What does Yea Forums think of Hölderlin?

Also can you guys help me organise Plato, Kant/Hegel, Jung and Heidegger into a coherent system of thought? Wagner is implicit.

Attached: Hölderlin.jpg (1200x1604, 128K)

Other urls found in this thread:

academia.edu/37072870/Translation_of_Hölderlin_Judgment_and_Being.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He finished philosophy in two pages
academia.edu/37072870/Translation_of_Hölderlin_Judgment_and_Being.pdf

Attached: 1480196594937.jpg (230x302, 15K)

Sounds cool but I'd replace Heidegger with someone more like Bacon or Newton so you don't imprison yourself in idealism

Read the first page, isn't that just Hegel? Forgive me if wrong as I have not read Hegel. And in what way does he finish philosophy? Still on the Greeks myself.

Fuck you I like my Idealism, besides only Kant, Hegel and Wagner can be seen as true idealists. Even then I'm not sure on Wagner.

Bro it happened to me too, it's not worth living in an enchanted forest anymore our epoch is diseased by the modern condition it's just not supportable to give sacrifice to tree spirits anymore. Idealism is cool but it's important to keep it contained lest your reality devours you. Scientific knowledge (extension of the sense perceptions) has decent truth content in it's own right.

Read Shapin's Scientific Revolution at least, criticizes science, includes Boyle Descartes Newton Bacon

Holderlin and Hegel were roommates

I like Descartes. Besides I never said that I believed in Idealism (it seems the most likely to me though), however I do accept metaphysics - especially in the case of the German idealists - to be a necessary emotive idealisation, and with that representation of what is most inner to man. Without this sense of 'other' and the entirety of what defines the meta-of the physical in defining itself(physic) man can have no meaning nor no true understanding. It's why someone like Epicurus could never state as much as Plato.

I am aware, are you implying something?

>
Sounds like you're on a good track to get into Jung then, his depth/symbolist psychology explodes idealism into totally numinous telestic madness of forethinking as an imminent unconscious within an empirical historical cultural context. Kind of a word vomit but it parcels out well

>Sounds like you're on a good track to get into Jung then, his depth/symbolist psychology explodes idealism into totally numinous telestic madness of forethinking as an imminent unconscious within an empirical historical cultural context. Kind of a word vomit but it parcels out well

Am actually a Jungian myself, though my views on metaphysics as a study have practically stayed the same since I was a mid teenager. Haven't read all of Jungs works but quite a few and am confused by what you mean when you speak of him this way. Maybe it's some of his works that I haven't read so would you care to explain?

Actually I think I know what you'r talking about, his Red Book right?

he, as other german poets like klopstock and novalis, managed to give a literary output to pietism. one enjoys their poetry if his sensibility leans towards transcendence, devotion, wonder. as for me, i can't tolerate such writings, filled with frat boy smiles, seraphic tones, imbecilic gazes and faux-ancient shrines. poetry must be solid and virile, while mysticism, for the intelligent ones, is an easy an temporary pleasure.
heidegger obvioulsy likes it because his philosophy is grounded on the same religious sentimentalism.
it's no coincidence that holderlin, heidegger, novalis all got very bad marks in mathematics during their school education.

Yeah I read liber novus but I borrowed some terms from other mysticism. I'm not too sure how to value a lot of philosophy for their stated purpose after reading Jung honestly. I read a bit of him but I haven't touched alchemy

>I also got horrible marks in mathematics during my school education
>I was also the best in the school at English and history
Does this mean I'm going to be the next Heidegger?

In reference to what you said about it being somewhat of a word spew, I dunno I found it all to be pretty coherent just very emotively abstract.

with meaningless writers as heiddeger success depends on random and occasional factors, so it doesn't really matter if your were good at english/history.
on an absolute level, that is regardless of success, your top marks were and are worthless if you couldn't do maths.

so who do you like

>on an absolute level, that is regardless of success, your top marks were and are worthless if you couldn't do maths.

why

>I am aware, are you implying something?
yeah dude they were fucking

Oh well that's true and we're all agreed so what do we talk about then? Now that we both don't have a thesis and antithesis to conflict upon together in our messageboard interactions, what do we do now? What do we talk about? Do we just ignore the lack of conflict we have and go somewhere else to yell at Christians or STEMposters?

But friend, we come too late. It's true that the gods live,
But up over our heads, up in a different world.
They function endlessly up there, and seem to care little
If we live or die, so much do they avoid us.
A weak vessel cannot hold them forever; humans can
Endure the fullness of the gods only at times. Therefore
Life itself becomes a dream about them.

Attached: 4c11c384379c7145b16bc58d234ff0c7.jpg (500x604, 85K)

you mean among poets? since i absolutely don't recommend translated poetry, i will mention just the english-speaking ones, even if im not a an english literature connoisseur.
apart from the three giants everyone knew at school (i mean shakespeare, milton and byron) my favorite ones are:
> pope, dryden
> thomson
> hardy
> eliot, marianne moore, auden, dylan thomas, robert graves

too long to explain. very briefly, at a young age only maths measures one's speculative talent. since poetry (in a broad meaning) must be the flower which blossoms over one's thought, and not its surrogate, your poetry is very probable to be bad (religious, pathetic, idyllic,...) if you had no talent for logical and solid thinking.

>bitter stemfag

Didn't think you were implying that but ok.

I am a Christian... You know what this means.

>I am a Christian... You know what this means.
ugh we have to exist again? See you on the fields of dialectical synthesis, my nemesis, for my rapier is sharp and razored as the whirlwind and silver tongue'd and flavored as truffles, deep into the earth my agicarian rhizome spreads to see all that I tear down with fire and storm

t. butthurt philistine deeming literature his refugium peccatorum and disciplinary compartmentation anything but a social convention.

Through the divine maniai either by prophetic madness according to Truth erotic madness according to Beauty or poetical madness according to divine Symmetry the philosophers soul is linked to the gods and this form of life is that of the ultimate mystical experience of the ultimate unification

lmao