Was Nietzsche right about Wagner?

Was Nietzsche right about Wagner?

‘Wagner’s art is sick. The problems he presents on the stage – all of them problems of hysterics – the convulsive nature of his affects, his overexcited sensibility, his taste that required ever stronger spices, his instability which he dressed up as principles, not least of all the choice of his heroes and heroines – consider them as physiological types (a pathological gallery!) – all of this taken together represents a profile of sickness that permits no further doubt… Precisely because nothing is more modern than this total sickness, this lateness and overexcitement of the nervous mechanism, Wagner is the modern artist par excellence…’ (The Case of Wagner, p. 166.)

Attached: nw.png (944x660, 752K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lqk4bcnBqls
youtube.com/watch?v=SRmCEGHt-Qk
youtube.com/watch?v=AQOfIENN2tk
youtube.com/watch?v=J-qoaioG2UA
youtube.com/watch?v=NsCQj0GJ1K8
youtube.com/watch?v=1Y-xxhBia0s
youtube.com/watch?v=pzwcuOFfKNw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wagner is the greatest artistic genius to ever of lived so watch your mouth boy. Wagner forever btfo'd Nietzsche when he ran out of the theatre crying, screaming and holding his head in the middle of Parsifal. Couldn't handle the Christian banter - was too beautiful.

This is now a Wagner thread.

Attached: Wagner.jpg (1369x1897, 417K)

Sup niggas. Very rare photo here.

Attached: Wagner - young.png (1217x618, 1015K)

Wagner was a real man. He had balls. He is also the inferior artist.

Nietzsche had all the glories of an utterly repressed personality.

Wagner lived it, Nietzsche wrote about it. That’s why Wagner needed something more (nationalism and christianity) than just an ideal of self liberation —which he already had achieved. Nietzsche has all the virtues of someone very sensitive but incapable of navigating the world to his purpose. A bit like Gauguin vs Van Gogh.

The only good and true thing about this post is that Wagner was a great artist who was better than Nietzsche. Everything else is just stupidity and unfounded ramblings.

Oh what's that? You haven't read the entirety of Wagner's writings miscellaneous and all? That's what I thought.

Nietzsche was just jealous of how - even though Nietzsche had a very large prefrontal cortex - Wagner's cranium would forever be the infinitely, and undeniably, bigger cranium.

Attached: Wagner - profile.jpg (1527x1081, 234K)

Richard Wagner the greatest artistic genius known to man. For Wagner shall always be the total peak of all Western art, culture and music in general - The Third Reich was the last continuation of this Aryan spirit birthed forth from a reactionary nature, but of tradition in form. Considering Wagner to be the prophet of their movement.

youtube.com/watch?v=lqk4bcnBqls

youtube.com/watch?v=SRmCEGHt-Qk

youtube.com/watch?v=AQOfIENN2tk

youtube.com/watch?v=J-qoaioG2UA

youtube.com/watch?v=NsCQj0GJ1K8

Keep in mind the predominant number of Wagner's music was not intended to be heard alone, rather as a culmination of the arts yet so much more. Hence the reason for my supplying of preludes alone. Wagner's immensity in genius cannot be understated - how he magnificently wrote his music, his libretto, his poetry of both sound, vision and ideal. All with psyche in mind, to have a philosophical and psychological undercurrent still debated upon today. Look to the leitmotif or Tristan cord, or his revolutionisation of the music thearte as example. Now a piano transcription of Wagner's music by Liszt his great friend and whose daughter Wagner would later marry.

youtube.com/watch?v=1Y-xxhBia0s

Hitler himself and the Third Reich were both inspired by and based themselves upon Wagnerian aesthetics - to such a degree it may be said the latter Reich would not of existed without him. Aesthetic's not alone of the senses but of the ideal - the the ideal of the Aryan, the ideal of the Machiavellian jew. Yet these still being only the front of his magnificience, the ideal of the sacred as the core within the Wagnerian for it is what truly asserts life and man, pertaining within that duality a reciprocative element of constant flux. Nietzsche used to idealise Wagner, he was a paternal figure.

Attached: Wagner with hat.jpg (300x300, 10K)

Wagner's philosophy and so art influenced by the entirety of Aryan culture and history - as the culmination of it - yet most famously known as an admirer and follower of Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel and the great pessimist Arthur Schopenhauer. A statement that shall be better understood by the knowing of Richard Wagner's struggle with depression throughout his life.

"My King, I am not well: life has become a burden for me, and my artistic labours are far from easy. The whole effort, moreover, of reviving so strange a work as Tristan has left me very tired. What depresses me is not the malice of the world -- but the extreme difficulty of working effectively and creatively, so that I feel like a stranger, almost like a fool, in this world of ours, and in this century." Munich, 5 July 1865, to King Ludwig II of Bavaria

Frequently telling Liszt that he had wished to die.

1. Wagner
2. Beethoven
3. Bach/Mozart
Wagner understood music in itself had reaches its peak and its only advancement lay in the advancement of art. In the cumulative effort of the arts. For philosophy, poetry, drama or rather wholly as "plot" to take forth the role as the underlying extension where in which the continual development of music - in abstract - lay, by the further development of definition not of the individually expressive which is known to the Jews (hence the subjective criteria of modern art) but rather of the collective unconscious of man. This latter a something in which Wagner talks on in his infamous essay Judaism in Music.

