Why haven't you started a thoreauvian living?

youtube.com/watch?v=lDbrUk2xYBo

Attached: k7vti.png (899x501, 794K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sg7ZOV8STuQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

It’s nice. I do enjoy Emerson and I’m about to start Thoreau. Don’t know if I would go completely without electricity but I can see the peace in it

Attached: 80DF669A-5C5B-48F5-9AD9-A5CEB86C27C9.jpg (2337x1558, 545K)

Can't afford, theses people are very clearly independently wealthy, also I'm very doubtful on their level of isolation, she spoke extremely well whilst people that move abroad and only ever speak a foreign language for multiple years often find themselves stumbling over their words, it's even worse for people who in true isolation.

It's called collecting SSDI and living in the middle of nowhere, Maine.

Unfortunately such a place doesn't exist in my country, an equivalent house here would cost hundreds of thousands and social security pays very little.

You can build an insulated one room cabin with a loft for under $3000 here. If you want a good prefab, small that is, you can get it for around $8000.

Life isn't fair.

Attached: 1558210550783.jpg (1024x678, 126K)

Where do you live?

This way of living is only possible thanks to modern technological society. Modern building materials, fixtures and engineering techniques; tamed and cultivated land thanks to modern society; candles, cutlery, books etc. all the product of modern manufacturing techniques, acquired through modern means (I doubt they found those two volumes of the complete works of Aristotle at the local book store); a means of communicating with the "outside" world, probably in the form of a phone; an outside world to even connect to, the list goes on. Romanticizing something like this abstracts it from its context.

Switzerland.

>you can just build a house wherever you want bro
No, you also need to buy land and (here in the UK at least) it's basically made impossible unless you're at least upper middle class to start with. Land itself isn't especially expensive, a few thousand pounds per acre in some cases, but the way they price out most of the population is by refusing to sell anything less than large estates with hundreds or thousands of acres all together.
Even if you can find land, that doesn't mean you can build whatever the fuck you want on it. Planning permission to build anything is notoriusly difficult to get and up to the whim of a local official, so if you're not part of the old boys club good fucking luck.
Even then there is crazy regulation, like height restriction and so on.

I watch videos on youtube of americans with tiny homes or those repurposed shipping containers and then get sad, because it's never going to possible for me.

Marry an American girl and you'll get US citizenship and can qualify for SSDI. Then you can pack your bags and move to the middle of nowhere in either Alaska or Maine and live in the woods in a cabin the rest of your life.

you're not allowed to complain about life

The Bible shown alone costs anywhere between $5k all the way to $30k.

>a few thousand pounds per acre in some cases
What? you can't buy land for anything less than £5000/acre in Britain.

these two statements are not contradictory

Stop believing what you read on Reddit, we've got major problems, especially in regards to inequality.

Explain your struggle. Genuinely curious.

You mean being a NEET that lives with his mom and sometimes LARPs in the woods right outside of town?

I'm already down that.

>oi you got a loisence for that tiny house m8???

Never heard that one before..

youtube.com/watch?v=sg7ZOV8STuQ

This is how heated planning disputes can get over here

ill buy him a beer

looks fake as fuck. those are no hermits those are petite bourgeoisie. look at the books all of the same color and shelved perfectly, the soft sofas facing each other, everything is just too "goody"

thoreau wanted savagery. those yuppies want to larp

what's with the insufferable voice on the bitch

>This way of living is only possible thanks to modern technological society.
bugmen are the most dishonest form of life that has ever 'lived' kek

he doesn't have a tesla

What an annoying pseud narrator.

>his home gets demolished by the government because he didn't have the right paperwork for it
Society has got to end.

varg is killing people again