You will never be a mythical hero

>you will never be a mythical hero
>you will never follow some heroic journey
>you will never be taken in by a wise old man, fight fantastical monsters, or acquire the love of a beautiful princess
>no one will record your deeds into poetry for your nation's descendants to recall for inspiration

Even 50 years ago I could at least sign up to become a mercenary in Africa. For hundreds of years before you could sign up to go and settle one of many European colony. Before that there was even greater availability for adventure when even most of Europe was wild. Back in the fucking bronze age there were even still lions across Europe and the Near East.

What is the point of these meaningless lives now that the dream of adventure for young men is dead? The closest we can come to actual adventure is either serving Israel in the military or larping with a bunch of guides on mountain treks thousands have already taken the glory in. Older guys talk about there college days as being the most exciting of their lives. As a college guy myself I see this as being incredibly pathetic and depressing. There is no great glory in drinking with your friends or trying to smash whores. This is the comfy womb what heroes tried to get away from. They might come back to being kings and do this but they wanted greater things. I want greater things. After this I'm just supposed to waste away my life being a work cuck? And these wasted nights on weekends are the best I can expect?

How am I just supposed to accept that there is no possibility for genuine adventure unless society collapses (which I hope it does)?

Attached: theseus-defeats-the-minotaur.jpg (1200x798, 875K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qi7rq70fD5I
ultra-com.org/project/why-riot/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

make it collapse. that is the only adventure now

youtube.com/watch?v=Qi7rq70fD5I

>you will never...
Well not you anyway. Not with that kind of attitude
Almost daily I point to you all the beast that needs slaying and you tell me to kill myself
>wise old woman? Yer a tranny
To blazes with you

>destroy the world to become a hero
Insidious monsters is what you are

Even if you lived in a time or place where this was possible, you wouldn’t have the courage to do it.

Read the greeks again. clearly you haven't grasped them.

Even if thats the case (which I don't believe it is), its the fact that there is no challenge like that to build of courage and overcome fear for that is the real death blow.

Slay the industrial beast

There are a great many languages in the Amazon right now which are on the cusp of dying, and will within a generation if not for the heroic effort of an archivist. Within these languages, an entire way of being-in-the-world exists, as does all manner of esoteric knowledge and even forms of thought which only developed over centuries of anonymous philosophy.

That's why writing genre fiction is so much more fun than reading it.

This is a foolish notion. From the beginning of time all wise men have known that the greatest challenge of the human spirit is to conquer oneself. That challenge is greater than ever now, because so much of our lives is filled with distraction.

Genuinely how do you start writing? I try doing it but I end up losing steam.

This

Only the spiritual journey and preparing for the fight that is to come. Imagine that you are a scout for the greatest battle that is to ever take place.
It is not heroic, yet it is vital. And who knows what will happen on such a path.

>I will never be an incel with inane fantasies because his life is worthless due to not achieving anything because he has mental problems and a low IQ
and that's a good thing, yikes!

Whats the context of the documentary? I actually found the first 10 minutes fascinating.

Read Bronze Age Mindset by Bronze Age Pervert. It explains specifically how what you are talking about is still physically possible today. Also, lend me a contact, I like your mentality

What’s stopping you from moving to Africa and hunting wild lions, or slaying savage gangsters in the inner city, or participating in a hyperlethal riot in the second world?

Who are you quoting, dear friend?

I write poetry so sometimes I cold open and take it one stanza at a time; others, I go to a favorite novel, paste a passage, then re-write to fit my idea.

You just read Bronze Age Mindset... Right?

You would never be a mythical hero, you would be the peasant that starves to death after a siege.
Your heroic journey would be that of Ulysses, Leopold Bloom
You would never make it into your 40s, let alone be "old and wise" and acquiring the love of a beautiful princess. You'd die of disease in your first few days of life, or if not that, then in some stupid accident like getting bit by a wild animal, only to survive and die of the subsequent infection.
Millions of people died before, they did not went in any other heroic journey other than growing some food, fucking a little and dying.
You could go in Africa right now and fight wars that are going at this very moment. You won't do that.
If not fighting for the jews, then fighting for some king. What's the difference? You still had nothing to do with the war and would rather not be there at all. You would die in the first moments of the battle. If not that, then by the subsequent infection of the cut or wound.

