Yea Forums mbti general (Entp edition)

To be clear I much prefer Jungs original typology, but it's just a matter of ease to know it as mbti.

Entp masterrace, we have Socrates, Alexander the Great, Da Vinci, Machiavelli, Hume, Voltaire, Franklin, Edison, Wagner. As of just a few. We, the most creative(Primary Ne), intelligent(Auxiliary Ti), charismatic(Tertiary Fe) and different of men (Inferior Si). The greatest artists, philosophers, and leaders/generals. How we can capture the spirit of the crowd, the collective unconscious in actual - the Heroic of history. The constant mocking of our race is nothing but peasant wisdom, they see our jest and think it but that, that is a mask that we wear to conceal the truth. And it is because we can laugh at what you cannot, you crumble and we play in the dialectic retraction in(to) ourselves for the ever defining, and the ever searching. We laugh because we can, and you, cannot.

And lets type the Iliad. I'll start:
>Achilles Estp
>Odysseus Entp
>...

Attached: Siegfried.jpg (250x325, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1P526n6wfP4
archived.moe/lit/thread/13679198/#13679213
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>mbti

homosexual

Pretty sure Doystoyevsky was an Entp.

chromosome hoarder

That's chromosome Connoisseur to you mr. "nobody understands me".

Hes typed as INFP/INFJ

Why?

Alexander the Great is ENTJ, bro. Inferior Fi is clear as day when reading the ancient biographies like Curtius or Arrian. INFPs are probably the best writers besides ENFPS; the best musicians are probably ISFPs; the best philosophers are either INTPs or INFJs.

>Alexander the Great is ENTJ, bro. Inferior Fi is clear as day when reading the ancient biographies like Curtius or Arrian.
Absolute bull, his entire character and mentality was Entp. Though we must remember there is the fluent element to typology hence why he may of leaned to Entj in some ways, but still at heart he was Entp.

>INFPs are probably the best writers besides ENFPS
Can probably agree.

>the best musicians are probably ISFPs
Lol no! It's definitely in the NTs and NFs. Do you think Bach, Beethoven or Wagner were ISFPs? Kek no, that's just insane. Mozart is the only example I could think of and even then the typing seems tedious.

>the best philosophers are either INTPs or INFJs.
I could understand there being an argument for INTPs but INFJs no way. If INTP is 1 (they're not), Entp is second.

I always saw alexander as estp rather than entj (stalin)

>Alexander
>ENTP
Inferior Si doesn't manifest in locking yourself in your room and weeping for days; inferior Fi, on the other hand, does. He believed himself to be the son of Zeus who was to conquer Persia as retribution for the Persian Wars. He also fought in his own battles, suggesting Se somewhere in his conscious stack.

>ISFPs
Oh, I'm sorry I meant performer musicians (modern), not composers. Composers, yeah, definitely NT/NF.

No, if he's anything else, he'd be an ESTJ.

ISTP

Attached: 515B9A85-CAC1-43FC-B372-9CA965D52ED1.jpg (601x508, 31K)

>implying I don't repeatedly lock myself in my room and cry for days
huh bet you feel pretty stupid now!

>Oh, I'm sorry I meant performer musicians (modern), not composers. Composers, yeah, definitely NT/NF.
Almost entirely correct except the actually good modern composers. People like Katy Perry and that daughter of the 'Christian' guy with the accent that dances naked and pisses in the street I think are just there because they crave social attention and they're willing to sell out their sex to get there.

>No, if he's anything else, he'd be an ESTJ.
Definitely not an S in general. I can't think of one example of a great military genius who has been s. And Alexanders attitude doesn't match it.

So what's up with you guys anyway? I hear many get mistaken for you. Apparently Istps are the inner monologue of Entps so it makes sense why I always hear Tom Cruises voice instead of mine. And something about a lizzard... I dunno.

MBTI is reddit astrology

>>implying I don't repeatedly lock myself in my room and cry for days
>huh bet you feel pretty stupid now!
To elaborate, I think there are only four types that would hide themselves away and release emotions or only do so in solitude and those would be IxTP and ExTJ because of inferior Fx.

>ISFPs and performer musicians
I actually heard there was a case that Tool's lead singer could be an ISFP, and when I think about myself, it seems plausible.

