What am I supposed to do when I listen to audiobooks? I want to focus on the book without my wind wandering

what am I supposed to do when I listen to audiobooks? I want to focus on the book without my wind wandering.

Attached: 85b.png (700x902, 314K)

>without my wind wandering

If I were you I would go and lay outside (in the sun or the shade,your choice) while listening to one. It's really comfy.

Attached: __nagisa_kaworu_neon_genesis_evangelion_drawn_by_yunion_sibujya__e026c7291371c44074795a009cf53e96.pn (500x740, 507K)

Walk.

SOMETHING THAT IS REPETITIVE AND REQUIRES LOW CONCENTRATION, LIKE DOING CHORES (WASHING DISHES, HANGING OUT LAUNDRY, IRONING).

It's a skill like anything else. The more you listen, the more you are able to do other activities without losing concentration.

Read a book at the same time. That way you can get through two books in the same time it would take you to get through one.

Unironically hollow out a mountain in Minecraft

lie in bed with the lights out

>what am I supposed to do when I listen to audiobooks?
have sex

close your eyes

I play grindy video games or go for a walk.

Close your eyes, relax and try to visualize the descriptions of the narrator.

Stay indoors you’ll be nice and cozy.

>listen to audiobooks
How about you just don't do that

>wind wandering
adhd meds

I sit in a room alone with no distractions.
Or I play Puyo Puyo

you're doing it wrong user, audiobooks are for midwit shit
also this

clean your room, wash your peen

Attached: 1568306561194.jpg (800x450, 31K)

if you actually want to absorb the book's content, read it on paper.
audiobooks are for people who want to say they read a book without actually reading it

This.

>not wageslaving while listening to books
>not getting paid to read
>not clearing 2-3+ books a week

>you can't eat spaghetti from a bowl, it isn't spaghetti then
>you need to eat it from a plate or you aren't actually eating spaghetti

Attached: 1554281419883.png (496x494, 441K)

For midwit content (most of the popular non-fiction) audiobooks are good enough.

All I read is urban fantasy and popular fiction from the '80s and prior, so audiobooks work great for that.

Do chores, exercise, listen while on a commute
But as others have said, only use audiobooks for pop fiction that’s just for fun, don’t use it for classic literature or intelligent non-fiction

listening to an audiobook is like taking really delicious spaghetti, and gobbling it down without chewing, instead of eating it slowly and savoring the taste

Lift.

If you want to absorb as much as the books content as possible, nothing.

>audiobooks
Don't do this.

I don't read anything that can't be communicated orally so audiobooks are fine. Granted, i refrain from doing anything but concentrating on the narration when I listen.
It works for me because I read slow as fuck and oftentimes have trouble processing information; it's just the way I'm wired, I suppose.

Watch a kino

here's what you do, you listen to the audiobook closely and then write down what you hear. Then later you read what you wrote down.

I listen to audiobooks when im driving or shit

Most of your life is sitting in traffic, manning your station at your dead-end job, washing dishes and sweeping the floor at home, standing around awkwardly at a gym in hopes this eventually matches you with a 4/10. Podcasts and audiobooks make this time feel not entirely lost.

Audiobooks can be tough, though. Everything worth reading is banned from the few platforms that carry this sort of thing, and there's no incentive to go ahead with big recordings.

>tfw the German The Man Without Qualities audio book is the only edition that organizes the posthumous stuff into a coherent, short narrative
Audio books are the best.

Attached: 33854054cb9b4c28910340571fde51ec.jpg (827x1169, 72K)

Same, it's a good way to get in lectures while doing otherwise trivial shit.

>thinking the form in which the content is presented matters
Why are there so many dimwits on Yea Forums?