You are not a hero. You will never be a hero. Not even in millions of past lives you were a hero.
You are a faggot. That you can claim with precision.

>savage gangsters in the inner city

This user is onto it. The faggot OP can just learn Spanish and go live a life of adventure in Mexico until a) he returns home to become king or b) someone dismembers him and spreads the parts across a block.

And his noble contribution to the world of drug trafficking will only hasten the collapse of society.

We're living in an age where our very actions are deconstructing 2000 years of Christian dogma. The West is no longer the West, but a simulacrum incentivized by pop media and the fall out of imperialism's apex of globalization. The East has already fallen, bastardized by a century of industrialization and an indentured status as our resource whores.

You say you want to be a hero, but you know not the age you live in. At this moment, we are revolting against all things ancient. There is a fire in your soul just for existing in this time. Across the horizon is a chariot of death charging right into all of us. Isn't it glorious? Breathe it in.

Attached: glitch_slide_original.jpg (625x390, 213K)

no brooo dont post that! that's cringe!

don't care virgin

I feel the same way. It's one of the few reasons why I play video games which is a ironic considering that I'm using one of the things (technology) that distracts me from nature.

I love how this burn of the century is just going to get conveniently ignored

Aren't you ignoring one of the easiest and most productive ways to achieve herohood? you aren't going to be mystical, or achieve public admiration.

r/ing that quote from the Two Towers, about Sam and Frodo talking about heroism and adventure, and how different reality is.

What you think is an adventure and heroism as in the old tales is not what you think it is when you are in one. The Odyssey is about hardship and finding yourself after many wanderings. Odysseus returns home a wiser man, he never enjoyed the adventure itself but having a goal. Hence "nostos", longing for his homeland. The goal in itself is never glory or adventure by themselves, but remaining steadfast when doing your duty. Heroism is needed for the hard times, for the times when hope is scarce, and when people feel lost. It is never borne out of fancies or whims of a man.

Attached: Departure_of_Ulysses_from_the_Land_of_the_Pheacians.jpg (1035x770, 356K)

practice everyday. if you don't put it down on paper you aren't a writer you are a day dreamer.

‘I don’t like anything here at all,’ said Frodo, ‘step or stone, breath or bone. Earth, air and water all seem accursed. But so our path is laid.’

‘Yes, that’s so,’ said Sam. ‘And we shouldn’t be here at all, if we’d known more about it before we started. But I suppose it’s often that way. The brave things in the old tales and songs, Mr. Frodo: adventures, as I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull, a kind of a sport, as you might say. But that’s not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have been just landed in them, usually – their paths were laid that way, as you put it. But I expect they had lots of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn’t. And if they had, we shouldn’t know, because they’d have been forgotten. We hear about those as just went on – and not all to a good end, mind you; at least not to what folk inside a story and not outside it call a good end. You know, coming home, and finding things all right, though not quite the same – like old Mr. Bilbo. But those aren’t always the best tales to hear, though they may be the best tales to get landed in! I wonder what sort of a tale we’ve fallen into?’

‘I wonder,’ said Frodo. ‘But I don’t know. And that’s the way of a real tale. Take any one that you’re fond of. You may know, or guess, what kind of a tale it is, happy-ending or sad-ending, but the people in it don’t know. And you don’t want them to.’

‘No, sir, of course not. Beren now, he never thought he was going to get that Silmaril from the Iron Crown in Thangorodrim, and yet he did, and that was a worse place and a blacker danger than ours. But that’s a long tale, of course, and goes on past the happiness and into grief and beyond it – and the Silmaril went on and came to Eärendil. And why, sir, I never thought of that before! We’ve got – you’ve got some of the light of it in that star-glass that the Lady gave you! Why, to think of it, we’re in the same tale still! It’s going on. Don’t the great tales never end?’