It’s like being the guy from Drive but nothing interesting ever happens

>To elaborate, I think there are only four types that would hide themselves away and release emotions or only do so in solitude and those would be IxTP and ExTJ because of inferior Fx.
I think you'r being too specific, the fact that virtually all types have the potential to lock themselves in a room and cry for days. As well as the pervading of mental illness in all types (though given; some types have some mental conditions more than others such as how so many Entps and secondly Enfps are diagnosed with ADD and many more having the symptoms extensively without diagnosis). I've never actually locked myself in a room and cried, actually never cried since I was a child (too manly I suppose) no matter how hard I try to, or to give in I just cannot. Then again I don't feel much anymore so there's that save creative inspiration which in half is the acquisition of truth. Still I thought Entjs were supposed to be even more emotionally obscure than us Entps? We don't even have Fi in our main stack so I dunno what that means for us. Any clues?

>I actually heard there was a case that Tool's lead singer could be an ISFP, and when I think about myself, it seems plausible.
True enough, but care to explain got nothing better to do and I'n itching for a conversation.

Ryan Gosling doesn't seem conscious to me, so what's that like?

>Apparently Istps are the inner monologue of Entps

lol what the fuck

Where did you hear that? It rings true for me in that my inner monologue is an autist.

also believe in fate and it believes in you. Maybe that just works for me because I can just follow my Intuits and it brings me to a ton of stuff like one time I just got this weird knowing that a pub would be somewhere, went there, got a beer, and met some world renowned physicist/mathematician. On occasion I follow it and find some poor Indian casting a spell on me or some occultist telling me he identifies me but mostly it's just self betterment in a very meaningful way.

I dunno read it somewhere. But what characterises my inner monologue as apart from others? I know what characterises myself, but not my actual inner monologue, mostly because I'm not conscious of thought in action I guess. Too many visions and intuits.

>ENxPs and ADD
ADD is actually describing a phenomenon found in ENxPs, though. I think certain personality types are prone to certain mental illnesses in general.
ENTPs have Fi in 7th position (second to the last in your shadow). This typically means you have no fucking clue what you feel. ENTJs are clouded, but it's more out of afterthought. For ENTPs, it's like someone's following you and you know their following but you can never face them because they always end up staying behind you. That's what Fi-trickster is like (I imagine). Inferior Fx types can get indistinct glimpses of their emotions.

It's an extension of you. It isn't its own entity.

Reply to my thread

Attached: 1515293246536.jpg (960x960, 77K)

>Ryan Gosling doesn't seem conscious to me, so what's that like?
Drive was a wake up call for me, because I realized that this is what people saw when they look at me. I can’t express myself outside of writing or action

>this is what people saw when they look at
Wishful thinking

Attached: P00794h[1].jpg (432x432, 40K)

I meant in terms of apparent autism

you thread makes no sense

>ADD is actually describing a phenomenon found in ENxPs, though. I think certain personality types are prone to certain mental illnesses in general.
I agree, Ne is the stereotypical ADD so perhaps some times it's just an extreme Intuition that comes across as ADD, sometimes it's the Ne that heightened the chances of ADD, sometimes it might just be ADD - I dunno but it's probably a mix. There is ADD in my family and I'm certain I have it (or at least grew out of it, but then again that would match developing Ti which allowed me to actually focus on the later years of highschool and not day dream all day) so there's that.

>ENTPs have Fi in 7th position (second to the last in your shadow). This typically means you have no fucking clue what you feel. ENTJs are clouded, but it's more out of afterthought. For ENTPs, it's like someone's following you and you know their following but you can never face them because they always end up staying behind you. That's what Fi-trickster is like (I imagine). Inferior Fx types can get indistinct glimpses of their emotions.

Oh fug it all makes sense now! So what do I do now anyway? Emotion feels unconscious, and everything that I do feel consciously always seems as if it is only an extroverted feeling (maybe Fe?) and never truly pierces my soul. At best it's creative inspiration (one must remember half of this is learning truth hence I gain much emotion from philosophy and psychology and the likes but still never the same amount as being possessed by this creative spirit. As if struck by lightning. But then that fades and I am back here again wondering why I'm not packing up again and moving to a different city/town every month. Which is what I have done to fuel my necessitys. Currently all sensual reality (especially visual) just seems like this weird lumping of representational abstraction and I can't actually see true reality. Am confused, very confused, feels like I'm walking in a cubist painting.

Help me user, I just accidentally applied this weird sensual abstraction to my room (which had always remained characterised by thought and psyche rather than my actual perception of it) and and now I can't even see my room which had always somewhat been my mind because of the time spent there and now I just exist in my head and am confused and wondering whats happening while typing this. I just laughed and couldn't help but laff. I'm laughing now, it's just funny, I did this to my rooom. It's really very funny but I don't know why.

help

True enough, but then again my own existence is self contemplation and ego done by language and so inner monologue and so would that not make it the chief characterisation of myself - by all means - to myself?

