrative in Japanese.

Old ages?
What the fuck is that?

what a pleb

A mentally ill camgirl tricks her neighbor into emotionally supporting her by baiting insane incels into attacking her.

awful

An epic covering the Cassini family in their century-long multi-generational quest to fully survey and map the entirety of France, ending with Jean-Dominique Cassini's imprisonment during the French revolution.
It would covering the entirety of the 18th century during the transformative times under the Sun-king, encompassing the heights of the Ancien Regime's decrepitude before the revolution, providing a window into the lives of the French peasantry, and an interior look into the Enlightenment, and all the philosophy and scientific advancements occurring at the time.
It would have the multi-generational tragedy of 100 Years of Solitude, as well as the Enlightenment politics of Mason & Dixon.
Too bad I am nowhere near talented enough to pull it off and make it both thoroughly researched and engaging as I want it to be.

Attached: Cassini.jpg (2354x1524, 2.42M)

May I hijack the thread for a writing related question? There was a site for a style check which also listed the number of unique words, readability and the likes >pic related. I fucking love mostly useless data like that but I don't recall the site's name anymore.

Also are there more detailed ones? So far I only found Hemingway Editor and ProWritingAid on Gdocs, but the former isn't great at presenting data while the latter shits itself when checking documents over 20k words.

I never got why anyone would care. Any fuckhead and their dog can come up with an idea for a book. If someone would write anything based on mine, I'd be glad there is one more book I might care about.

It just reads weird and feels unnatural. Just like second person or something.

Attached: Screenshot 2018-11-19 at 20.14.59.png (286x377, 44K)

About a man who dies but doesn't notice so he keeps on living until an angel or whatever comes and tells him a couple of weeks later.
Sounds like I ripped it off from somewhere though

I'd like to know this as well.

Smile.

It could be a fantasy setting, but there’s no reason for it. It’s a world with arranged marriages of teenagers and kings trying to drive off cultists from ancient temple sites.

A young man who moves back to his home town of Birmingham England after a tour of space Nam. Sets about cleaning up the streets and removing the foreign invader with his Space Ranger training. Returning industry and prosperity to the country.

Isn't that a Ken Follet book?

Get to it, boy.

Never read him
Pretty simple story. Just refocus it and it should be good

Is this photo taken from the Goonies house?