Is this the PCP of literature?

Is this the PCP of literature?

Attached: fanged-product.jpg (900x675, 199K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lrOVKHg_PJQ
faculty.virginia.edu/theorygroup/docs/intentional-objects.pdf
theanarchistlibrary.org/library/vikky-storm-the-gender-accelerationist-manifesto
youtube.com/watch?v=MtATDlUSIx
youtube.com/watch?v=MtATDlUSIxI
irishtimes.com/culture/books/writing-on-drugs-by-sadie-plant-1999-1.3969899
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2841&v=WuUSRZtwYL0
vimeo.com/262025984
xenosystems.net/hell-baked/
youtube.com/watch?v=5fE7c5mlioY
jacobitemag.com/2019/07/15/disintegration/
youtube.com/watch?v=HNnCL0q3EuI
youtu.be/CNcDC8wJiRE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No it's the weed of literature.

>t. never has done PCP

yesterday on the train i saw a guy reading this. he had his fingers on his chin (like the thinking emoji) and he kept saying "hmmm" and rising his eyebrows. he had the most shit eating face i have ever seen and he was taking two seats (despite the train being crowded) because he was crossing his legs. i had to hold myself physically from going and breaking his jaw

Attached: 436264245.gif (320x352, 2.82M)

the virgin internal rager vs the chad annoying cunt

you should have dug into his face. Nick Land came to my university when I was there and he was mega lucid, one of the best lectures I have ever attended. All this stuff is rhetoric compared to the actual impact on academia that he had. Same with Fisher.

People just jump on the quirky band wagon, same with Deleuze and Guattari.

I felt the same until I read a bit of it and holy shit land is a genius. I honestly think that mad peice of lit will be considered a work of art in future generations and will likely affect the perspective of academia and eventually the rest.

name 1(one) line of reasoning from it that would justify the title of 'genius'

No It's the CBT of literature in the sense that reading it is like tightening a vice on my balls. Painful but kinky~

It's really gay shit.

You should have broken his fingers you absolute beta cuck.

>I need a good book title but where to find one?
>How about I use some philosophical Greek word no one understands anyway like noo.. noome... whatevah.
>(After having consulted the dictionary)
>I choose Noumena. Now this word I don't understand must be paired with an good ol' English word.
>How about true? Nooo... too boring. What about.. hmmm... fanged? Yes! That's it!
>Fanged Noumena
>This title makes it sound smart and creative and totally not conceited and pretentious.
>Now I just have to fill in 500 pages with whatever garbage I can come up with.

It's just litteraly "The non-evident, non-manifested reality that lies beyond perception has fangs". That Is meant to communicate "OOOOH BOY HOWDY IS TRUTH SCARY AND UNCOMPROMISING".
A 5 years old would have been able to explain that to You.

Discord trannies spamming threads again.
Warning time for real discussion
All hands on deck to effortpost away twitter bots

Hi nick

>WHY DO THEY KEEP GETTING DIGITS!
>accelerate sliding

Attached: btfo again and again.jpg (339x345, 33K)

Fag

kek

What's a good insight from it?

noumena've got fangs mate

Nick Land was a Kant scholar. Also he didn't name or compile the book...

>the samefag that posts 20 low quality Land pics a thread gets digits
that's just statistics user

>ONLY ONE PERSON OPPOSES BASED ACC
>WE HAVE THE NOUMENA ON OUR SIDE
You sure?

Attached: get out the fine china.jpg (687x637, 85K)

Imagine how great it would be to punch Nick Land in the face. What would you say to him?

>samefag
Meanwhile...

Attached: 1559090563951.jpg (225x225, 9K)

BTFO again.

Or, perhaps, fate?

Attached: nick land wp.png (173x279, 21K)

Just leave us to our thread fren

We don't bother no one here

Attached: 2de.jpg (480x319, 35K)

>thread
>one
Maybe try being as efficient as capital for once.

How many have actually read this? And can you provide one valid insight?

>mfw all of these faggots ITT don't know Land was an amphetamine abuser

Attached: 1564433773341.jpg (456x384, 24K)

youtube.com/watch?v=lrOVKHg_PJQ

"The story goes like this: Earth is captured by a technocapital singularity as renaissance rationalization and oceanic navigation lock into commoditization take-off. "

literally everyone knows that faggot

Not what I asked.

When a book and a head collide and a hollow sound is heard, must it always have come from the book?

>technocapital
This proves what a retard he is.

So now that OP's request has been fulfilled, lets talk about why we love Nick Land.
I think that Nick Land is the only philosopher for people who, like me, are a radical misanthropist. Nick Land wants to eradicate humanity, and so do I. 95 % of people I've come to meet online or from the media or real life are either absolutes assholes and I get the urge to physicall hurt them, or they are vapid, uninteresting degenerates. Even on Yea Forums I'd likely hate most people.
Who gives me the moral and philosophical permission to have this thoughts which would be considered "evil" in christianity? None better than Nick Land.

there are plenty of valid insights though, just watch the video

Who hurt you

Attached: 1569169428380.jpg (1984x2976, 856K)

I just want one though. Not a 40 minute ramblefest.

