Why are people in this board lately so keen in trying to btfo science and feeling so smart because they believe in a...

Why are people in this board lately so keen in trying to btfo science and feeling so smart because they believe in a god or some neoplatonic/hindu shit? Why don't you talk about books instead of snobbing people?

Attached: 1565283717951.png (450x405, 119K)

shit thread

Wow, I mean, wow. This thread is so, like, totally not based. It’s so not based that I might even — yeah, one might even — call it... “cringe”?

Buddhism, properly understood, is atheistic and even Darwinian...

Attached: Quote PB humans Navakavada.png (1848x1436, 2.24M)

>that quote
>reason exists to help us in survive and reproduce
>and expressly not for study of supernatural truth
what a fucking dope, buddhists are confirmed materialist nihilist retards

Everybody wants to transcend their peers. Here on lit, we (try to) do it by calling widely known scientific views dumb. There are other "transcendence" mechanisms; like clowning as hard as possible, for example. In the end, the only real transcendence is the realization that transcendence is impossible.

>implying one can't just hide this shit thread which isn't even about books

Nirvana disagrees with you.

I think it's "newcomer to philosophy" illness. For many people, their first encounter with a philosopher's work (Stirner, Nietzsche, Descartes, Hume, Wittgenstein, Plato, Guenon) will have some kind of seemingly profound revelation about reality not being the way people say it is, and probably lead them to say stuff like "Science and numbers aren't real" or "Morality is a spook". It's kinda like becoming an atheist, except that it becomes a totally encompassing belief.
I had it too back when I was 18 years old and first picked up The Ego and His Own on Yea Forums's recommendation.

After a while, the novelty of philosophical doubt might die out and people might start to notice that, even if things are not quite as people claim, there must be something real about sensations, which leads to them accepting some degree of empiricism, even if somehow moderated by a dimly appearing philosophical doubt.

That's the complete opposite of What is happening tho. This board is being raided by obnoxious atheist trolls and everyone else is fed up. But We can't do anything Because freedom of speech. But freedom of speech doesn't Apply to our speech only to the atheists whose threads never get closed no matter How horribly off topic. The one sane thing to do would be to get the fuck off from this mockery of everything that Yea Forums ever was, This skinsuit being wore by the very people that wished us dead in 2009 and that completely succeeded.
But remembering Everyone that Whitehead was retroactively btfo by Guenon; that brainlet just couldn't contend with the eleatic doctrine, is fine too for the moment.

Which is why It's brainlettism.

There are regularly threads about religion. No literature being referenced, just some religious topic. Have yet to see /r/atheism tier spam here.

Theology could be described as simplified philosophy.

Please don't reference plebbit even disgrudgingly

big yikes

Liar. 3/4 of those "religious topics" are atheists asking loaded questions.
>owo Theowlowgy couwld bwe deeshcribwed ash shimplifyied philoshophee UwU
Fuck off.

quoting a "western buddhist" . LFMAO

>religion has nothing to do with books

Attached: 1569051133642.png (893x859, 994K)

Ad hominem

Existential crises?

I know this board had dedicated threads with set reading schedules several years ago

>ad hominem
I'm not making an argument I'm insulting you Because I have had enought of your bullshit

I unironically think a lot of nerds are collapsed narcissists. Having this like quiet festering sense of superiority/a startling lack of empathy is so hallmark to nerd culture

Don't think of me as relevant enough to receive your insult because that would be a compliment, as my person captured your attention to elicit a response more meaningful to you than philosophy and theology combined.

indeed.
I've seen people worshiping that faggot from the big bang theory tv series.

The pendulum is in constant motion between the knowing and the unknown yet it needs the masses to be witnessed.