Back at University

It's been almost two weeks since classes resumed and I still appear to be an outcast. The freshmen were all so excited. Particularly the good looking extroverted ones. The rest still looked excited, but with a tinge of nervousness. To think that was me last year.

During my first week I was too nervous to talk to anyone, but I was excited to finally be around the brightest minds of my generation. And gradually, as the classes started and the weeks went by, I realized I was horribly deceived. Five years of reapplying to only be around the same type of people I could have met at a State School.

I had a very vivid image of what parties at Princeton were like before entering. While the plebeians at State Schools were busy getting high and listening to degenerate pop-music, their Princeton counterparts were quoting Don Giovanni and were debating the faults of Romanticism. I could clearly see a refined student in a plaid sport coat arguing against modern degeneracy by citing Kierkegaard.

Instead what I found were guys smoking out of a bong and girls ignoring my opinions of Sartre after only hearing my third sentence. Then one guy came up to me and began laughing at me for bringing up academic subjects at a party. I was like, WTF, isn't this Princeton!? He basically kicked me out and as I was leaving I saw one of the girls I tried talking to walk up to him in a smile. Never did I go to a party again after that.

If I failed to even make any acquaintances my first year, I figured I could at least blend in with the Freshmen during orientations. At the very least they didn't know who I was.

>Wow, so your like 24? Are you sure your a Freshmen?
>Just like you. It took a while for Princeton to finally admit me.
>What were you doing between Graduating high school and starting here?
>...
>So what do you think of Sartre?

It didn't take long for even the Freshmen to think I'm a loser. My new strategy now is to sit around cafes while reading the latest John Green novel. I'm hoping some Art hoe might notice and start talking to me.

Attached: Toad15.png (350x445, 229K)

based P.T.

it seems we're all hating university

Attached: 323114515.gif (480x270, 270K)

Why do you want some stupid art hoe user? I go to an ivy too and I’m amazed by your naïveté to think any one here isn’t brain dead, especially the girls

You sound like a bit of a social-retard. Philosophy is done in private with shut and doors locked.

However, I understand your pain like no one else.

I live in a place past loneliness.

>I go to an ivy too
>naïveté
yes, i can tell by some of the accents that you aren't lying

Autocorrect you stupid faggoy

Man, having gone to a decent, if not quite Ivy, school, I can actually believe this. You find out pretty quick that 60-75% of students got there with just proper education and parentage, and the remainxer, while extremely intelligent, are by and large so fundamentally broken that they can't engage meaningfully on any important levels. For instance, there are a bunch of autistic fucks like user, who don't know how to party, and a bunch of bitchy rich girls like the one in his story, who aren't smart enough to party in a fun way.

Frankly, I've given up hope of finding a room full of people smart enough to rub two philosophical sticks together who aren't so crazy, bourgeois, or brain damaged that they are unable to sustain the effort for fifteen minutes.

And the administration at these schools is no help. Bourgeois mediocrats, all of them; breeding over ability, ability over being a good person, and so the soulless geniuses rise to the top while the soulful ones are tossed aside for refusing to conform to sociopathic ideals of productive efficiency.

>Autocorrect
high tech. that's so ivy

Stickers are higher tech

Attached: 6F88E46A-E049-4980-98F2-E82ADEA2AD23.jpg (4032x3024, 1.49M)

Here let me help you
While you're busy writing a bunch of tl;dr shit about how you're so much better than everyone else, here's my tl;dr on how you unfuck yourself

they're busy going after girls and some are already hitting ass
so, by the law of nature they are moving to that natural goal of reproduction which all beings seek while you are not

my advice? turn off the computer, do the extremely hard thing of talking to new people
forget that you're better than everyone else because you're not
this is your chance to start all over at an equal field with everyone and that's when it happens
these first few months are key and when you need action and not words

sulking on Yea Forums will get you one thing: sulking on Yea Forums
keep going after women in volume OP
if one doesn't work out, fuck it move to the next one

like with anything in life it's all practice
you can do this, if you do what I'm saying
good luck to you and start tapping ass and as much as possible

oh yeah and don't forget about schoolwork
but it's the people you meet that is more valuable
any idiot can make it through college now

I don't go to an Ivy and I have auto insurance too.

....Goddamnit!

Why should user be chasing after carnal pleasure? There’s better and greater things to pursue

Can't tell if this thread is satire or people are really this faggoty without realizing it.

I'm sorry bro. Looking for Alaska was the shit. I used it a security blanket and visualized having friends like that. Than my life happened. Moral of the story, use it for puss and nothing else.

I have almost nothing in common with the freshmen at my university, they’re all straight from high school, have never had a job outside of retail and cannot seem to talk about anything but the latest Marvel™ movie and speak purely in facebook memes

Attached: 0EC634D0-EC16-4C62-BC6C-CB77F7B66489.jpg (1269x952, 136K)

First realize that most people are NPCs. The same can be said about people at Ivy League schools, just go watch the videos on yt of kids reacting to getting into an Ivy League school, do they look profound and well read to you?

Now realize that for others to take you seriously you ought to be presentable, are you fit? Do you consider yourself to be well groomed? Are you confident and have a firm posture? Those are all things that others will notice about you. I wouldn't discuss literature with women that don't look well groomed or are fat, because I frown upon seeing them, same with girls when they see incel tier guys that post on this Vietnamese rice board. Also you should now that parties are meant for hooking up, nothing magical happens there. Your goal is clearly to attract girls, but unless you have something to offer of worth in return, they will avoid you, especially at such a prestigious place where there is people who know just as much about said topic as you do, but look like Chad.