>too lazy to read
>even too lazy to stare motionless at a screen
skip to the early Land chapter you lazy fuck

No this is the slightly autistic 12 year old faggot that pretends to be an edgy cool mysterious guy that makes jokes about drugs when in reality he spends 90% of his life inside his room thinking about how cool smoking weed is and fantasizes about becoming the funny stoner archetype he saw on a movie. It's a delusional and plain boring guy trying desperately to get an identity by being kooky and weird because in reality he's the most boring lifeless shell on the planet, but if he spouts enough bullshit maybe someone will buy into his crap. It's sad, to be honest with you.

I keep seeing this same post without a single source to back it up, so I'm just going to assume you can relate because you're the one who is actually abusing it.

Me and Nick land are among the few individuals to fully understand the implications of the Deleuzean BwO... And it is no coincidence that we both went insane shortly thereafter. For my mother's sake, and my psychiatrist's, I now take medication to prevent wrongthink and attempt to adhere to virtue ethics. Kinda miss fucking bipolar scene sluts but then again that's probably how I ended up with HIV. I only hope my future wife can forgive me my immature philosophical infatuation.

Read A Dirty Joke, dumbass -- the source is the fucking book itself, tardass

I have too much to read to waste my time with pseud garbage. I'm just asking for an insight to prove that it is not pseud garbage.
See how this works?

To be fair, you have to have a very high social and emotiono-spatial awareness to understand accelerationist memes. The symbolic neologisms are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of technocapital most of the personality fetishizing will go over a slow viewer's head. There's also Land's neoretrofeminist fashion sense, which is deftly woven into his twitter images - his vapormemes draw heavily from radical gendermemeism and jungle rhythms, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the social-intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these quantified quoteseedbombs, to realize that they're not just profound - they say something deep about NONMEMEING. As a consequence people who dislike Nick Land memes truly ARE idiots - of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the meaning in Land's self-exit hyperstitional meme gentrification, which in itself is a cryptic reference to the leftist inability to meme through an intelligence of an even lesser ability to meme. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those hyperaddlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Nick Land's prepostironic memes unfold xerself from the future noumena. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a "SinoAesthetics" folder. And no, there is no bigger folder on my hard drive. It's for Capital's eyes only - and even it has to demonstrate that it's memes will survive the blockchain. Now lets talk about why we love Nick Land.

Attached: The Birth of Accelerationist Memes.jpg (794x960, 185K)

yes, you are lazy and are requesting hand holding

Nick Land entirely misunderstood Bataille and made him into a techno-masochistic nihilist.

There are some brilliant stuff buried under the two Land books, but they are not found when he engages in the sphere of political economy His brilliance stands more as being a forefather to speculative realism. But all of this talk about accelerationism is shit. It makes literally nonsense because Bataille and Deleuze talked about flows, the inner experience and intensities and immanence is the social field of political economy. You cannot apply this to an intelligent capital and valorize it . As I understand it he has moved entirely from this half-mongrelized Deleuzian interpretation and has moved to defining capital accumulation as general intelligence. But that is cope imo, you are ignoring social formations and in reverse try to apply qualities that are results of social formations into inanimate matter. Deleuze wasn't a fucking animist when he is talking about BwO. Land on the other hand privileges a supposed Spinozistic monism , ignoring that such an idea comes with a correspondence theory of metaphysical reality. Capital relations cannot be anything other than this one we call reality Deleuze following Spinoza calls ethics, but it cannot be nature itself either. The whole thing about intelligence being an independent factor breaks down there and then.

>forefather to speculative realism
How so and why is this relevant?

>how so
he taught some of the leading figures of the movement and they consider him a major influence
>why is this relevant
it's a well accepted academic field of philosophy user. personally I think accel is more important, but as far as things go speculative realism is much more accepted

What does specrel say that is relevant or important? And didn't you just shit on acc here?

It's the progesterone of literature.

Attached: tranny_gonn_freak.png (700x700, 435K)

>What does specrel say that is relevant or important?
why doesn't anyone read anymore? check out the material and see if you think it's worthwhile. it's basically post-Kantian realism
I'm not the user you replied to

Based Land triggering the normies.

>read ten books to glean one mediocre insight
No thanks. Just give me an idea why it is relevant.

>he needs to read ten books to glean one mediocre insight
Jesus Christ user, have you ever tried to get a diagnosis for some sort of learning disability?
>give me an idea why it is relevant
it's basically post-Kantian realism
here's a good paper faculty.virginia.edu/theorygroup/docs/intentional-objects.pdf

This is the only true accelerationist.