Attached: Tolkien_1916.jpg (327x473, 76K)

‘No, they never end as tales,’ said Frodo. ‘But the people in them come, and go when their part’s ended. Our part will end later – or sooner.’

‘And then we can have some rest and some sleep,’ said Sam. He laughed grimly. ‘And I mean just that, Mr. Frodo. I mean plain ordinary rest, and sleep, and waking up to a morning’s work in the garden. I’m afraid that’s all I’m hoping for all the time. All the big important plans are not for my sort. Still, I wonder if we shall ever be put into songs or tales. We’re in one, of course; but I mean: put into words, you know, told by the fireside, or read out of a great big book with red and black letters, years and years afterwards. And people will say: “Let’s hear about Frodo and the Ring!” And they’ll say: “Yes, that’s one of my favourite stories. Frodo was very brave, wasn’t he, dad?” “Yes, my boy, the famousest of the hobbits, and that’s saying a lot.”’

‘It’s saying a lot too much,’ said Frodo, and he laughed, a long clear laugh from his heart. Such a sound had not been heard in those places since Sauron came to Middle-earth. To Sam suddenly it seemed as if all the stones were listening and the tall rocks leaning over them. But Frodo did not heed them; he laughed again. ‘Why, Sam,’ he said, ‘to hear you somehow makes me as merry as if the story was already written. But you’ve left out one of the chief characters: Samwise the stouthearted. “I want to hear more about Sam, dad. Why didn’t they put in more of his talk, dad? That’s what I like, it makes me laugh. And Frodo wouldn’t have got far without Sam, would he, dad?”’

‘Now, Mr. Frodo,’ said Sam, ‘you shouldn’t make fun. I was serious.’

‘So was I,’ said Frodo, ‘and so I am. We’re going on a bit too fast. You and I, Sam, are still stuck in the worst places of the story, and it is all too likely that some will say at this point: “Shut the book now, dad; we don’t want to read any more.”’

‘Maybe,’ said Sam, ‘but I wouldn’t be one to say that.

-The Stairs of Cirith Ungol

People still do outrageous things like sailing around the world, cycling around the world, hitchhiking around the old world. You could trek across new guinea, or explore isolated pacific islands, or just go live in a monastery for years.
Complaining about modern life makes you a pathetic nigger. Lamenting that no one will ever make a record of how amazing you were is just pure faggotry. Have sex.

cycling the world man that's siiiiiick bro

It definitely is cooler than you making fun of it on a Mongolian basket weaving forum.

It's not about impressing other people. It's about setting goals for yourself that you feel there is only a glimmer of a chance that you can do it, then doing it. Not a single other person needs to know. The desire to impress other people is a cancer in the soul.

But this is absolute nonsense. You cite the Odyssey, but are seemingly unaware of numerous other epics where glory itself is the desirable thing, like, say, the Iliad, the Song of Roland, etc.
People did not die at 40 years old in pre-modern times, please stop reading Game of Thrones

The point is that these things you have to sit down and plan. You need to make arrangements with corporations to get to your destination, to get your equipment. There's no spontaneity, no sense of the world sweeping you up. These 'experiences' are inauthentic, already having been experienced by millions of other people before you. They will never be your actual life.

I'm sorry, something becomes inauthentic if experienced by other people already? What about religious experiences? What about the hero with a thousand faces? Stop making excuses for yourself to not at least TRY to grab life by the balls. Stop convincing yourself that modernity has conspired to destroy your chance of living an authentic life. You're only cucking yourself.

You can always go to Syria and fight against American imperialism.

>war is a fun adventure that'll give you a reason to live for
haha yes

You must be 18 to post here

cringe

2 options:

>Buy wild land somewhere isolated and go there with a rifle,some ammo, as many books as you can carry and a handful of tools. Live off of the earth and build a house with your own hands. Read and write in your spare time.

>Buy a houseboat and travel the world. To get food, you hunt. Bring some books and read and write in your spare time.

