Just did LSD

>just did LSD
>experienced nirvana
What books do I read to attain the mindset permanently? Also: meditation tips and tricks pls

Attached: 1671C15A-09FE-4BCC-B248-BC41C2C5FDFF.jpg (546x663, 152K)

Other urls found in this thread:

realization.org/p/ashtavakra-gita/richards.ashtavakra-gita/richards.ashtavakra-gita.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Eastern religions are just atheism with weed and acid lmao

>buddhism is atheistic
READ A FUCKING BOOK

I literally thought I was went to hell the one time I did lsd.

Grow up for a start

Not that user and I've really only read the wiki article about buddhism, but the whole point of it is to give up all attachments to the world and erase suffering right? That just seems anti human to me, I'm not even for erasing suffering much less giving up everything that connects to this reality. Feel free to correct me if I've got some part of it wrong or even try to change my mind, because I am still kinda curious about it because I think it does have some good ideas.

Christcuck alert

Not that user either, but extreme asceticism is just as bad as degeneracy within the buddhist worldview. In a way, buddhism was a response to the truly life-denying hindu ascetic sects of its time.

Could you describe what you mean? How was it a response to extreme asceticism? Everything I've seen about buddhism makes it seem like it promotes a pretty ascetic lifestyle.

by attachments they don't mean what you think (physically cutting off all ties to the world except for bare necessities), though obviously this is required of a monk who is supposed to be a holy man.
When it talks about attachment/grasping, they mean it in a subtle way which pertains to the mind. You grasp and are attached to the world and especially your perceptions of it, so you are effectively trapped in a sort of cosmic horror drama where "you" are born, going to die, and everyone you love is going to die as well. When you don't grasp at these perceptions, when you see through the subject-object dichotomy, when you no longer attach to anything as "me" or "mine," when you lose the firm conviction that you are some sort of stable individual entity/being who has been thrown into an unfamiliar separate world that you didn't create, then you are free.

Buddhist monks aren't like some of the ascetics of the Buddha's time. Back then, ascetics would refuse to eat for long stretches of time until their body would wither into skin and bones. They would engage in all sorts of self-mortification because they thought if they disregarded the body they would attain some purity of mind. The Buddha thought that sort of approach was pointless, and promoted a kind of monkhood where you lived in the basic necessities: sufficient food (one meal a day) and water, robes to stay warm and safe, occasional shelter with the help of monasteries. This allowed the monk sufficient energy and vitality to train the mind and practice for enlightenment, without getting distracted through sensual indulgence/seeking satisfaction through sense pleasures.

You don't have to be a monk to be a Buddhist. If you're curious, Mahayana and Vajrayana schools are much more layman-friendly or laity-compatible than the Theravada, although study of the Nikayas/Agamas are absolutely essential before exploring those traditions and their texts which build off of them.

read mastering the core teachings of the buddha by daniel ingram

>Vajrayana

Yeah, esoteric/mystic buddhism with mostly initiatory, teacher-pupil based transmission is just what a beginner needs lmao

>study of the Nikayas/Agamas are absolutely essential before exploring those traditions and their texts which build off of them.

try this OP

realization.org/p/ashtavakra-gita/richards.ashtavakra-gita/richards.ashtavakra-gita.html

>be buddha
>starve oneself nearly to death by following extreme asceticism
>reject extreme asceticism and accept a bowl of rice from a local girl
>become enlightened shortly after
>begin teaching the middle way

>just do things in moderation
I mean its not wrong but is that really all there is to it?

Buddha did teach a lifestyle that can objectively be labeled as ascetic, Buddhist monks during his life were essentially near-possessionless, they got all their food begging door to door and they were not supposed to eat after the mid-day meal until the morning of the next day. They were not even supposed to remain in any one place for more than a few days so as to not develop attachments to any location. By any reasonable standard this is ascetic. The whole "middle path between indulgence and asceticism" is basically a meme that's kept alive by morons. Buddha just taught a less extreme form of asceticism compared to other groups of his time. This is one of those Buddhist talking points that everyone repeats without critically examining it because they're trying to shill Buddhism.