Must be odd, do you actually feel emotion? Well Jung was the same way but said he was Intp/Istp so you can at least relate to one of the greatest minds of the Western world.

Where are my fellow INFJ bros at?

Why is our type so rare?

Because ur the cutest. Jk faggot.

Entp loving.

Unfortunately, I can't help you. I really wish I could. Even if I provided articles, you'd still have to learn to develop it, and I don't know how you'd develop Fi, if it were possible, let alone trickster Fi. The best I can say to truly experience Fi is love—that's what I think so take it with a huge meteor-sized chunk of salt—and if you do that, well, it can become train wreck really fast. I'm speaking from experience (I'm not ENTP, though).

I've loved women and felt love at first sight. But as of yet I've never felt rejection. I'm good looking, tall, charismatic and intelligent so women aren't difficult for me and I can have very high standards. I've also never been broken up with only the other way around so I don't know what it's like. I'll trust you though user, I don't really care if I do happen to feel sadness from love as it's preferable to not feeling much at all. All of these functions develop through life (usually just unconscious) as well as all of our archetypal associations but to do it consciously is a true feat and is what Jung would call individuation.

Gonna take a break from thread, will return

I’m the INFJ who posted earlier and I also have problems with my emotions. My issue is that I have this permanent air of melancholy hanging over me, but I struggle to articulate my emotions to the point where I come off as robotic and stoic. I’m jealous of ENTPs who are these massive forces of personality when I’m always plagued by self-doubt.

Give me all your memes

Attached: 1541882859680.png (2546x1160, 486K)

Being ENTP is like having won the lottery of the universe

Attached: EEWIcQJWwAELlZf.jpg (901x676, 79K)

American literature: ENFP
German literature: INTJ
Russian literature: ENTJ
British literature: INFP
French literature: ENTP

Attached: 2OlgcAk.jpg (2864x3448, 1.74M)

saw you at the bathhouse catching coom in your mouth just last week

>tfw infp loser
End my wretched existence

>Russian literature: ENTJ
Not really. They have a lot of somber emotional and scifi stuff.

Russians are more xNFJ teritory. All their great novels are about God, family, feelings and inferior Se degeneracy.

Yes sounds like a feeling problem, do you have a purpose in life? That is the question. Hitler was an INFJ and was said to be a very collective man, always worrying about his race never his own individual troubles. Not every man can be a prophet but you can use this mentality, follow the good, and find aesthetic culmination in purpose. And listen to Wagner.

Even though Entps are the master memers most of the mbti memes don't really mention Entp much.

Agreed, except you'r sort of always searching and so - as Jung said - they never ripe the fruit of their labour, always moving on for another to benefit (or not). I guess that's just a necessary sacrifice for the sake of mankind.

How is French literature Entp? I would think it's the opposite. And German, Intj? Not at all.

The Entp stereotype is getting annoying, it's really only a persona. The debating part is true, though I've sort of given up because at a certain point I just exceeded the limit of human knowledge and no one can beat me in debates now. I don't even use traps and mental snares as the Socratic tradition - and my younger self - did. I just know so much I win by default.

Why you guys always so sad?

If they cant express feels in any creative outlet, it merges into sadness.

Oh I see, why don't you guys paint or write some piano sonatas? Painting is easy, I especially like renaissance painting and am teaching myself, sculpting is more difficult but can be learned. Music is the hardest to truly perfect I would say because of the necessary differentiation of time. But meh I think everything I've just said on difficulty is false it just depends on the person.

>do you have a purpose in life
No, but I desperately seek one. I believe in God, so I try to behave morally and ethically (although I’m not without my faults), but even then I feel as though I don’t have a purpose in this Earth. I’m like an outside observer. This is especially notable during social gatherings where I feel like I’m a guest among a social group rather than a part of said group. The only time I’m the dominant voice in a conversation is during intellectual discussions.

I also have issues dating, as I have high standards and I’ve never found anyone I could say that I truly felt love for. This bothers me since to love and be loved is really all I want from life.

>No, but I desperately seek one. I believe in God, so I try to behave morally and ethically (although I’m not without my faults), but even then I feel as though I don’t have a purpose in this Earth. I’m like an outside observer.
What do you think of Hitler?

"The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone."

- Goethe

How often do you read literature like Faust or In Search of Lost Time?