You literally live in an age where mankind is undergoing its most radical transormation ever. In the next 100 years human society will be forever altered due to technology and the individual will be completely dead, only the consumer in the social machine will remain.
The battle for your freedom is happening right NOW, but youre too dumb to realize, or too much of a coward to act.

>burn of the century
>eight lines and no punchline

>Complaining about modern life makes you a pathetic nigger
That's retarded

You remind me of something I pondered on this morning. Children often start out on a lower level with lower responsibilities and activities. But these days, with the deterioration of social order, there's nothing to aspire to, you start out with a set of responsibilities and passtimes you never truly grow out of, vidya and jewtube, school and chores. You are offered an escape however, a false hope from the abject repetition, that when you graduate you'll get a job, a house, a wife etc. essentially new responsibilities and new toys. But this never happens, and thus you are thrown against reality, the sad coming to terms that the caterpillar (you) will not metamorphose into a butterfly. Even when it does, it's still horseshit, work is basically school without teachers.

this generation if fucked

Who am I?

I am a member of the poorest generation since those who came of age during the Great Depression. Born to the “end of history,” we watched the ecstatic growth of the Clinton years morph seamlessly into the New Normal of Bush and Obama.

We have no hope of doing better than our parents did, by almost any measure. We have inherited an economy in secular stagnation, a ruined environment on the verge of collapse, a political system created by and for the wealthy, skyrocketing inequality, and an emotionally devastating, hyper-atomized culture of pyrrhic consumption.

The most recent economic collapse has hit us the hardest. According to a study by the Pew Research Center, the median net worth of people under 35 fell 55 percent between 2005 and 2009, while those over 65 lost only a fraction as much, around 6 percent[iv]. The result is that if you calculate debt alongside income, wealth inequality is today increasingly generational. Those over 65 hold a median net worth of $170,494, an increase from 1984 of 42 percent. Meanwhile, the median net worth of those under 35 has fallen 68 percent over the same period, leaving young people today with a median worth of only $3,662[v].

Despite cultural narratives of laziness and entitlement, this differential is not due to lack of effort or education (my generation is the most educated, as well, and works some of the longest hours for the least pay). The same Pew Study notes that older white Americans have simply been the beneficiaries of good timing. They were raised in an era of cheap housing and education, massive state welfare and unprecedented economic ascent following the creative destruction of two world wars and a depression—wars and crises that they themselves didn’t have to live through.

And the jobs that older Americans hold are not being passed down to us, though their debt is. When they retire, the few remaining secure, living wage and often unionized positions will be eliminated, their components dispersed into three or four different unskilled functions performed by part-time service workers. The entirety of the job growth that has come since the “recovery” began has been in low-wage, temporary or highly precarious jobs, which exist alongside a permanently heightened unemployment rate.

ultra-com.org/project/why-riot/

In the long term, this means that, after having been roundly robbed in almost every respect by our parents’ generation, our own future holds nothing more than the hope that we might be employed in two or three separate part-time, no-promotion positions in the few growth sectors, such as healthcare, where we can have the privilege of being paid minimum wage to wipe the asses of the generation that robbed us.

It is no coincidence, then, that every time we hear a fucking baby boomer explain how we’re so entitled, and how they worked summers to pay for college, we contemplate whether or not disemboweling them and selling their organs on the booming black market might be the only way to pay back our student loans.

If Warren or Sanders weren't so anti-white I would vote for them. Trump came off as revolutionary in 2016 but he's clearly not, he's all for keeping the economic order as it is proven evidently through his interest rate policies. No way I'll ever be able to save up for a house once we have negative interest rates.

Still he's the only candidate that I don't think actively wants to genocide whites, so I guess I don't have a choice.

oh poor poor whitey... just like that polar bear looking for a spot to rest... im fucking crying over here user i came to this place for fun why are you upsetting me? now i wont be able to jack off tonight becouse of you, Goddamn you you know how i love white folks! the lonely endangered white.. looking for a horizon to rest but all the glaciers are melting,,,, noooo dont die white guy...

basically. In a multiracial society democratic politics become race politics.

true, but desu if not race then religion, or different political parties, or different cultures. there's no way to ever end conflict in human politics

you do realize that the title of the article i quoted from is "Why Riot?" not "Why vote for Warren or Sanders?" right?

no one’s preventing you from having sex, incel

women are. they don't like 5 inch dicked ugly looking dudes who don't know how to socialize.