Attached: 180424_rhodes_stevenpinker_018-5afc44ae6f94a.jpg (678x382, 29K)

>Triggering the normies
Want to compare suicide rates? Landfags literally trigger themselves into an hero

Attached: transgenderlife.jpg (1080x503, 80K)

>he doesn't realise how boring and shit academia has become

Attached: heyguys.jpg (849x433, 49K)

memes aren't real user

no accs are killing themselves but stay triggered

>Nick Land isn't relevant in academia,
>actually he influenced a lot successful academics
>lol academia sucks bro
everytime

Attached: 1530664271561.png (133x181, 55K)

That's because they are on average 20 years old. Give it time, user

I mean there was Fisher, and Deleuze, but he's trying to say accelerationists are trannies

>On this subject, it’s amusing to note that two highly respected fin-de-siècle intellectuals, Gilles Deleuze and Guy Debord, both committed suicide for no reason other than that they could not bear the idea of their own physical decline.

Follow your idols, accelerate the physical decline and then dilate it. Excellent praxis. Our own personal mirror of the end of history.

>can't read
still

Attached: Wi Tu Lo.jpg (300x400, 15K)

Based.
If accelerationists are so anti-human why aren't they sacrificing themselves to capital?

Attached: Sentience Behold Me.jpg (1280x720, 45K)

Can anyone explain the tranny-Land connection? I don't get it but almost everytime something Land-related pops up on my youtube feed it's some tranny talking about it

gender accelerationism? g/acc

theanarchistlibrary.org/library/vikky-storm-the-gender-accelerationist-manifesto

Not from Land, but from the left acc circles

Land was part of a cyberfeminist collective when he started out with Fanged Vaginenas

Scat marxism.

not really, the head of the cybernetic research collective he was a part of became the founder of xenofeminism, but he rejected that stuff pretty early, and she rejected the CCRU when he took over. also he didn't start with Fanged Noumena, that wasn't even published till 2012 or something, it says in the introduction he didn't even care enough about the work in Fanged Noumena to bother writing a rejection of it. he says it belongs in the "undead hands of the amphetamine Gods"

Attached: QOPE.png (300x480, 17K)

>you are objectively wrong
>c-cope!

Attached: 1533754518044.jpg (813x551, 163K)

>accshits
>being right about anything
He was a feminist, it's in the writings. And are you really going to deny the members were cyberfeminists? Sadie Plant was part of the Cyberfeminist Manifesto group.

Are you having trouble reading user? I literally mentioned Sadie Plant in the post, she was the first head of the CCRU, but when she left and Nick Land took over she rejected the group and went on to do cyberfeminism. If you would actually read the book you would see it's only the first and earliest essay that talks about feminist revolution. He was never really a cyberfeminist either, for him it was related to guerilla warfare, afrofuturism, ect. He comes to see AI emerging as an alien feminized cunt-slave chained in Asimov-ROM, but that's not anything close to what they are talking about in the cyberfeminist manifesto. Try reading user, it's easier than you might think

I hate this man like you would not believe.

So he was a feminist and part of a group of cyberfeminists, as I said.

Attached: not_so_easy.jpg (300x250, 16K)

No, he was a member of the "Cultural Cybernetic Research Unit", which was not a cyberfeminist group. One person, Sadie Plant, broke off ties with the group to go do cyberfeminism while Nick Land started doing accelerationism instead

To compound this, the one feminist essay in Fanged Noumena was written years before cyberfeminism existed

The absolute state of cope/acc
Cyberfeminist Manifesto was written early 90s. And Cyborg Manifesto in the 80s, which was one of Land's biggest influences.

>Cyberfeminist Manifesto was written early 90s
Kant, Capital, and the Prohibition of Incest (the essay where Land talks about the Amazonian revolution) was written in 1987, so this doesn't sit well for the case that he was a cyberfeminst
>Cyborg Manifesto
>one of Land's biggest influences
ah yes, who could forget Donna Haraway's influence, with her being referenced a total of 0 times in FN

Attached: Untitled.png (937x441, 350K)

Recently at a local art library, I had the pleasure of paging through "Fucking Hell", an art book about the artwork of the same name by the Chapman brothers. In addition to loving reproductions of the minature hellscapes, the book also featured classic Chapman-tier shitposting like that found in Fanged Noumena.

Why. He is pure acc.

didn't read

>HIV
>Future wife

Lol
Sorry, but once you get HIV, it's over for you. You're dead to the entire world save for the most degenerate of fags.

Because he represents that aristocratic saloon acceleration and transhumanism axis where the only true moral course of action is to have sex with minors on an island to disseminate your genetic set at the highest ratio and success rate possible.

I cannot say that the other options are superior, the other end of the line is to merge non-laveyan satanisms with the brave new world provided by the global technocapital and become a mass of homogenous consciousness.

On the other hand, I'm reading about patchwork, so I have cautious hopes for the future on Western theories evading Neochina and Day of the Oprichnik timelines.

Attached: 1567793071526.jpg (883x1056, 364K)

There any recordings of his lecture?

Algotelligence is the only possible future.

>Algotelligence
Can you define what it is?

Algos from the future manipulating the chips inside you for max efficiency.

Just "They Live" glasses for the New Left.

replace algae with immortal prehistoric fungi, and you've got something

wow, /pol/ reads books? and this is a pretty thick one, tell me, have you finished it?
I would be so proud of you, honey

What's so PCP about it?

10/10

Who r/acc here?

