Recommendations for a narrative focused on drug addiction

Recommendations for a narrative focused on drug addiction.

Attached: m1uacui3vuk01.png (1080x997, 711K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SPwaixIuTrU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: tomoko_faces_peterson.png (500x278, 161K)

He most certainly thought of dressing, and acting as a woman as some sort of Jungian harmonisation of duality's as the medicine men of the Eskimos would draw breasts on their clothes.

Attached: Psychology of the Uncnscious.jpg (324x499, 31K)

Confessions of an English Opium-Eater

Have you taken Shahada yet?

What is that even?

A Scanner Darkly

Infinite Jest

This might interest you if you want some slightly connected short stories. It's pretty hit or miss for most people that read it. I'm not the biggest fan of it but still got some enjoyment from it.

Attached: jesus' son.jpg (1678x2560, 538K)

What kind of "clinical psychologist" quits hard benzo usage cold turkey? This man is either the king of brainlets or a really tough mix of drama queen and attention whore

He's a typical boomer.

Trainspotting is good.

Junky by Burroughs is alright I guess.

just shit in your hands & start spreading it on the walls it's a better depiction of addiction than any amount of words could convey

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-20 'Clean up your room, clean up your life' guru Jordan Peterson in reh (897x323, 34K)

Mother Horse Eyes

FUCK OFF AND DIE

>Infinite Jest
this

this guy

Attached: william-s-burroughs127093988192759.jpg (586x518, 63K)

>jumping onto the "making fun of Peterson now that he is vulnerable"
go to hell
youtube.com/watch?v=SPwaixIuTrU

>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T MAKE FUN OF MY LOBSTER DADDY FIGURE
christ the absolute STATE of this board

Slit your wrists

Yeah, why should we be reasonable? We should be more like /pol/ - the best board on this site, and act like bunch of schizo retards all the time.

a man that thought that his mumbo jumbo carnivore diet 'cured' his depression and not the handful of drugs he was downing on a daily basis. his worthless daughter makes thousands of dollars by telling people to only eat meat because of the same reason. meanwhile in this video she also mentions she was on medication, and most likely still is. she only feeds her toddler meat. no vitamin c (necessary in the synthesis of some neurotransmitters, antioxidant) plus insane amounts of oxidation, especially for a toddler. it's gonna be an interesting experiment, might actually die from a heart attack in infancy

literal leftist propaganda "memes" facebook page tier sense of humour

rehab your penis bucko

Jesus Zizek really went hard on this one huh

Wait a second...
This is Yea Forums and not Yea Forums. Didn't notice from the posts.

Based

Attached: based.2020maga.jpg (674x674, 73K)

really distasteful

He's a hyper-individualist, his entire philosophy is predicated on concentrating on the individual and not succumbing to any form of collectivism. He says you need to take responsibility for the things in your life.

So that means, at least according to his own reasoning, that this benzo withdrawal syndrome is ALL HIS FAULT! Can't be blamed on ANYTHING else, but his own person. Why should I feel sympathy for another individual that caused their own misery?

Just because someone believes that they caused their own misery doesn't mean they did.

Of course, I'm just being consistent with his reasoning.

>hyper-individualist
>gets married
>has children
no, he's only individualistic insofar as it satisfies his shallow tribal behavior. you think he's trying to stack so much money just for him? No. He feels the narcissistic need of trying to grab as much money as possible for his OWN family and no one else. He follows a contradictory belief in 'metaphysical continuation' (i.e. his 'person' will live on) via physical, biological continuation (i.e. his genes will live on). This is is the absolute norm when it comes to those holding largely Christian beliefs, mainly because of the general lines stemming from the cosmogony that they follow. Christian metaphysics are linear; souls are not ever 'reborn'. This gives much importance to the material-existential status. For example, your father and your mother really ARE, even metaphysically speaking, your father and your mother, because by the very nature of the Christian faith they can't be anything else. All of this isn't the case, for example, with someone holding platonic/neo-platonic metaphysical beliefs, which are only interested in the human as an abstraction; family, race, sex, etc. have no meaning in this system.

Well of course he's tribalistic. I just wanted to point out how wrong his prescriptions were. He tells everyone else to be individualistic while he himself is a tribalist.

What was the point of differentiating between Christian metaphysics and Platonism/Neoplatonism?

>What was the point of differentiating between Christian metaphysics and Platonism/Neoplatonism?
Just wanted to point out an inherent flaw with Christian metaphysics/cosmogony which most often makes people act and direct their lives in certain ways that are completely devoid of any substance.

*I should say that people act/direct their lives in those ways mainly because it brings them pleasure. Christianity doesn't 'make' them do it, they just appeal to it when they want to appear as not having a shallow metaphysical credo.

I get it now. Neoplatonism is definitely superior to Christianity. Too bad Peterson's fans will never read Plotinus.

Do some drugs

Agony by Philip K. Dick is one of my favorites. Author himself was addicted do it adds to the story.

>purports himself strong enough to face yaldabaoth
>incessant about looking for the absolute in the immanent as a duty
>can't even take the most pedestrian tragedies without becoming a junkie

Attached: index.jpg (224x224, 6K)