I just can't enjoy books...

I just can't enjoy books , there is nothing wrong with my attention i can pick up a 400 page book and read it in 4 days but i get no enjoyment out of it.
I much rather watch a film.or a tv series

Attached: 1532431303299.jpg (750x1000, 67K)

then its simple, you don't enjoy fucking books you enjoy films/cinema go to fucking Yea Forums i'm tired of seeing threads like this.
>What to do if I can't read?
>What to do with no attention span?\
>What to do if I don't enjoy reading??
>Movies are just books and music combined
Shut the fuck up and get the fuck off Yea Forums you obviously don't enjoy reading and just want to pull it off so you can please yourself with this stigma that you "read books" your a "literary person" gtfo.

Are you reading or are you "reading"
Maybe you're reading stuff you're not interested in. No one can trick you into liking something, if you've exhausted your options reading then go do something else

That's your problem, you look at the number of pages and force yourself into reading. I went through the same whenever I tried to read anything from the charts. Thankfully now I've developed a taste. It's simple, just grab another book.

drink more

No the thing is i'm not try to shit on Yea Forums people , i genuinely want to enjoy this stuff. I feel like i'm missing on a wealth of content and it's driving me mad

Imaginationlet

Balance it out. Watch a movie and read a short story, then you can try with a novel and a short movie or tv episode.

This when someone is describing something my mind just filters out the adjectives and focuses on the plot or the dialogue, all prose is meaningless to me

Maybe you aren't reading books that you enjoy and you fell for the "Start with the Greeks" and "literary canon" pseud memes.
>I much rather watch a film.or a tv series

You are a brainlet, go back and watch Avengers.

Learn to sage you retarded faggot.

>Fell for
pseud

ignore Yea Forums and read genre fiction

Cope.

What books have you been reading?
Some books are just bad dude.

Genetically fucked up dopamine receptors.
There is no cure. You could start enjoying less exciting things if you go a week or two without watching tv or browsing the internet, but if you you start again the brain will re-adapt and you will no longer enjoy less exciting things

First 10 pages of pic related

Attached: 41Pql5-yVOL._SX355_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (357x499, 17K)

Are you implying that everyone who reads does not use the internet ?

Precisely. Why do you think we're all here?

No, I'm implying that a subset of the population has a problem with their dopamine receptors caused by genetics

Do you know about the author? He was a depressed suicidal cunt. You are also dealing with a translation from Japanese. I would try with another book.

I feel like I read slow as fuck. Lately I've been reading Jung's essays and philosophy but it can take me an hour to get through 10 pages. I do smoke pot often and I do know I read slower when I'm not sober but it's been a problem for me since I was young. Im in uni now and it really concerns me because I have to manage my time effectively. That and I've had books on my bucket list for literally years that I haven't gotten around to because I've been in a terrible slump with my family and my mental health and the procrastenation has put me way further back then I should be in terms of reading experience. I'm only 20 but it already feels like I'm running out of time.

Audiobooks fixed this for me desu

>that guy who gets "pissed off" with poor quality posts on Yea Forums but never makes any good threads/posts himself

It's not genetic. Read Nicholas Carr

Why the fuck are you telling us this? You fucking chatty cunt, learn to keep the autistic shit like this to yourself

REEE COG IGNITION, AUTISM ON, TELL PEOPLE MY USELESS THOUGHS.

So go watch TV, dumbass

try reading philosophy, its like fiction but cuts to the chase