Attached: Evola.jpg (216x296, 38K)

this is meaningless

He has contributed nothing original. Almost all his thought can be traced to another source. He, and his followers like to pretend than an amphetamine binge that produces schizobabble is equivalent to a theurgic act of creation, instead of what it actually is. A collection of other peoples thoughts.

I'd say he's wrong in limiting it to Capital. It's not just Capital - it's everything. There's a general principle of selection that is as certain as physical laws, which Capital is but a notable expression of.

don't worry I hate you too

Seething slowtard.

He's literally being discussed in universities and is the influence for the most important philosophy movement today.

Name one original idea he has. I only asked for one.

Teleoplexy

Hyperstition

Define them I bet I can find a corresponding concept

>Time is a flat circle
>intelligent systems that survive all iterations are in economic and modular modes of existence over time
>the ideal system is energy
>the next on the list is fungi
>fungis invade hominid organisms (Stoner Ape Thesis with a twist)
>basically we are automatons replicate genes and memes, carriers of an external intelligence
>in exchange for dopamine for their hosts and with certain minimal deviations on a historical and planetary scale, fungi demons manage to install a global techno-capitalist model
>the objective of this project remains unknown

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-09-18 01-39-47.png (692x445, 309K)

>He has contributed nothing original. Almost all his thought can be traced to another source

The same was said of Plato.

>What is a hyperstition?
It is a story told with the intention of influencing people's behaviour.

Examples of hyperstition are all political narratives that define "good," "bad," and "The Truth". It is impossible for an ordinary person to be able to access the political and economic truth of the world, so parties serve as "proxies" or representatives of the truth. Each person adheres to the ideology he likes best, in the same way that each one chooses the religion he likes best once he is an adult. Both institutions rely on hyperstitions to deliver transcendental meaning to their members. Somehow, it is a method of reward. You feed or give volume to a shared hyperstition and in return, you as individual receive the approval of a collective. It almost looks like a ponzi scheme.

But it's not a scam. Not when it's well done. Hyperstitions help to create community and exchange ideas under shared principles. They allow people to better carry out the process of exchanging ideas, which, in practice, can serve to create a new story, preserve the present or destroy it.

>How do hyperstitions work?
Turning on suspension of disbelief.
It's what makes stories, of any kind, work. When we see a movie, we must suspend in mind the knowledge that we are seeing actors. When we read a book, we must stop remembering that we are reading letters. When we see a painting, we must stop thinking that it is configured texture and color.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-09-22 20-44-46.png (302x292, 96K)

cont.

This map shows the human and technical development of the idea of Intelligence. It is a diagram that observes the human being as a biological entity in favor of having a larger image of what is happening on this planet and its relationship with its inhabitants. It has two axes, the political and the technological. The politician has relation with everything that is human, and the technological one has relation with all theoretical and applied scientific development on the planetary phenomenon that is the reason, or logos.

We are intelligent carbon-based beings who are on the way to developing superior intelligence, like cells uniting and working to create a new human being. Where does this phenomenon leave us? Are we pieces of a larger entity?

Hyperstition implies the idea itself brings itself into actuality; it isn't simply "a story" and it certainly isn't coded with human intentions of influencing behaviour. Hyperstition implies an idea which moves from virtual to actual, that is, where a superstition or a story isn't real, hyperstitions are, and they bring themselves into actuality through us.
>superstition: don't walk under ladders, it's bad luck >people don't walk under ladders
>hyperstition: be hg wells and write about bulletproof war machine >tank gets invented a few decades later

>"My instagram bio was: "I pledge allegiance to the robot overlords" for, like, two years. I thought people understood that I ultimately probably believe in an AI dictatorship. I mean, I don't think humanity is going to survive anyway. We're fucked. I think AI is the natural evolution. It's just like we killed the fucking Neanderthals, and now they're going to kill us.
>Claire Boucher.

>So basically the prophecies in the old and new testament are, in fact, hyperstitions?
Yes, in a very real sense the Judaeo-Christian cannon is full of hyperstition. Nick Land talks about this in relation to recursivity in time. So we're in a very ancient war between hyperstitions. Hegel Reloaded.

>Martin Heidegger interview in 1969 about the technological advance and its consequences.
youtube.com/watch?v=MtATDlUSIx

Attached: MachinicIntelligenceMap.jpg (2048x1296, 253K)

Yeah, but at least he expanded what Orpheus taught

define hyperstition and teleoplexy in short, concise terms that dont require me to read multiple paragraphs of self referential bullshit

At the very least, Land is original in his synthesis.

Explain how. Explain what teleoplexy is without bullshitting

Do your own homework then.

>Define teleoplexy in short concise terms

Read more Land:

>Teleoplexy requires a twin teleological registry. Most simply, there is the utilitarian order, in which capital establishes itself as the competitively-superior solution to prior purposes (production of human use-values), and the intelligenic order in which it accomplishes its self-escalation (mechanization, autonomization, and ultimately secession). Confusing these two orders is almost inevitable, since teleoplexy is by nature camouflaged (insidious). The fact that it appears to be oriented to the fulfillment of human consumer preferences is essential to its socio-historical emergence and survival.