Music for music's sake could advance no further - no matter the dionysian rhyme of such saying.

Attached: Wagner - old.jpg (200x252, 10K)

When Wagner was composing that aria where young Siegfried is forging his sword with a hammer and anvil, Nietzsche was sitting in his study on silk cushions with millions of ribbons, in a silk dressing gown and a velvet cap. The air was filled with perfumes and he was adorned exactly like a woman, the most grotesque sight you could imagine. That was Nietzsche's reality, he was a transvestite which means a man who conceals himself in woman's clothes, enjoying playing the role of a woman.

Attached: transvestit.jpg (697x1024, 124K)

The Artwork of the Future.

Attached: Wagner The Artwork of the Future 1.jpg (298x465, 31K)

It’s just a personal opinion based on elucubration, I’ll admit. Obviously the underlying reality is always more complex.

Jesus of Nazareth.

Attached: Wagner Jesus of Nazareth 2.jpg (298x454, 35K)

The Third Reich was a pink deluge in country-form, a violent theatre of queenish hysterics, a cabaret. Superficial and campy. Attractive, certainly, and stimulating, but unfulfilling, destructive. The thinnest empire. An orgasm. A petite mort.

>It’s just a personal opinion based on elucubration,
You'r lucky I like that word.

>I’ll admit. Obviously the underlying reality is always more complex.
I think it's more than just simply you simplifying for ease of understanding. You just didn't have any ground, it could of passed if you had all the other stuff but that alone nobodys going to accept as a reality.

What even is this post? How can anyone with any basic understanding of the 3(r)D Reich think of it as anything other than a genuine, necessitated and archetypally occurant movement of mankind. A historic momentum.

Opera and Drama.

Attached: Wagner Opera and Drama 3.jpg (298x453, 31K)

Judaism in Music(based).

Attached: Wagner Judaism in Music 4.jpg (298x455, 31K)

Art and Politics.

Attached: Wagner Art and Politics 5.jpg (298x459, 41K)

Pilgrimage to Beethoven.

Attached: Wagner Pilgrimage to Beethoven 6.jpg (298x460, 30K)

Religion and Art.

Attached: Wagner Religion and Art 7.jpg (298x445, 47K)

The Third Reich was a good example of a Freudian government, a better outburst of Sadean libertinism than anything the supposed freethinkers and 'immoralists' of the European intelligentsia—suddenly incensed by the "inhumanity of Germany's dictatorship," flinging insults at the fascists from their ivory towers—have ever achieved. The Neo-Nazis, those utopian bores, those peddlers of Aryan baloney, miss the point. Nazism is sickness. Nazism is pathology. It is tuberculoic politics at its finest. A final gasp for fresh air. The decline of the West wallowing in its own sickness, embracing its own superficiality and nihilism—it is Aschenbach from Death in Venice. Self-devouring pederast culture. Cholera in state form. Nazism is hyper-modernism... its anti-modernism is an expression not of the >capital-T< Tradition that all the fart-sniffing reactionaries love to go on about, but of modernism's self-hatred. The SS: a death-cult run by a soft-handed petit-bourgeois accountant with a middle class homemaker's taste for the occult. Also the officiator of state-mandated prostitution. Sickness! Wonderful sickness. The smell of pestilence emanates from the swastika, the odour of Hitler's irritable bowels. A geriatric society, youth giving themselves up to the bony hands of the old. The young flesh of Germany going to the Exterminating Angel in happy droves! Aryan self-annihilation! Blood orgy!

This isn't an argument! You've just lumped together various acceptency's of modernity and contradicted them in sprawling of ad hominems.

shutup nerd

Attached: 1560092179225.png (616x596, 66K)

One in each 40 posts in Yea Forums makes me think. This is one of them. See you guys 39 posts later.

Based

He was being contrarian. It's a strawman to attack modernism. He actually loved Wagner and it's evident in his late letters. And right before his collapse he was heard pounding on the piano in his room in Turin, I'm pretty sure it was some fanfare from the Ring or Tristan

>Wagner’s art is sick
It's literally just a nigga playing the piano lmao.

Are any of his songs not so drawn out? They all sound the same to me.i like Bach better

this retard just posted the overtures and preludes, his stuff is extremely varied and interesting.
youtube.com/watch?v=pzwcuOFfKNw

Musical cumbrain of its day, yes. Can (would) anyone dance to Wagner? No.

Imagine being Wagner, and devoting all your intellectual and creative powers to creating operas, and yet your best effort is still not as good as a cheap bawdy sequel Mozart knocked out to pay his gambling debts

Attached: LeNozze_MET_640x360.jpg (640x461, 43K)

Bach is mall music for monarchist trannies.

Wagner is firetruck romanticism for insecure teens. This game is easy

this is a pretty good time to point out that Nietzshe went insane

his statement boils down to this and I can prove it:
>too much stimulus for me!!!! aaahhh make it stop
not an argument

>implying that's not utile to a legitimate purpose

this is /thread, way better than you can usually read on lit