No. Please do even a cursory amount of reading. You're asking to be spoonfed. You might start on the Wikipedia page for Buddhism.

>drug induced "Nirvana"
>how do I attain this permanently
>permanently
keep doing LSD OP, there's definitely no monsters waiting under that bed

Attached: bad_move.jpg (960x540, 35K)

You didn't experience nirvana. Nirvana is attained and never lost. Perhaps you had a glimpse of a certain meditative state that negates the self.

does lsd give you stream entry
if consciousness and ultimate self is immaterial how is it possible to induce these states with the help of drugs etc

What do you mean by "hell" user?

it doesn't.
If it was stream entry he would experience extremely obvious landmark perceptual shifts which are unlike anything drug users or psychonauts describe.
At most, drugs can help towards insights into selflessness of thoughts and feelings, which are not exclusive to Buddhism anyways.

stupid to chase death in life
however if you really want to go back to that golden state of being without drugs: literally just meditate more

you got there with the shortcut, now learn to get there through deeper and deeper breathing

lower your heart rate
eventually you will breach your subconscious if you do it for long enough and get into it.

dont try to not think
let thoughts simply pass by like trains you don’t have to get on

Do high doses of LSD every day until you develop HPPD. Boom, enlightened.

Attached: Red-blue-noise.gif (160x107, 220K)

>the chemicals in my brain is nirvana
dumb dumb materialist

>virgin contradiction of subject/object
>Chad Coincidence of subject-object/objectivity-subjectivity

I can't hear you over the sound of How much of a brainlet you are

Attached: IMG_2769.png (1848x1436, 2.24M)

It's just pagan Áurea Mediocritas, which is the same emotion behind 90% of taoism.

>“The tree on the mountain height is its own enemy… The cinnamon tree is edible: so it is cut down! The lacquer tree is profitable: they maim it. Cherry, apple, pear, orange, lemon, pomelo, and other fruit trees. As soon as the fruit is ripe, the trees are stripped and abused.

>Their large branches are split, and the smaller ones torn off. Their life is bitter because of their usefulness. That is why they do not live out their natural lives but are cut off in their prime. They attract the attentions of the common world. This is so for all things.

>That tree is useless. A boat made from it would sink, a coffin would soon rot, a tool would split, a door would ooze sap, and a beam would have termites. It's worthless timber and is of no use. That is why it has reached such a ripe old age.

>Every man knows how useful it is to be useful. No one seems to know how useful it is to be useless.

>This tree has been trying for a long time to be useless. It was almost destroyed several times. Finally it useless, and this is very useful.

>So for this big tree, no use? It is planted in the wasteland, in emptiness. People walk idly around it, rest under its shadow. No axe or bill prepares its end. No one will ever cut it down.

>Useless? You should worry!”

Fortunately Christ was born and humiliated these pagan brainlets.

>Fortunately Christ was born and humiliated these pagan brainlets.
proof that christ was born?
the bible isn't proof

The Talmud and Plinius the Younger are tho : ) start praying.

I'm already Jewish, why would I accept your false messiah and damn myself eternally?

>experienced nirvana
No you didn't. fuck off junkie

Attached: 1566404180844.jpg (461x345, 20K)

Because he came in the fulfillment of time and fulfilling every prophecy and Because You haven't be had a sign of God Since you murdered Him while we have hundreds of Eucharistic Miracles (that is bleeding hosts) which were analized to the satisfation of every scientist they were shown to.
Finally, our theology is plain better and made the West as we know It and made the scientific revolution possible, yours is simple identity politics similar to that which the democrátic party sells to niggers and the nazis sell to whites.

Your theology is stolen from the Greeks mostly. Paul created your religion from Hellenic ideals mixed with Judaism. Everything in your gospels was a fabrication of Paul, and the other accounts in your so-called New Testament were largely exaggerated and falsified.