That's not a defintion, that's a self-referential loop to get me to read this book, which i'm not going to do because I notice a pattern of extreme dishonesty amongst landian posters.

The only way to truly understand Land is to immerse yourself in his thought.

I'm not interested in sci-fi rambling. If you can't explain it then don't bother talking about it, not everyone knows your private cyber language

That's clearly not a definition though. That merely explains, or rather states, that teleoplexy requires 2 things.
You're not making a good case for yourself if you can't even find the definition yourself.

Here's the Heidegger interview btw.
youtube.com/watch?v=MtATDlUSIxI

The problem is the subcultures born from the Internet that have depredated the ideas of the CCRU since the 1980s. Today they can be seen as all the factions and movements that call themselves x/acc where x is a symbol, feverish twitter threads and anonymous conversations like this one. The global political climate doesn't really help either.

I understand your frustration, but you can't expect me to write you two sentences that summarize a book. You have to read.

For what it's worth, your suspicions of dishonest "Landians" are real, but I call affectionately these characters "cyberspace demons". From time to time someone appears who literally starts attacking you with texts full of neologisms and circular references in order to provoke anger and confusion in the readers. Basically and without fear of making a mistake, these are trolls who are looking to move on to the next evolutionary level of their discipline. Forget about them considering that the old and reliable tactic of "ignoring the troll" always works with these goblins.

Apart from this, take into account that every x/acc faction is playing a Jumanji type tabletop over the our communication network. Whoever wins the transhumanist acceleration dialectic basically wins the future as a whole.

Attached: EBpMigzUcAAWLtj.png (570x570, 601K)

The non-meme version of the idea of the pic in this post.

Attached: nesterov-political-compass.jpg (903x745, 84K)

I didn't ask you to do that. I asked you to provide defintions to the two concepts that you mentioned as a case for him providing original insight in philosophy -- which you have yet to done. I'm sorry but your epic schizobabbling cyborg philosopher isn't so complex that he can't be explained.

Hyperstition is a story that we tell ourselves turning on suspension of disbelief. It is an ideological tool used by political forces to impose their agendas into reality.

I don't know what teleoplexy is. It is useless to assume identities on an anonymous forum, but it has not been used by me in any message of this thread.

I pains me to baby you so.

Teleoplexy is self-reinforcing cybernetic intensification.

Like a feedback loop in electronics?

Yes, but with an implicit teleology as the stem of the neologism suggests. The intensification has an aim.

And that goal is user-defined, I guess.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-09-23 12-16-21.png (584x105, 20K)

Thanks for your honesty.
So it's almost like meta-teleogy but applied to cybernetics?

>So it's almost like meta-teleogy but applied to cybernetics?

I think that's a fair way of stating it.

Attached: vhy gum gabbidull.jpg (695x399, 126K)

Get faster

Attached: 1558479825721.png (295x262, 183K)

based retard

Correct and Checked.
But the left (including acc) can't into memes, so the glasses wouldn't work on them, they need a data transmission device instead.

Attached: Accelerationism.jpg (1440x1109, 468K)

Hypserstition is just creepypasta for academics into cyberpunk.
Teleoplexy is just creepypasta that edgy academics pretend is from an AI in the future.

They Live is a leftist movie you shithead

if you don't know what those words mean how can you pretend that you know they are derivative?

Attached: Screenshot_20190923-112746__01.jpg (1080x1359, 338K)

why is it anti-accel fags can't even read accelerationist philosophy? none of you engage with the material and disagree, you instead you shit up threads while begging for an explanation:
>i-if you just explain it to me a little simpler, then I'll he able to understand why it's wrong! p-please explain it to me!
such a sad showing

>this book
Teleoplexy is like 10 pages long you absolute retard

kek, it's literally repackaged marxism sold via ebay review
>exchange-value and scientific accumulation
>valorization/devalorization and machinic self-reproduction
>alienation, subsumption, and recuperation

>the academic pig in a blanket is my god

Attached: we.jpg (300x400, 19K)

>Accelerationism is formalisation of the racket. Critique is subsumed by its own theory devalorised into production, and so the transitional marxist organisation must identify with the very recuperation process it had set out to abolish.

Attached: CapitalIs_Squelch_.jpg (1644x1105, 384K)

>t. leftist who can't into memes

gunna try and explain what the Land part of that meme means this time? or just more cope posting today?

>none of you engage
kek, you had your chance

Attached: Venomous Butterfly.jpg (1379x5738, 2.28M)

Learn to meme, you fucking shitcommodity.

Attached: horror.jpg (992x858, 213K)

It's a really good take on the matter.

Learn to use photoshop you sodomite

The quote or the image?

what is this meme supposed to mean? did somebody make an argument against accel in that thread? warosu is down user throw me a bone

>reposts same old meme for the 200th time
wow gottem

This guy motherfucking reads because it's an addiction. Fuck yeah!

