Write a summary of the last book you read—if you're unable to do it without referring to the books or notes...

write a summary of the last book you read—if you're unable to do it without referring to the books or notes, you don't belong on Yea Forums.

Attached: 1565827180857.jpg (867x685, 96K)

You know who's got a good memory? Autistic savants. Those people are far from functional or able to do any kind of extrapolation.

Good thread idea, will post later

That's not what OP is implying and you know it

It's a book about somebody living in a basement. It could have been my diary to be honest.

last book i read was vicar of wakefield. basically victorian or elizabethan story of Job. all the worst shit happens to a guy, but a mysterious benefactor sets everything right at the end. be a good boy and love your tribulations.

Wow, this lady really had a rough time with bipolar disorder. Good thing she finally saw the value in taking her meds

I can't remember the last book I read

Dude leaves Harvard and goes west, trying to find himself, becomes a buffalo hunter and gets more than he bargained for.

Married Woman falls in love with young Chad, ruins her life, her husband’s life, and her son’s life.
Begins showing more and more symptoms of a severe psychological disorder. Eventually throws herself in front of a train.
This narrative is juxtaposed against the story of a happy, successful, loving marriage of a young farmer and the daughter of a Moscow aristocrat, who, through the power of the love he feels for his wife and newborn child, gradually realizes that there may actually be a God

>I'm autistic about tennis
>TV and the associated youth culture is heavily irony posioned
haven't gotten to the other essays yet.

TV bad, only the ruling class have escaped cyclical time, celebrities serve to keep the masses in a day dream, to keep the illusion that the masses can escape cyclical time and have their own will.
I think this' an OK summery of society of the spectacle.
Did i miss any of Guys other major points?

this guy is a newspaper guy and he's a religious guy but living in a base amoral society
so he gets a job writing the lonely hearts column where readers write in with their problems and he gives them answers under the name 'miss lonelyhearts'
and although he initially thought it was just a joke, a funny thing, he starts to get overwhelmed with the avalanche on suffering from the letters of the fucking damned and painful
and his editor is a maniacal satan amused and provoking and drawing him deeper into a hell of misery
and he has christ but christ has become an ironic joke
and everything gets worse

something about finnegans wake and ideological control and crowley

I'm a loser I just need to cum
I don't feel human I think I need to love

Volume 1 of unabridged Gulag Archipelago

pic rel

Attached: Stalin-medal-hahau-are-funny-go-to-gulag.jpg (400x294, 20K)

Dead inside middle class 40+ yo divorcee guy gets sick of his government and then gets swept up in a whirlwind forbidden romance with a promiscuous 20 something which teaches him to feel again then they become terrorists

good enough?

Attached: 0715515232210_p0_v1_s550x406.jpg (309x396, 44K)

Two constructors are out in the universe trying to aid different kings, each more adept, decrepit and wicked than the other.
The chapters are as follows:
1. This machine can make everything with the letter 'N', one constructor boasts about it to his skeptic friend, friend asks robot to make 'Nothing' hoping the robot will instead do nothing, but the robot starts to erase everything. In the end everything is returned, except for the zits.
2. Robot can't calculate 2+2, hilarity ensues.
3. Constructor gets beat up pretending to be a gift for his friend.
4. Robot that makes poems becomes galactic threat.
5. Robot-WW1, gets fixed by connecting all robots and turning them into superorganisms.
6. King wants beast to hunt, will kill constructors if he beats the beast, beast is three cops who kidnap the king and hold him ransom.
7. Dragons as a mathematical phenomena.
8. Tactical babies for wimpy, sissy Romeo archetype.
9. King plays hide and seek by switching from corpus, hilarity ensues.
10. Weaponised bureaucracy.
11. PhD Pirate gets btfo'd by a lot of useless information.
12. What if your EUIV game had sentient beings as NPCs?

Then some other stories:
1. Story-extravaganza for King Genius
2. HPLD's give priest drug that makes you experience others feels, everyone turns to rape and murder and other cruelties.
3. What if humans were niggers: The Epilogue

Why are you reading that steaming pile of trash?!

fell for the memes
fun read tho lol

Kierkegaard's "Philosophical Fragments."
>Written in the persona of Johannes Climacus
>Climacus is a wannabe intellectual--overthinks everything
>starts from Socrates' principle that all learning is really recollection from a past life
>determines that the individual in Socrates' picture already possesses the precondition for learning, and so the moment has no decisive significance in learning (for example, it does not matter when or how one learns a geometric fact since the principle is the same eternally)
>reasons that if the moment is to have decisive significance, it must be because the individual gains the condition for learning in that moment
>this can only be given by the god
>in the decisive moment the god gives awareness that one is untruth; this is the knowledge of sin
>one comes to truth; this is faith
>various discussion of whether the decisive moment is historically contingent on proximity to the god, concluding that the believer at second hand is in no way disadvantaged to the believer at first hand

Attached: kierkegaard_eyes.jpg (162x54, 4K)

>steaming pile
>trash
Nice try, buddy.

>trash isn't set on fire
rope yourself

diary of a mad old man by junichiro tanizaki
basically it's the diary of a mad old man... who is obsessed with his daughter in law, who lets him suck her toes in exchange for buying her jewellery.
the full japanese film of the book is on youtube. the foot fetish scenes are well done.

Attached: 2019-09-21_1758.png (1324x665, 638K)

70+ year old man gets accused of "perverting" the youth, decides to ask his friend for advice before going to the trial. They ramble and ramble...

the last days of socrates

Yup, fell for the Greeks meme

Attached: fap.gif (320x240, 1.82M)

i cant summarize a book with no plot

Five kids go to detention. Four leave.

A young girl decides to get away from her somewhat odd lover in the city and moves into a remote country house, where she regularly interacts with an even more eccentric poet and a haughty high society woman that finds it very odd how similar she seems to be to other high society whores. In the meantime a womanizer arrives with his band of gypsies and tries to woo this incomprehensible creature before his exuberant lifestyle finally kills him. By the time Autumn rolls around, everyone has calmed down a little.

Sounds fun, do share the title.

what a faggy sounding book. if you arent a woman neck yourself.
>if I throw in the word juxtaposed my post won't betray my pseud
lol what a fucking retard

kid on a boat hallucinates

Jerusalem was delivered.

>getting pleb filtered by a short synopsis

Re-read White Fang because I reminded myself of it. I think it was a subversion of the typical force of nature type books, only society was the force of nature.

Space Muslims

Tell me more

a parody or revolutionaries and a tale of a bored person who cannot believe into anything

some cuck wanders around a city for a day.

A longwinded retelling of the story of cain and abel with some nice pastoral descriptions of california mixed in.

The Jews are the Illuminati and those elites will cull the masses not belonging to them, force their degeneration to cattle tier and use as slaves till they are no longer needed.

Attached: William Cooper - Behold a pale horse - Dystopia.jpg (1280x720, 231K)

*AHEM*
FUCK BASQUES, FUCK SARACENS, BUT MOST OF ALL FUCK GANELON
*TOOOOOOOOOOOOOT*

Attached: 1566938458196.jpg (500x661, 229K)

Nice, read it last month. Tried to read Parzival after that but meh.

I read Aristotle but really the last thing I read was The Fall of The House of Usher because I needed some inspiration for my short story.. Guy gets cursed in/by his ancestral family house, entombs his sister alive, then they both die and the house collapses. There's a lot of spooky scary prose in between all that.

A psychologist marries a patient of his and realizes what a mistake he's made.

But with Tremors

Billy Pilgrim has become unstuck in time.