OP dont be this faggot.
Dont sulk ,but definitely dont give up and pursue a cumbrain lifestyle.

Attached: 56C4FEEB-2890-45B1-A755-2FA7220DF7CF.png (952x717, 186K)

>by the law of nature
Dropped but the banal advice is good

I wanna hear your opinions on Sartre user :3

I just talked to two women for the first time this year (that is to say I talked to a woman at length and this is the first time it has occurred thus far.) I had to excuse myself to vomit in the restroom stall because I felt so uncomfortable. I will make sure to study in the silent study area of the library next time. Once I came back from the restroom they told me I had to go.

Also OP it does not matter if you are 5 years older than them or 5 years younger. You will still be a complete social reject and make very few friends. Maybe you can make friends with the weird kids that noone talks to (as you are one of them). I hope you find your way at Princeton. by the way no one here is impressed by the fact that you are at Princeton. I just thought that you should know this fact.

I model my fashion off of my favorite writers such as pic related. Not exactly 1920's fashion, but I generally try to wear a tweed sport coat. At the minimum a white dress shirt if its hot. And I like to smoke a pipe time to time since I think it suits the jacket. I'm not fat either, so I don't think my looks are a major inhibitor.

I agree with you that most people are NPCs tho.

Sorry forgot to include the pic. This is it

Attached: F_Scott_Fitzgerald_1921.jpg (566x767, 115K)

Jesus you seem insufferable

its probaly more efficent to just live your life the way you want to and achieve auccess in that, likeminded people will want to be around it.
if you want to discuss satre write a piece on whatever and submit sonewhere etc if you catch my drift

Regardless of what user is saying or not I would agree that in university or out of it intellectual culture is dead and most people can't even look from the outside in on the current times we're living and realize how far we've come from just 100 years ago. It doesn't really matter anymore, literally the only thing you can hope for as an "intellectual" is to gain social skills that allow you to enjoy your day to day life, acquire a mate or two and then spend your free time pursuing whatever you enjoy.

There is no upper or middle class values anymore, everything has blended together, just because you come from a good family doesn't mean you'll be quoting alexander pope in latin or horace. Modern day society is all about practicality. Real art has little place existing anymore within these confines.

Obviously b8/pasta but brings up a good point

Campuses are filled with hedonistic normies and even if you wanted to fit in with chads/stacies, chasing women is ultimately pointless

Cringe. People you admired weren’t imitating themselves.
>smoking a pipe
Yes.

Just like classical music, its dead.
Everyone loves Billie eyefaggotry music.

I'm not sure whether it's less painful to be around the kind of people you have described or a pretentious lot with their foul mouths full of wikipedia-tier understanding of philosophy (because they simply do not read).

Disgusting. You typify everything detestable about the Ivy League in general, and Princeton in particular.

Fucking hell I wish I wasn't such a coombrain when I left high school

I have a desk job next to a guy with a dual degree and it's not much better.

Ah Princeton toad, I love your prose. Keep it up!

>who aren't smart enough to party in a fun way.
That’s an endemic problem in America. Americans don’t know how to party. They just copy the shit they see in ebin college movies and rap videos.

I'm starting university in the UK in a week as an undergraduate. I am going to be studying (((economics))). I have already decided im not going to do freshers week, because you have to buy a ticket for it and it sounds boring af. I just want to take it easy for my first week. Any advice from anons who have been there? It's not that im socially autistic, I just find it difficult to make friends with new people and I like to do my own thing. I don't even care if I make no friends

It would appear that you embody the Outside archetype. Like the Underground Man you see nothing but the vapidity and hypocrisy of the social order. Now having penetrated the veil of elitism, you see that really nothing distinguishes "plebs" from the beautiful people besides money and luck. With this understanding you'll finally see the world aright and never have your bubble burst again. There's a small victory in that.

*Outsider

>Man, having gone to a decent, if not quite Ivy, school, I can actually believe this. You find out pretty quick that 60-75% of students got there with just proper education and parentage,
This is what the Mandarin class looks like, and demands; the remainder are drones. Expecting otherwise, Cortez might've been teaching the natives how to mine and combine the elements forming blackpowder, you know, to make it a fair fight.

>breeding over ability, ability over being a good person,
Medicine is infested with this ancient form of clout chasing.

>Just look at this hyletic.
Just make friends and influence people, OP.

>I model my fashion off of my favorite writers such as pic related.
Looking like ReviewBra can work, if it's Calvin Klein model business casual. lul

I can't sympathize for college students anymore.
I fucking hate all of you undergrads.

In the immortal words of KRS-One

I spent 40 days, and 40 nights in the wilderness
I'm hard, from head to toe yo there ain't no killin this
I wrote over 100 rap hooks
And sociological books, while you worried about your looks

terrible. niggers can’t into poetry

>using the nigger word

Attached: 61018263_363775167602927_8356792643207823360_n.png (701x646, 400K)

jesus what a pathetic existence. get out of that fucking school asap

dilate and seethe tranny.

back to /pol/, kiddo.

Just suck up to your professors and get good grades. Everyone is a retard in undergrad. If you graduate with honors from Princeton you can get a PhD wherever you want, probably with full funding, or you could do a Fulbright in some dope country like Greece or Italy.

Just because I like mahou shoujo doesn't mean I'm a tranny, faggot.

>Princetontoad still hasn't made it
Give it up mate, just drop out and go home to the swamp.

>First realize that most people are NPCs
Like yourself?

how did they squeeze into top 3% of all applicants if they're braindead?

what's a party in a fun way in your opinion?