The country was nowhere near this divided when there was a clear white majority throughout the 20th century.

Europe was white majority for the entirity of its existence, and it was probably the most violent place in human history, maybe only losing to Asia (which was also Asian majority). But yeah, you can't deny America was better without immigration and non whites, but i don't know why faggots keep pretending that having white people in your country always means no conflicts or no death. The continent was responsible for the atom bomb and pretty much all of the relevant wars in human history

In europe all have distinct cultures and ethnic histories, and have lived on land their ancestors have lived on for thousands of years, and also theres not as much physical space that separates them or social mobility so you'll most likely be stuck with others of your ethnicity and class for life.

There was some ghettoization in the cities that lasted but really most european immigrants in America were Americanized, particularly after the 1925 immigration act that cut off the tap for immigration for a while, so there werent reinforcements of old european culture coming over, just people becoming more Americanized. On top of that most Europeans generally look pretty similar, so unlike with blacks you couldn't really exclude people for being foreign if they lost their accent.

As a result of the physical space and undeveloped land of the 20th century its not like they got in people's way too often, and social mobility meant you would likely mix and mingle with all sorts of people.

Also there were some clashes between catholics and protestants but they're honestly not that different, unlike with Islam, so that was pretty much over by JFK.

Anyway white hispanics actually are mixing into white America, but that simply wont occur with mestizos and indios, there are all sorts of reasons besides this but simply its because they look different and literally a lot of them in California don't even speak english and don't plan to. As well there has never been such an influx of immigrants from a single nation that is right next door to America, which further reinforces their latin american heritage and detracts from them becoming americanized. All of this means that I'm honestly worried there will be some sort of racial conflict around the middle of the century unless the immigration flood is stopped. I've yet to see a time a majority becomes a minority without at least one side committing mass violence.

I agree, however, i'm not sure it'll be Hispanics vs whites. I don't think Hispanics resent white people, much by the contrary, they either ignore them and live in their own culture, or they try hard to be white. I can see black people trying to genocide white america though, they're absolutely resentful.

Look at California compared with what it was like just 40 years ago. The white working class in that state is absolutely fucked.

That was an ok article despite the faggy “no one is illegal” commie shit.

I suppose, Unless you work a trade job like carpentry, it's funny, Marx used to talk about the Alienation of workers from their products, there's a joy you get from doing REAL work that makes REAL difference, not sitting at a desk answering customer complaints or telling drug addicts not to kill themselves. Mass production does the same thing, because you're only ever at one point of production, you never feel like you truly made anything, you just attached a wheel to a Ferrari, big woop, there are robots that can do that now.

>What is the point of these meaningless lives now that the dream of adventure for young men is dead? The closest we can come to actual adventure is either serving Israel in the military or larping with a bunch of guides on mountain treks thousands have already taken the glory in.

You're talking about aesthetic glory

live out your heart of darkness fantasies in papua new guinea
mining and forestry companies pay for armed guards, also good pay for the Miners etc
natives always attack everything that the white man do
have fun

Jesus Christ, has nobody in here read Don Quixote? You’re all acting like modernity is to blame for your lack of adventure but this has been the case throughout history. In Don Quixote, a book written in the early 1600s, the man is laughed at and called a lunatic when he tries to become a knight errant. He is ridiculed by everyone around him. This is LONG before modernity.

These chivalric tales you’re so into are just pieces of fiction and mythology. If you really want an “adventure” you can go to the Middle East or some other place and join some paramilitary group. You won’t because you’re a pussy, and if you lived hundreds of years ago you wouldn’t do it either. This is just mindless ideation on your part.

Attached: D215C714-DC4C-41CE-8671-6CE52088BCDB.jpg (3264x2448, 1.47M)