How is your prayer life?

how is your prayer life?
have you had any success in your spiritual life this week?
what have been your struggles?

Attached: christ.jpg (1100x2127, 396K)

i felt the lords presence in the eucharist

I’m mostly dragged down by laziness and procrastination. I’ve been mostly free from sexual urges this week, which has been nice.

countenance is increasing. I can steadily see much more clearly my shortcomings; even during prayer I "fall" and am affected by it. but being more aware doesn't mean that I'm more close to God, just that I see my faults much better; which for a unfocused mind and/or will can make you behave worse if your soul is off.

I feel that church/community prayer is important too, but as as the message goes: "But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen", I'm strongly starting to suspect that communal work may function properly only for monks or for communities who are strongly into Christian life. Otherwise, you get this bad vibe that people are praying only for others to see them; or worse - for them themselves to see them pray and thus self-reflect unknowingly unto their saintness (and thus sin)

stay strong anons. praying is the only thing we TRULY have

I'm always baffled by the grace of God in this blessed sacrament!

I go back and forth about converting to catholicism (I'm lutheran) but I could never go to a church that doesn't recognize the true presence of Christ in the eucharist.

You win some you lose some. Lust is the biggest obstacle in my faith and I can relate to your relief.

I feel the community aspect is still important, most people I know at my parish are the ones who go to mass to pray in communion with everyone else not to be seen by everyone else

I don't know how to pray, maybe I'm just not putting enough effort into it, don't know

It was my first time going to Mass and I wasnt paying super close attention to the prayer being said at the moment as I was reading the missal trying to make sure I was following along in the correct place. And then when the priest said "amen" I felt this overwhelmingly strong presence enter the room and I realized what just happened.

Not literature
Enjoy your vacation

Attached: 7109C96D-E616-4DDE-80F7-3E180528B281.jpg (848x800, 80K)

start with the Lord's prayer

it is a model for praying that contains

praise of God
thanksgiving for all the grace you have been given by God
asking for forgiveness of your shortcomings
petition for what your heart and soul needs

remember: there are infinite forms of prayer and it doesnt have to be kneeling and saying the words

I suggest starting with the Lord's prayer, maybe do some Gloria Patri's every now and then

also it can be a form of meditation. just like closing your eyes and focusing your mind on the cross, the glory of God or any aspect of God you feel drawn to

Is prayer similar to mediation?

Prayed the Rosary the last three nights and I feel good lads.

I spent a month with my gf and didn't pray since I was in constant state of mortal sin, but now I feel renewed. I am reading Augustine's Confessions as well and he truly speaks to me. These difficulties he went through are truly timeless.

I bough a book about Catholic prayers and I've been praying some of them, I'm trying to get into a habit of praying before and after dinner. I also plan to start going to church every day when I am more ready spiritually.

Sometimes I dream of throwing everything away and joining a monastery, I am sick of the awful people who fill the world. I want no part with them. I know I am no better, but I simply cannot stand most people.

Say 10 Hail Mary's with your eyes closed. Picture her face, her purity, her beauty, her radiance.

This is a literature board.

>I also plan to start going to church every day when I am more ready spiritually.

Remember: we are so blessed that the church is open at all times for prayer in front of the tabernacle, which means you are literally praying in the presence of Christ.

>I am sick of the awful people who fill the world. I want no part with them. I know I am no better, but I simply cannot stand most people

This is sin and I too suffer from it. I find that it helps that chipping away at it piece by piece. For me it's been to try to keep cash on me to give to homeless people, and perhaps try to talk to them for a bit. Also, I've been watching these really hedonistic reality shows. It made me develop a sense of tenderness and love for the people who I would normally dismiss as vulgar, stupid and shallow.

Thank you anons, I'll try. Although I think the problem might be in me. There is doubt deep down within my heart and maybe that's the reason as well, I should focus on more theology readings maybe

Imagine dedicating so much time to intimating your velleities to an unseen being you refer to the entire vocation as a "life".

Attached: RbqVuDk.jpg (479x720, 44K)

How is this not literature related?

Our lives are grounded in the word of God, and all other writings derive out of it.

The whole point of literature is to describe the the human condition, which in theological terms is referred to as the Fall.

Yes I'm sure William Burroughs had the Bible in mind while writing Naked Lunch. I'm sure his life was grounded in the "Word of God". I mean I'm a Christian but surely you realize how preposterous these statements are.

Σkάσε τραβέλι

>Yes I'm sure William Burroughs had the Bible in mind while writing Naked Lunch

He probably didn't. But I reiterate my point: all great literature have in common that it describes in a profound way what it means to be human, yes? And the bible and thousands of years of wisdom and tradition, as well as our own individual life experience, teach us that the reason for our shortcomings, or the human condition, is the Fall. We were simply not created to live in this world under these circumstances, but rather to live with God, and our separation from God is what creates the space and need for great literature.

Whether or not the author realizes this or not is irrelevant.

Been reciting one psalm per day, then writing a short commentary on it on a diary to help me meditate on each psalm. I get informations from the net to help in the interpretation. Also been trying to get back to 1 Rosary per day But It's hard; I was getting actually happy and succesfull when I managed to do It so the Powers and Principalities had to fucking set It up so that I was tempted to stop and haven't been letting me since Then.

can you at least try to make threads related to literature

The Christian religion is the hearth of western civilization and inspired 100% of It's best litterature, either by the Love or the Hate it inspired.