>This is especially notable during social gatherings where I feel like I’m a guest among a social group rather than a part of said group. The only time I’m the dominant voice in a conversation is during intellectual discussions.

Most of us are, Entps can at least feign charisma and interest.

>I also have issues dating, as I have high standards and I’ve never found anyone I could say that I truly felt love for. This bothers me since to love and be loved is really all I want from life.

A beautiful tale, you should try your luck at writing user. Visit Ireland, see how you like it and her people. Quite the characters. And you will find a woman you love, you must be willing, and you must follow your intuition. Willing does not mean the openness to it, but instead the active affirmation of your desire of this being in love. The Wind will carry you the rest of the way, and although, as a leaf you may not know where you are being blown through to, you can admire the aesthetic beauty of the storm.

I am ENTP

>lmao u guyz are 2 cute :3
>I'm an INFP and i'm so sad *sobs*
>INFJ, aren't i sooo rare?
>ENTP's are the greatest at everything, just like me haha
>ISTP's are, like, my internal monologue

Attached: 1559007669217.png (270x360, 66K)

This is surprisingly accurate, if not hilariously arrogant. I find Todd Solondz's Happiness hysterically funny—an appropriate example of your description. The spirit of the crowd is putty in my hands, heheh. Anyway fuck your stupid typesets—why you'd decide to categorize yourself as a member of an imaginary group is beyond me

>sarcastic anime girl threat = comedy
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA YOU THINK YOUR FUNNY AAHAHAHAHAHAHA VERY VERY FUNNY AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAyoutube.com/watch?v=1P526n6wfP4

Attached: hahahahahahahahah.jpg (1023x707, 95K)

dude you just posted cringe

>he claims to be an Entp but doesn't realise the arrogance is part of the joke but has to have some level of truth to be funny
Well guess what the truth isn't a statement of our ego-centrism but is instead the actual and very literal fact of our superiority.

Thought people were hyperbolic when saying that but after reading this thread it seems true

>what do you think of Hitler?
Misguided, but he wasn’t “evil”. No one is truly evil. He was a broken person who reacted (albeit extremely) to the incompetence of the Weimar Republic and Germany’s dire economic state. His tragedy was that he was so caught up in lofty political goals that he forgot his humanity and so became a sociopath. I’m more of a fan of Christ and Tolstoy as far as INFJs are concerned.
Also, my favourite book is Moby Dick if that creates a better image of me (my sense of morality is similar to Starbuck’s).

>Visit Ireland
Incredible that you mentioned Ireland because the only girl who I could ever say that I came close to completely and hopelessly falling in love with was an Irish girl. She was so mature and approachable despite being younger than me and she loved nature like I do. I hesitated with her because I didn’t want to rush into things and because we were both busy when we dated, but I remember being flushed just talking to her—Something I never usually experience. Most girls my age just aren’t mature enough for me. Coincidentally, my ancestors are also Irish.

>hilariously arrogant
what part of that adverb did you not understand there lil man?

>says the ISFJ

But tolstoy is christian anarchist

He is, although I don’t see what’s so contradictory about that.

>Misguided, but he wasn’t “evil”. No one is truly evil
You know, I would say I agree with almost the entirety of his views. Of course the exaggeration of the Jewish element (though still a prime actualiser of modernity) is exaggerated to what extent Hitler new this I do not know. And as far as the holocaust goes the number doesn't go beyond a million and it also has been exaggerated. Though again I don't doubt its existence. And they do also have Heidegger and Jung.

>Also, my favourite book is Moby Dick
Haven't read it yet but really want to. Would you give it a 10/10 user? Jung considered it the greatest American novel. I'm currently deciding whether to wait to read all of these classics like Doystoyevsky, Tolstoy, Melville, Proust etc in my later twentys so I can better understand them or read them now. Not sure if I can wait that long, then again you can never get that first read back. Thoughts?

>Incredible that you mentioned Ireland because the only girl who I could ever say that I came close to completely and hopelessly falling in love with was an Irish girl.
Intuition user, it's a good tool and a good life to be lead by. It just felt right to approach the topic of Ireland. Perhaps I picked up on a certain necessity you have, that is to be found in Ireland. Maybe you needed that level of revitalisation and assertion of character from that folk mentality.

>She was so mature and approachable despite being younger than me and she loved nature like I do. I hesitated with her because I didn’t want to rush into things and because we were both busy when we dated, but I remember being flushed just talking to her—Something I never usually experience. Most girls my age just aren’t mature enough for me. Coincidentally, my ancestors are also Irish.

