What school of philosophy advocates living chiefly for yourself and your own gain...

What school of philosophy advocates living chiefly for yourself and your own gain, leaving considerations of utilitarian consciousness and "the greater good" behind?

Attached: 1565527033988.png (900x615, 718K)

judaism

Epicureanism? Kind of.

Nietzsche

sounds like run of the mill modernism, consumerism, liberalism, atheism.
The kids call it YOLO philosophy.

Edgism.

Unreasonable individualism. Found in a variety of idiot ideals from one degree or another. Rand comes to mind

Atheism has no such ideas about it

Hedonism

Ethical egoism.

This^
Living the selfish hedonist lifestyle is the default atheist outlook, even if not explicitly stated by the atheist.

How many fat guys in hats are in that folder of yours?

Stirner

Most brands of ethical egoism, i guess.

Yeah sure, you aren't trolling at all... :3

Which is to say, if you are at least half-trolling, it actually is pretty funny :3

I think you'd do something like that

I've been thinking about something similar to this topic and I think I have a very narrow view. Would like to hear what you non-aspies think about this:
Every organism acts primarily in its own interests (conscious or not) unless it's some deviant that lacks the will to preserve itself. People who truly and honestly behave "selflessly" do so either unconsciously and instinctually (empathy), or just as a result of having been taught some form of "what goes around comes around."
So everyone is always taking the course of action that is the most beneficial to them, or that which their instict compels them to take (i.e. what they unconsciously want); the difference between "selfless" and "selfish" is how conscious the person is about that.

You don't have to read "philosophy" to justify you being a wanker.

Attached: 1548242372599.jpg (450x299, 11K)

Junger anarch-ism
Stirner egoism
Robert E. Howard barbarianism (I'm serious)

>chiefly
Cheifly, but not exclusively? In a way, Stirner. But he's someone who you should read if you expect to grow, not if you just expect to get what you want or an excuse for it.

Financial capitalism.

Also this

You aren't going to do shit. You're either going to act in your self interest or not. Trying to adopt a philosophy isn't going to change shit because you will still be a scared little bitch regardless.

Machiavellism?

You must have read the Snuffleupagus amidst the cranium

Well it depends
If you're rich then capitalism
Otherwise then you have to resort to some form of utilitarianism
There is such thing as let's give op money because its in his best interest