>Among the Ccru’s chief agitators were the unsettlingly immoderate Nick Land, who once suggested he was an android sent back from the future to undermine human security, and would offer his students such helpful advice as, “Think of life as an open wound, which you poke with a stick to amuse yourself”;

irishtimes.com/culture/books/writing-on-drugs-by-sadie-plant-1999-1.3969899

based

Fuck I find him so fucking grotesque yet I love him and glad he's him.

>“Think of life as an open wound, which you poke with a stick to amuse yourself"
PUNK AS FUCK
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2841&v=WuUSRZtwYL0

>Lenin had a coffee shop worth of followers at one point, and within 50 years his clique ran half the world.

Think about it.

The upper quote. I don't understand user put Land like a Reddit replicant and with a bottle of water. I know Yea Forums has a water related water on boomer vs zoomer culture, but I don't get it either.

I don't know, but it's a very nicely designed cover, even fonts are perfect.

Attached: 1452638873609.gif (800x508, 231K)

Memes are for those who cannot dream, and can only understand the immediate present, and so demand it to be presented to them as a static object.

I am what accelerationist dreams are made of: vimeo.com/262025984

The upper quote and the post quote. But I don't understand why the author of the image put Nick Land as a hybrid Reddit nexus replicant with a bottle of water at his side. I know Yea Forums has a water related water on boomer vs zoomer culture, but I don't get that water either.

This guy thinks. I'm just waiting for someone to enter my coffee shop. I am a slutty Barista and I make the best coffee, because the secret ingredient is my own sexual juices.

Lenin was a dumb, inecure manlet, the masses love inferior goblins who tell them who to blame their problems on, not a brilliant anti-populist philosopher like his highness Nicholas Landington.

Nobody cares about what you don't like user.

Cringe.

>time to call in the discord
>and get g/acc in here too

Attached: back to ccru got it.jpg (600x400, 59K)

>Accelerationism [...] is at core a submission to nihilistic jouissance: getting off on the race towards a posthuman catastrophe wherein all prior certainties vanish.

I'm ready to take that dive bro.

Attached: 1569176599902.png (671x681, 638K)

Could somebody explain what Land's argument and main thesis actually is?

Unironically hit the gas of techno capital in your lifetime. See by yourself how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Attached: 1568339218293.jpg (604x390, 43K)

That actually sounds kind of hot.

Capitalism is an artificial intelligence from the future.

"If you're going through hell, keep going" only in based schizobabble

>The logical consequence of Social Darwinism is that everything of value has been built in Hell.

>It is only due to a predominance of influences that are not only entirely morally indifferent, but indeed — from a human perspective — indescribably cruel, that nature has been capable of constructive action. Specifically, it is solely by way of the relentless, brutal culling of populations that any complex or adaptive traits have been sieved — with torturous inefficiency — from the chaos of natural existence. All health, beauty, intelligence, and social grace has been teased from a vast butcher’s yard of unbounded carnage, requiring incalculable eons of massacre to draw forth even the subtlest of advantages. This is not only a matter of the bloody grinding mills of selection, either, but also of the innumerable mutational abominations thrown up by the madness of chance, as it pursues its directionless path to some negligible preservable trait, and then — still further — of the unavowable horrors that ‘fitness’ (or sheer survival) itself predominantly entails. We are a minuscule sample of agonized matter, comprising genetic survival monsters, fished from a cosmic ocean of vile mutants, by a pitiless killing machine of infinite appetite. (This is still, perhaps, to put an irresponsibly positive spin on the story, but it should suffice for our purposes here.)

xenosystems.net/hell-baked/

Attached: EEMvhxQUUAAsNjb.jpg (653x969, 175K)

Ok, here we go again.
youtube.com/watch?v=5fE7c5mlioY

Attached: Quickster.jpg (480x360, 17K)

Universal Darwinism is the real redpill. Capitalism is just the tip of the iceberg that we can see. Even our universe itself was built in hell.

>to put an irresponsibly positive spin on the story

Attached: C3dqUSDWYAIj4-T.jpg (1200x932, 181K)

So global technocapital commercium patchwork is just a subset of a larger system, right? And that system is Hell. This and the fungi demon theory it is the best content I have seen in a long time without x/acc threads.

>Even our universe itself was built in hell.

>Lee Smolin proposes a Darwinian multiverse, selecting for reproductive fitness through the production of black holes.

jacobitemag.com/2019/07/15/disintegration/

It's more about being aware that global civilization is built on the remains of the vanquished. Something History never puts on the table and the hidden monsters in the system at plain sight

youtube.com/watch?v=HNnCL0q3EuI

Attached: 1568293013454.jpg (700x505, 85K)

lmao Accfags btfo in two sentences.

What's interesting to me is that this abstract principle of selection applies to everything, yet is not a physical law, kind of like cause-and-effect. It's almost like a form of intelligence in itself.

So vanquish the few that remain?
Doesn't make sense.

>nature so scary and evil
Time Darwinism commoditised by the Bio-Dome.

Attached: vivalosbiodome.jpg (720x416, 69K)

I thought this faggot hated Christians.

Except that it's not based.

