/fit/ here

Hello Yea Forums, /fit/ here! It doesn't matter who I am. The winter months are coming, it's getting dark and depressing so I'd like to invite you all for round 2 of /fitlit/! Head on over and let's enjoy each other's company.

Attached: fitbit.png (1080x750, 431K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ty5zJdPrqys
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm planning on picking up running as a hobby, any tips?

What's a good /fit/ lunch/dinner regimen which will help me reduce my BF? I'm working out 6 times per week in between reading sessions but I'm getting big but flabby, I want to get leaner. Not even shredded, just into the 14-15% bf range.

Not a runner myself, just make sure you don't do it when overweight, it'll fuck up your knees. If really overweight; diet and swimming. It'll keep the pressure off and it's fun. Just realise progress is progress and it gets easier and easier.

Calories are most important when losing weight, find something that works for you and keeps you satiated. Since you work out, you want to have a focus on protein, which is filling and not that high in kcals luckily.

Cardio kills gains

Eat less faggit

People have a lot of success with intermittent fasting - most commonly done by skipping breakfast & lunch or dinner. Might also have some mental and longevity benefits

I’ve been chronically underweight pretty much my whole life. I eat relatively healthily, cooking my own food most of the time, eating kale salads with dinner, and I can pretty much pig out on anything when I want, as long as it’s not all the time. But no matter what I eat I’m always underweight and look like I’m malnourished or something. I even regularly eat carbs with absolutely no qualms about how much I intake since it never affects me physically.

Not fat, and not out for gains. Just want to become leaner. I think running should do the trick.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ty5zJdPrqys

I used to go to the gym when I was 16, but it got really boring after a couple of years.
Now I do boxing which is way more exhausting and is actually fun.
It's much more useful too. The aesthetics don't compare though, but they're alright.

I just had an appendectomy so I can only do cardio for now. =/

hey book fags, suck my girth.

hahaha weak ass nerds, get fucked. read a book about how gay you are (your diary). hahahahahahha fuck you

I call bullshit, running is the oldest and most natural form of exercise there is

Who's the most /fit/ writer?

Did you watch it, what exactly do you disagree with?

mishima

who else?

Goethe, read his autopsy report

If you keep to cardio (running for ~0.5 mile to a mile at various paces daily with a sub 2000 cal diet how quickly does Yea Forums think I can get lean

You should follow a half marathon/10k training plan. It'll lay out a few months of incremental increases in distance without overdoing it and it'll hold you accountable. Running is the best, it can be very meditative over about 3 miles

Runners don't have good physiques, running wears down your ligaments, burns few calories and catabolizes muscle if you do too much of it.

If you want a lean physique you need to lift weights, eat a high protein diet and cut calories

So you suggest what as an alternative? I just started jogging and this is deflating to hear, although I'm not going to go off of anecdotal anonymous comments 100%. I'm fasting 18/6 and thinking about giving keto a try. Should I say "fuck keto" and just fast, watch calories and do some ole thenics?

I just want to run until I’m as lean as I used to be—then I’ll slow down on that and starting lifting full time. Will this work?

The problem with keto is it's low protein and you don't focus on get the proper nutrition you need from animal products (meat, fish, liver, cheese are the most nutritious) and vegetables like spinach, red peppers, blueberries, etc. and instead usually eat lots of bacon and eggs because those are the only things with a keto macro-nutrient composition.

If you do a calisthenics routine (pushups, chinups, and squats) 3 days a week and then add running on top for some further aerobic conditioning you can get a great physique. Running isn't useless, people just think its the best thing you can do to improve your health and strength training is a supplement for advanced atheletes when in reality the opposite is true. The greatest quality of life improvements and longevity and general health benefits are obtained in the shortest amount of time through strength training. Further aerobic conditioning on top gives further marginal benefits.

Calisthenics is a decent substitute for barbell strength and conditioning in the absence of equipment but barbell strength training remains the most time-effective way to improve general health.

Lol no, just eat less.

You dont need excersise to get lean, just eat less

the easiest way to get lean is to do stuff like calisthenics and hill sprints, while eating a meat/vegetable diet. You can have carbs too just focus on meat/vegetables.

Bump

eat less faggot

Why is /fit/'s taste in books so bad?

Does /fit/ have a taste in books? The only book I see recommended around there is Starting Strength.

They have a hard on for Aurelius, he will come up in any tangentially related book thread

Well, I think the meditations are fine.

As a former skelly, you think you are eating way more than you actually are. I won't debate that you feel full but there is no way you are eating enough to get bigger. Don't just do it to be a fatass so you should lift as well. It will cure the lanklet syndrome. Try tracking calories exactly for a week and see how much you are really getting. After that, eat slightly more each day until you build up an appetite. I promise you are just eating too little. Your metabolism is not special.

>Your metabolism is not special.
I didn't say it was. Back when I was a freshman in college, I even gained the most weight I had ever been, around 10 pounds more than my average weight, but I ate really badly that year, and then years later I gave up soda, and I rarely drink beer.

Today, I basically eat one large meal a day at dinner, and I might snack on cheese, nuts and dried fruit between meals, or otherwise eat other fruit. I know the stomach stretches or contracts overtime depending on how much you eat, so I have suspected that my stomach capacity is not that large, at least compared to a "normal" size for my body type.

Whenever I've eaten more in one sitting than I usually do, I feel slightly sick, and I know my stomach is at its limit, but I usually eat enough dinner to just up to that limit.

Based

Wholesome

>/fit/
/fitlit/ was great! Those Yea Forums guys added so much to our board! I learned so much and it was all so interesting! I think I'll start reading - who knew that 5,000 years of combined human knowledge might be worth investigating? Yea Forums sure is great.

>Yea Forums
FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING RETARDS.

Thanks user

It goes both ways, there's retards and newfags everywhere who weren't even around for /fitlit/

Attached: 1555149026404.jpg (544x680, 87K)

I've seen ðis cat somewhere on /int/, did you post it ðere?

I browse /fit/, /vg/ and sometimes /pol/, so no, that wouldn't be me, user. Then again, the cat's cute af and should be everywhere.

>muh gains
*turns your face into an unaesthetic mess*
Really ruins many actors. That's why most actors are thin.

>gayns

ok

If you are skinny fat (normal weight, but flabby gut, small mantits etc), your problem is not bodyfat but muscle mass. You lack muscle which would distribute your fat over your body more evenly. What you need is muscle growth, so no cardio, but weight training, lots of protein.

Attached: 9e8.png (680x778, 879K)

If your skinny fat, you need to fast and do violence to yourself.