She is your type, if you don't mind me asking whatever happened between you to? And yes I too am descended from Irish, am Australian you see. As well as German and Anglo(that's a given).

Listen here bucki I'm over 6 ft 3.

>we're all so different and unique
>us, this group of unique people who are all so very similar along these many dimensions
>so unique, such individuals

Repentp, for your a disgrace to "your" kind (of).

Not that user, but read Moby Dick now. It's the a perfect book, the apotheosis of all human endeavour.

I just meant unique in comparison to the rest of society. It was somewhat ironic you autist. You still don't understand do you?

Will do, thanks user.

>Listen here bucki I'm over 6 ft 3.
v cute

Also: the "only a million jews were killed in the holocaust" trope is getting real tiresome. Yes, the Jews leverage their historical struggles for current gain—everybody knows this even if they pretend not to. You're not making any groundbreaking points by cheaply counting the burnt bodies of Abraham's children!

Anyway, how much does your online persona reflect your analog persona? You seem to be valving pressurized sentiments here that you can't so easily do elsewhere

>obsessive man wants to kill a whale
What a plot

>makes a baldly stupid and contradictory claim
>i-it was just ironic!...albeit somewhat but still you just don't understand

you silly silly man, you should be ashamed of yourself, utterly and desperately ashamed like a masturbating priest

>he reads for plot

N A I E B E L P

Sad angry spazz hermit

>Anyway, how much does your online persona reflect your analog persona? You seem to be valving pressurized sentiments here that you can't so easily do elsewhere
I valve better here.

>he doesn't realise he is being ironic
You still don't know what characterises the Entp.

oh, okay.

Attached: 1568590022145.jpg (728x440, 68K)

What characterizes all mbti posters is an inferior thinking function

>You still don't know what characterises the Entp.

i've consistently tested as an ENTP for the last 12 years a slave my chummy chum you clearly don't know the dimensions that irony can and does take trying to make the same point over and over again does not a point make

I’m in my early 20’s and like I said, Moby Dick I’d my favourite book. You need a basic understanding of The Bible, Gnosticism and Egalitarianism to really get it though. I love it because it’s pure prose porn with elements of high romanticism and symbolism. It’s also deeply spiritual. Also, at lest read Tolstoy’s philosophy. I prefer him as a philosopher than a novelist. Reading his philosophical texts should give a clear impression as to why I think Hitler was misguided.

As for the girl, I managed to score at date with her in the first place because we hit it off with each other from the moment we met. We where both playfully insulting each other from day 1. I got her number the day I met her. We went out together and I also went to a party she hosted, but after that we slowly drifted apart because we had coursework to keep us busy. I’m also wasn’t sure if I wanted to risk a good friendship by pushing things too far. We’re still on friendly terms, but I haven’t seen her in at least a year. She was very much an extrovert and an idealistic dreamer which I loved about her, but I’m a very closed off person who’s scared to take the initiative, so that didn’t help. She also had a proper working class pottymouth, which I found cute. I wonder if I’ll meet a girl like that again. She was absolutely my type, but I’ve not met a girl like that since. This sucks since the kind of down to earth she displayed is what I want.

Whats wrong with that?

>Highest K:D ratio of all time
Fucking based

Nothing, just giving you shit, slinging typical Yea Forums burns

I thot your post was funny

spoicee

>male astrology

astrology like pink color used to be exclusively male thing. New age bs shifted it.

Alright, finally making the FUCKING virgin LII vs Chad ILI meme. Prepare sphincters. Posting previous work to let you know what to expect.

archived.moe/lit/thread/13679198/#13679213

Attached: BECOMING VS BEING.png (2529x1214, 962K)

That was your reflection lmao

INTP master race reporting in. Later peons

Attached: 1443892727172.png (422x493, 146K)

keep replying!

one half done i'm gonna...i'm gonna

INTJ here, what is the best piece of literature to help me scheme better

OH GOD

I'M COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: VIRGIN LII VS CHAD ILI.png (3310x1354, 340K)

INFJ is the most Yea Forums type
>Dante, Dostoevsky, Jefferson, Schopenhauer, Plato, Jung, Wittgenstein, Artaud, Mishima
All INFJs

haha

The N-S dichotomy is kinda useless. For example ENTJs are practically "sensors", while ISFPs are practically "intuitives".

Extreme introversion is the fucking genetic kiss of death in modern civilization.

Also, there is HUGE potential for a Chad vs. Chad meme, especially in typology, like the Chad ILI vs. the Chad IEI; "know they will see each other in the Aeon".