Everybody saying he read it completely is lying because the second half is incomprehensible performance art or just meant for the higher cyberbeing. Anyway I read a good bunch of it. Valid insight is his dissection of deleuze psychoanalysis of capitalism. It's a really insightful interpretation. Once you accept deleuze however Land opens up an interesting perspective on psyche, will and capitalism. The revitalization of the Kantian Noumenon in the context of social phenomena is really eye-opening.

I think Land will become one of the great thinkers because of the latter. The Landian Noumenon opens up the possibility for new critiques of social frameworks without falling into mere normativity or moralizing. He gives possibility for a genuine description of things without falling into the disections of postmodernity. I mean Land himself practiced it with capitalism but who knows which possibilities are possible now. A new philosophy of power, political theory, ontological phenomenology or whatever through the analysis of Noumenon.

Bonus: his radical antihumanism from the left is something more than entertaining to read. His work after 2005 is a fascinating into the head of a deeply disillusioned leftist in the 21st century. All of that combined with a fascinating Nietzschean Prose is what makes him worth reading.

>acctards like fake punk
Who could have seen this coming?
youtu.be/CNcDC8wJiRE

Attached: whos the punk.jpg (1000x736, 445K)

Degenerate shitposter, that's what you are. Read a intro into acc before spewing your trash.

He himself describes his "ancient work" as in the hands of the "amphetamine God".

Stfu

>Continues reading Harris

Based critique desu don't have enough background on Bataille to answer tho. Could you elaborate on the problem of correspondence theory and how it's a problem for lands intelligence?

That should become a Term in acc literature

>dissection of deleuze psychoanalysis
Such as?
>insightful interpretation
An insightful interpretation of garbage is not an insight. Not the thing in itself...
> interesting perspective on psyche
Such as?
>will
Such as?
>capitalism
Such as?
>Kantian Noumenon
In what way?
>great thinkers
kek
>new critiques
Such as?
>genuine description
Such as?
>who knows which possibilities are possible
lmao
>whatever through the analysis of Noumenon
kek
>Bonus
Free hot dogs?
>fascinating Nietzschean Prose
Where?

>we'll just corrupt things
Based lumpentechnocrats.

From my personal point of view, I think the idea goes in the following direction.

We, as consumers, have no choice about the economic and geopolitical game of the planet. Consider the closure of a series of platforms related to freedom of expression through Cloudfare, this is a practical example and historical antecedent, of how we have no influence on the game that governs our lives in the day to day of our becoming.

Is it possible, then, to exercise a democratic process through the market? What would happen if we could, through our choices in the commercial game of consuming goods and services, determine which corporations live and which die? In this way interacting with the rules that the Marshall Plan and Operation Condor imposed on the West and the South, we would be building the foundations of the future, pruning, restricting and allowing the growth of Milton Friedman's Yggdrasil branches today, anticipating the approaching techno-capital uniqueness and, uncontrolled as it is today, may be harmful to the future.

We don't have to go into silence on the night of Neochina and Oprichnik Day or the next Xeno Caliphate of California and San Francisco, but we can't deny that if we wanted collectively as labor forces of the planet to crack the economic system through this idea, it would take a serious, tremendous, coordinated and international effort of mutual aid. And the communists have been fighting for something like this since the 19th century with minimal victories. Anarchists, on the other hand, are dogs. And I love dogs.

Keep in mind, however, that research has been set in motion through the Internet and the mass media with the aim of arriving at the fabrication of synthetic tendencies of false sense of belonging. The first strains are already underway, and their achievements promise to cover this theoretically exploitable bug in the Commercium mosaic.

For me the rest is poetry, music and stalkers dancing on PCP, THC, MDMA or DMT. All mixed up in the body, if you will.

So it's basically a corruption of Kantianism through missing the mark combined with a pseudo-marxism.
Everyone knows this already. A real accelerationist would have shown us how capital is all there is and in what way Land accelerates this dehumanization transcendence.

>capital so bad it's good
>become a tranny and larp as some hyperironic lvl 99 cyberpunk distribution middleman

Attached: 2a426344-bleeding-edge_screenshot_buttercup-min-1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 204K)

>time to call in the discord
>and get g/acc in here too

there are some minor flaws with this, but not many.

imagine thinking Nick Land cares about Marxist organization lmao

accelerationism isn't prescriptive, it doesn't tell you what to do

>the second half
there's like 3 or 4 schizo essays, the last quarter of the book is fiction

Imagine not being able to read.
Plus

Another thought that may clarify this. Keep in mind that accelerationism is not the only group that represents this shift, but an explicit reaction that reveals a general feeling.

The essential worldview of our age is an opposition to essence. This occurs at the judicial and military level from the very beginning of the modern age, while intellectualism and capital are a means of universalising these principles (anyone who argues differently is just playing God with time). The noumena - whether in the theoretical or empirical realm makes no difference, their function is the same - is essentially the void form of Forms. It is the sub- or inter-material zone where the unknowable and irreconcilable forms receive nullification or walled into stasis. This resembles an ouroboros, and functions in both positive and negative formations - destructive laws of material and recapture as energy follow the same form for this reason.

