Why are so many of us Yea Forums browsers fans of christianity...

why are so many of us Yea Forums browsers fans of christianity? is it something truly the intellectual elite can ever appreciate?

Attached: 2958377835924.jpg (749x1000, 88K)

>fans

Attached: 1550640199890.png (192x177, 52K)

Enjoy your ban

Its a very intellectual position to take as you start to realize that if you believe there to be any order to the universe you eventually arrive at the Christian position. Most of us Christians are idealists when it comes to our metaphysical stance as we literally believe in an unseen reality that we have no knowledge of as we as the observer cannot witness. Simple materialism has shown itself to be problematic on many occasions (is electron particle or wave?) and this is why we believe that we have quite a bit of intellectual footing.

Pretty much because it's harder for westerners to adopt Taoism et cetera. Christian symbology is more akin to the way our mental representations work.

Besides, Jesus Christ is the Logos incarnate, and his historicity is irrelevant before the Absoluteness of that which he represents. Christ is Lord. The issue is finding out How this is true, not if.

Pope Benedict goes into this in several of his works namely "Jesus of Nazareth" and "Intro to Christianity". Theres actually a few dozen coincidences that would need to happen in order for jews to come to this conclusion based upon Jesus as strictly a historical man vs Jesus actually being the Christ. I concede that where this could have happened is surrounding the events of the Council of Nicea where this logical connection between the god of philosophers and the abrahamic god could have been drawn centering around Jesus as a historical figure with some fragments of his general philosophy.

its hip, everyone used to be atheists

christianity is cool these days

Only if you're Catholic.

I unironically was an atheist but now I feel it's just idiotic to think that God doesn"t exist because science. I mean he might or might not exist. I started reading spirituality books a while ago thanks to Yea Forums memes, I've read the Gita and now I'm reading the Bible. Next step will be Confessions, Summa and Intro by Ratzinger.

It's just the most accessible religion in the Anglophone and rest of the western world. There are tons of churches, Christian education institutions, resources and tools available compared to the same for any other religion.

it's just contrarianism now that reddit atheism is the default

I think the abundance of Christians on this board is indicative of two things: the ambiguity of literature and the failure of the modern education system.
Once you've liberated yourself from the burden that is logical thinking and reasoning, you're allowed to define reality as whatever you see fit; someone who has taken this step may now brand the conclusions they draw from their exegesis of the Bible as undisputed universal axioms.
It is still a mystery to me how people can read something so clearly fraudulent and fabricated as the Bible and take a single word of it to heart. Anyone who has done themselves the favour of critically examining the book they claim to follow will come to the same conclusion. It is crystal clear to me that God and the afterlife, too, are human constructs.

Fuck off you snotty pantywaist.

Everything in what we call the world is a "human construct."

Every Catholic Church in America is essentially a Protestant replica with shitty white walls and little art. The congregations are way too large so there’s no real community, just a commuter place.

Only good church’s I’ve seen in the US are Orthodox and they’re few and far in between

I think this applies to Catholicism more than Christianity in general. Catholicism is in.

Attached: Syme-Met-Gala-Jared-Leto-Lana-Del-Rey.jpg (3128x4496, 3.2M)

Redpill me on Catholicism vs Protestantism

i was raised, and am still, actively mormon (albeit with more mainstream christian leanings, the mormon church is all kinds of fucked up)
fwiw i really like any eastern belief that i've learned

Yeah me too. I really like Taoism. If not for Christianity, I would give myself up wholly to the Tao.

In the end both are the same, but the symbolic systems are what differ. I'm heavily interested in a book called "Christ the Eternal Tao", and will buy it in the future. It's not expensive, but since I'm from a third world shit hole, mailing expenses are considerably high.

Catholicism is literal brainlet tier. Yea Forums is an Orthodox board

Attached: clown-mass.png (326x230, 137K)

When you seek the truth, you find the truth.

Not what I asked faggot

Both are heretical but Protestantism at least got us Kierkegaard

Catholicism was the result of the identification of Christianity with the state beginning with Constantine; i.e. clergy hold state offices and powers, all members of a given state are to be Christians, the Pope is a surrogate Roman Emperor, etc. Protestantism, following the Renaissance dictum 'ad fontes', returned western Christianity (including Catholicism) to a mostly pre-Constantinian form.

Putting it another way, Protestantism took the conflation of Christian with citizen and completely obliterated it from the entire world. Catholicism as it existed at the time of the Reformation no longer exists and was destroyed by Protestantism.

Do you live in some backwater shit-hole?

It's cope mostly. Coping with existential dread and that everyone dies someday

>kierkegaard was a protestant

Attached: 355314556465746.png (1861x610, 276K)

Islam is the only Yea Forums religion

Can any Christian here tell me how christ died in the flesh to become one with the spirit when pre-destination is a thing too?

If you speak English you’re a Christian. You can choose to deny Christianity but only because of the freedoms from it’s inheritance
It’s a simple as that

Being a disgusting monoglot I've always wondered if other languages were as heavily influenced by Christianity as English, I know Germany had something similar with Luther's bible.

based

>He doesn't know enough hermeneutics to read pre-19th century texts

Catholicism is anxiety about whether you are in a state of grace, Protestantism is anxiety about having true faith, Orthodoxy is anxiety about whether you are in podvig (if you are properly struggling). Orthodox is closest to the truth, followed by (classical) Protestantism.

Maybe in the context of Sufism or blended with Perennialism a la Nasr.

Thanks

So in Protestantism and Orthodox teachings you don't go to hell if you sinned one morning, died in the afternoon without confessioning your sin?

It's just the usual Yea Forums contrarianism. Society hates religion so you become "religious" yourself.

That's one way of thinking about it. With Catholicism there's all this crypto-materialist horseshit regarding the mechanics of mortal vs venal sins and how this results in either hell or purgatory when in fact there is no Biblical basis for that system of weighing the sins, or purgatory, or even continuity of consciousness after death, the last of those is mentioned only with the resurrection of the body, and allegorically in certain parables (Christ refers to the place where dead saved souls are as "The bossom of Abraham").

Its most likely few same posters doing all the gushing for Jesus. Yea Forums is not hostile to Christianity but I wouldn't call Yea Forums a fan of Christianity.

>when pre-destination is a thing