What kindle should I buy

I finally saved up enough money to afford any Kindle, but I'm not sure which one should I buy. I'm also not good with electronics. Even after reading up about it, I still don't completely understand it. Like what the difference between basic/paperwhite/Oasis, other than the screen size? Also I assume just because it's the latest generation, doesn't mean it's the best one?

Attached: Bezos_reader.jpg (554x554, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6NRT8E5-reM?t=58
youtube.com/watch?v=Ro0gOF4FwZw
4channel.org/lit/thread/13857223
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'd buy one of the big PDF e ink readers that cost like 500 bucks.

Moonreader

I don't really have that big if a budget. What I meant was I can afford Oasis but is it worth it? Also what's the difference between Paperwhite and all new kindle?

The cheapest one has mechanical buttons and the rest of them are functionally the same except for the newest one which is waterproof. They all have the same software and the differences in battery life in practice are minuscule.

Thank you, I think I read that the newest one can read PDF, is that true? Also is it worth spending money on a Waterproof kindle?

PDF won't be readable on a 7" screen. Honestly you're better off getting the basic one, then saving your money for a top tier PDF device in the next year or two.

They can all read PDF's but the screens are too small to do it comfortably. You would either have to edit the PDF's and cut out the margins or dick around all day with the Kindles magnification feature.

I can't tell you if the waterproof Kindle is worth it to you. Are you always getting your books wet? If so it's probably worth it.

I forgot to mention that some of them have backlights but they don't really matter since only barbarians use it.

The barbarians were unironically based relative to Rome in its decline.

>supporting Amazon over roko
never gonna make it

Buy a Kobo instead, form of a Kindle but greater functionality as you are not limited by formats of the Kindle bookstore. Plus no ads or any of that gay bullshit. Sideload at your hearts content.

I have a Paperwhite from a few years ago, and it is great. I don't know all of the models, but the important features are: e-ink display and backlight. You can sideload with all Kindles.

Kobo is a lot more expensive in my country.

Kindles are great — convenient, easy to use, and of good quality.

Don’t waste $ on features, they’re hardly ever worth it. PDFs, waterproof, backlight, etc. — all a waste of $.

Go on eBay and buy a used Paperwhite (the models without ads), which should cost you maybe $40 or $50. Download and install Calibre (it’s free) on your computer. Calibre will convert almost any format into .azw (Kindle format). Go to gen.lib.rus and download away — now you have everything that you’ve ever wanted to read, all for $40.

Backlight is incredibly useful and the Paperwhite has it

You can adjust screen brightness — is this what you mean? I don’t usually need this feature as I read indoors with the lights on.

Doesn't the all new kindle(2019) have it too?

>I can't tell you if the waterproof Kindle is worth it to you. Are you always getting your books wet? If so it's probably worth it.
Would a basic kindle get damaged due to spilling of water?

You'll see as much damage as any other electronic device would

DO NOT get kindles, they don't read epubs. get a Kobo Clara HD

Why would it matter that it doesn't read epubs? Use Calibre to manage your books.

So uh, why not just use your phone?

Kills yours eyes.

E-ink looks way more natural And much easier to read in daylight

your

because a phone screen is an LCD and e ink is ink, actual ink

>e ink is ink, actual ink
no

yes, positive charge to the cell makes the ink float negative makes it sink
youtu.be/6NRT8E5-reM?t=58
it's weird how often people shit talk e ink without even knowing how it works

nevermind I am the stupid one

no worries lad

>admitting you're wrong
how new

>t. never heard of k2pdfopt

What makes you think I never heard of it? Talk like a human being.

Buy one of the non-kindles

New Jersey dialect.

get a paperwhite and use calibre if you want to load pirated stuff on there

Kindles are fine, but converting everything to MUBI is annoying and they are pretty botnet. If you're a poorfag, get the old Sony PRS505. Physical buttons and you can replace the OS with something more up to date if you want. If you want to buy something newer, go for a high end Kobo if you're American, Europe has its own DRM free Ereader brand I forget the name of

Just buy one of those dirty cheap kindle fires, load stock Android on it, and go about your day.

Get the paper white. There’s nothing comfier than reading in bed at night on a kindle paperwhite, with complete darkness.

If you enjoy reading you won't regret buying the Oasis. I don't know if it's good value compared to the other Kindles, but the Oasis is good objectively.

Exactly this. Don't waste shekels on a dedicated ebook reader. Just use your phone and purate all your books.

ID you are using the backlight on your e readers, it kinda defeats the porpuse, you need a lamp.

A tablet with an antiglare protector and a night reading mode (yellowish white letters on a black background) with a lamp and you dont get eye strain

>PROLOGUE
>25% in

Attached: 1556740045624.jpg (470x470, 70K)

Ive tired reading on a screen and for the hours i read it doesn't do my eyes or thumb any good so i bought a e reader 10 years ago and only buy a physical copy of a book if its canon great setup that more should give a try

Reading a comfy book in pitch black with back light is a experience i enjoy and would recommend to any e reader.

was this the issue of reading on a tablet? the back light is going to burn your eyes?

Kindle is botnet trash

Attached: 1566171065791.jpg (1280x447, 79K)

God I hate you retarded neet niggers.
Kill all kindlefaggots
Are you going to ask how to jailbreak your chinese botnet device on /g/ later ?

youtube.com/watch?v=Ro0gOF4FwZw

Attached: ebooknigger.jpg (1076x720, 192K)

Check the likebook Mars, it has android and is pretty decent, i was the top e-reader from 2018 and it has actually good hardware.

Tolino?

reddit

If you have any interest in manga get this
You can also post on 4channel.org/lit/thread/13857223 with it!
Otherwise 3rd gen PW, unless you read in ur bathtub {sicko}

Used Kindle 4 NT. It's 35 EUR with shipping. Just fucking root it and install custom firmware. Other people reccing you gay nigger shit are just capitalist nigger shills. Only thing it doesn't have is its own LED, and just buy a flashlight you stupid little shit.