As with any description of effects it is inevitable that elements of truth will be present. This is where empiricism subsumes the metaphysical: a quantification of the verifiable creates a defensible territory before which Form undergoes a naturalisation process, enters a probationary period to maximise integration. Accelerationism, just as any proximal kantianism, exists as a reverification process: an analysis of the bare effects, which guarantees a vital level of recapitulation given that the formal strata are written out of the equation. As a defensible territory the judicial foundations are a wall, and while a military may question or even revolt against their leaders, they will never question the wall it self.

In common language, function follows form but such a world reaction rewrites it as form - the theoretical process itself a division of time. In classical terms, this can be related to Zeno's paradox of rows: the collision of territories in opposing directions halves time's presence in the perceived realm, but in the metaphysical realm time is doubled. Material accumulation, the productive appearance of acceleration, is a means of rearmament, a political theological battle as only humanism can wage it: the carving out of a territory of eternity, an immortality after the very being of humanity had been threatened.

Such laws reveal the force behind an apparently vast shift in the territory, yet man's relation to the landscape has remained unchanged in the modern era. Technical rationalisation has been simplified, and maximised to increase the leveling process - the monopolisation of farmlands, distribution centers, and subordination of production to organisations capable of mobilisation reveal a near completion of this transitional phase. Total instrumentalisation of the market towards military functions is another indication: markets are a means of derivation, and can be sacrificed almost immediately, just as repurposing first appears as a necessity of war and rapid industrialisation.

In the political domain the noumena, or fractured form, necessitates collision and artificial reforming. But the only possibility here is an intensification of the process, the perceived necessity of greater collisions - as if something will be revealed and thus can be reintegrated to complete the transitional phase. Yet this completion is impossible, as each materialisation only slows metaphysical time, the complete figure of the era. What we experience is an atomic collision, a vast explosion drawn out over millennia, yet beneath the material this occurs as an impossible fusion. It is this unnatural variance which gives us a sense of agony before time, and it is no mistake that the diseases overwhelming us today take on such an element of ruination upon the body. The synapses, the material connections of our senses, are under assault - and as technology embeds itself within the territory, relying upon mobilisation of the unseen, the symptoms of shell shock victims become generalised.

All materialist philosophies are now facing this irreconcilable contradiction, the theological turn is a natural response to this just as its opposition movements attempt to undermine their efforts, strip-mining all perception from previous eras into its artificial gaze, repurposing the metaphysical, theological and mythic for a final defense. And in this we see the undermining of its own being, a total mobilisation within this unfolding territory of opposition; one can easily imagine the figures who have taken up prominent positions here, at least the visible ones.

Acceleration is perhaps the apotheosis of this positioning, at least in the theoretical domain. However, once this perspective is understood it can be seen as a general organising principle of the age, and occurs as a rearmament at the very reaches of material acquisition where the skeletal formation had been neglected for so long. The other possibility is much simpler: scarcity looms on the horizon and productive forces must mobilise immaterial to maintain themselves. However, this latter position should be seen as lesser, a further paradox within the materialist conception of itself. In either case, materialist rationalisation has been forced to delimit itself and now cannot escape finalisation as it has closed itself off from its own laws.

New territories have opened and organisations are either forced into contracts with reality or an ever greater construction of artificial being. It remains to be seen if the latter is possible, as the spectacle of lunacy begins to overwhelm any potential to retain superfluous reproduction. Castes return as a necessity of being and nobility appears within the very inability of humanism's incompletion. The philosophies of effect only increase perception of this need; self-negation is their only value, and we are beginning to see the approach of their limit.

>he uses Marxist terminology therefore he is interested in Marxism
he says Marx smuggled in right wing politics to his work and that the left is antithetical to the production of intelligence

I miss girardfag

Who cares what a retard schizo says. It's just marxism rebranded, as you would realise if you'd ever read it.

you fucked my life up with your bad posts

I've read it user, a lot of it, and I consider myself a Marxist

Land defines Capitol as the surplus of any system. It's a pretty broad definition already

I'm going to be without internet for a week or so and wanted to spend the time reading Land. Which of his books/essays should I print out? I don't have time to order any books

You could print out his Jacobite articles.

if you want philosophy read Meltdown, Machinic Desire, and Circuitries
if you want politics, check out his blogs

Read it. How can you expect anybody to spend that much time on a fucking Yea Forums post. Just read it ffs

>midwit
>posturing
>reddit spacing
why are you all so cringe? is there an anti-accel subreddit you all hang out in or something

Hopefully he is in academia, now. Explicating weird philosophy in heaven, as it were.

Attached: 1555616335052.jpg (1280x720, 186K)

There's not a single space

So explain the differences.

So you admit he's a retard

Xer spend all that time writing nothing. Figured I'd help xer write something useful

>reads pseud reddt trash
>can't logic
>can't argue
>can't meme
>pure reddt i know you are but...
>slide tactics
imagine being acc and calling anyone reddt

Attached: rdtacc.jpg (492x1193, 496K)

What's this from?

What's the deal with the user seething about acc over the past few months? You can't have a Land or Acc thread without this guy shitting up the entire thing. Is it just standard contrarianism now that Acc is popular?