What is sexual repression?

What is sexual repression?

Attached: sigmund-freud-9302400-1-402.jpg (1200x1200, 67K)

my diary desu

my life*

you know how like you kinda remember your dad doing really weird things to you but like you dont really remember exactly what it was? that's what it is

getting youre foreskin cut off as a newborn and the consequent trauma

>GIMME MY PENIS SKIN BACK MOM

Attached: 1567909103641.png (318x303, 148K)

Pseud garble

how so?

t. Leftie who gets mad at based Freud

Stop being anti- semetic

I never had a latency period.

Attached: 2002ba.jpg (180x168, 8K)

Repression being the unconscious submersion of psychic content away from ego consciousness (Suppression being instead the conscious submersion) caused by collectively inherited patterns chiefly the shadow, acting both as cause of this process, as well as the archetypal formation of itself to the individual by this process. Be sure not to mix sexual release as a response to an array of psychic disturbances rather than the sexuality in itself being both the cause and response.

Who doesn't like Jung?

Attached: Jung.jpg (452x570, 29K)

Repression is when you think that you don't want to fuck your mother. Look, you want to fuck her one way or another, there's no ifs and buts about it.

suppressing your unconscious desires because some part of you is uncomfortable with acknowledging them
just admit you're a pedophile already

I'm reading Freud right now. He's brilliant and I can already see in just how many ways he is misrepresented. To sort of answer your question, first of all, the word "sexual" in Freud has a much broader definition than copulation. He specifies that genital sexuality is only one form of sexuality. His conception in many ways is very classical and relates to the mythological concept of Eros, and is someway comparable to Empedocles. Eros seeks to bring things together to form unities out of them. And sexuality is specifically tied to pleasure associated with the "erotogenic zones", the first of which is the mouth. As for repression, that is when a certain drive is suppressed irrationally/affectively, and this is something good and useful for children who aren't capable of confronting these drives rationally, but nevertheless do need to learn to behave properly. Later on we learn to sublimate our drives in productive ways. Anyway, this stuff is new to me, so I don't want to ramble on too long, just giving you a sample.

tl;dr sexuality doesn't mean what you think it does for Freud, and repression isn't a bad thing in itself

>and repression isn't a bad thing in itself
That's where you'r wrong bucko, sublimation just leads to more complexes and general psychological problems. Transformation on the other hand (what Sublimation should be) is the real mans(Jung) choice.

Browsing /pol/ like you didn't just jerk off to a contrapoints video

>and this is something good and useful for children who aren't capable of confronting these drives rationally, but nevertheless do need to learn to behave properly
I was under the impression that not letting children "play out their drives" like smearing shit everywhere etc only leads to greater repression, and in my example "anality" later in life. The attempted self-mastery of the body is a necessary stage in development

Nah, that’s definitely nit Freud. Repression is necessary in children, but it can have some negative consequences. That’s why we have to confront these repression’s later when we have developed our rational faculties.

>nit
not*
>repression’s
repressions*

>I was under the impression that not letting children "play out their drives" like smearing shit everywhere etc only leads to greater repression
Your impression is utter bullshit for shit-for-brains brainlets.

Podophiles get the rope.