>"stolen"
Loaded word from someone who can't argue. Nobody would deny that Greek thought, Roman Law, Christian Faith and the People of Europe (and their preexisting traditions, genes etc) are the four Pillars of the west. Characterizing This synthesys as theft however is rank character assassination unworthy of consideration. After all the West surely didn't "steal" anything that came from that synthesys from anyone.
You know who stole instead? Qabbalists stealing our concept of God's Spirit as active component of the Divine which the universe reflects, for instance.
You should read more, bby, only big kids can ride this ride.

>Everything in your gospels was a fabrication of Paul,
A pretty big statement! Guess on whomst does the burden of proof lie?
EXACTLY! On You!
Have fun.

Kek

great post friend

Buddhism as a practice/path is just totally pointless without the supernatural worldview it exist(ed) within

from the modern day perspective (one life and it's over), there is no point to the path when essentially nirvana without remainder (atheist death) is just what happens when the body stops sustaining consciousness

it's just retarded to believe in kamma, devas, hungry ghosts, mount meru, mara, that monks can fly unaided, touch the sun and moon, fly on the backs of eagles, etc etc

buddha taught literal rebirth, you die here, what follows is birth as animal, or in hell realm where you are speared or burnt, or rebirth in formless realm if good kamma

it's all just retarded bullshit. chinks eat this shit up and spend their lives 'making merit' for good rebirth (i.e. give their scrilla to sangha).

joke, life denying suicide religion

His dogma was allready shit without anyone else's dogma splattered all over it. It surely didn't help tho.

#
Buddhism as taught by Siddhartha Gautama was very atheistic. As his teachings spread to other cultures and over many subsequent generations they shit his teachings up with religious dogma.

>modern day perspective (one life and it's over)
This is not a mere contemporary perspective. It existed at the time of the Buddha and was a very popular view spread by the annihilationist school. The Buddha rejected it as false view.

>there is no point to the path when essentially nirvana without remainder (atheist death) is just what happens when the body stops sustaining consciousness
Nirvana without remainder is not the atheistic, nihilistic death of annihilation of self. The remainder refers to the craving and self-view which binds you to dukkha and samsara, not to 'existence as such'. Notions of existence and non-existence are both abandoned.

>it's just retarded to believe in kamma, devas, hungry ghosts, mount meru, mara, that monks can fly unaided, touch the sun and moon, fly on the backs of eagles, etc etc
Kamma is nothing mythological. It is a philosophical concept that consists of the law of cause and effect in both the theoretical as well as practical, and the teaching of impermanence. Devas, hungry ghosts etc. are all mythological and this is well understood in originally Buddhist countries such as e.g. Vietnam. Only in the West do we for some reason believe these to stand for actual gods, ghosts etc. (And yet we have no problem with understanding Greek mythology. It's a bit weird).

>buddha taught literal rebirth, you die here, what follows is birth as animal, or in hell realm where you are speared or burnt, or rebirth in formless realm if good kamma
Yes, rebirth, not reincarnation. Rebirth is subtle, hard to grasp. 'You' will die in this life and not be reborn, but what makes up you and the kamma you have accumulated will give birth to a new 'you'. Analogy from experiences can help with this. Common ones are: rebirth happens not just with death, but from moment to moment. You are not the person you were when you were a small child, but you are that person. If you were to suffer complete amnesia right now, you would not be the person you were before, but you are that person.

>it's all just retarded bullshit. chinks eat this shit up and spend their lives 'making merit' for good rebirth (i.e. give their scrilla to sangha).
Making merit does not lead to awakening, but it is a cultural and ethical practice that is conducive to a spiritual life.

>joke, life denying suicide religion
You should not base your understanding of Buddhism on readings by Nietzscheans who themselves have no understanding of Buddhism.

>Only in the West do we for some reason believe these to stand for actual gods, ghosts etc. (And yet we have no problem with understanding Greek mythology. It's a bit weird).
It's Because our mythology is 2000 years of Christianity away, theirs is still being "pratiched" now. Imagine there was a secret island in the middle of the mediterranean where nobody has gone for the past 2500 years. The inhabitants believe in the Old Gods. Would you be surprised if they believed In Nymphs too?

~70% of Americans believe in angels