Any reading requirements before jumping into this or do you commence straight away?

Any reading requirements before jumping into this or do you commence straight away?

Attached: 8C7348F1-A50B-4F65-8F95-9455AF0E0580.jpg (4032x3024, 2.75M)

dude i read that in my spiritual pre-existence before i was formed in the womb. if you dont get it you're just a pseud

Man it’s 11:01 pm, just be honest so I can scurry off brother

it's shit so it literally doesn't matter what you do before you read it (or afterwards)

Just read it, it is self contained.

Alright thanks brother

>it's shit
How?

reddit likes it

it's self contained
also it's a shitty meme book

Not an argument

>GEB!

Attached: IMG_2681.jpg (680x453, 46K)

Such an ugly cover, glad I found a good cheap used copy in London.

wrong

it's a Yea Forums argument.

The cover is fine actually
This asshole be a pussy turned

Let me give you a tl;dr

>if you get enough cans of soda, some full, some empty, you can create conciousness.

Fun fact: it's true

its literally a sensationalistic expose on the relation of three minds that seem just similar enough to be plausibly related but diverse enough to spark interest.

Nice.

You missed the point of the work, friend, or you did not read it.

Since this is Yea Forums, I’ll say he didn’t read it entirely and just wants to sound smart

Good chance, but I have met more that have read it and missed the point than i have met who read and understood it. Many seem to read it as they would any non-fiction and see it as nothing but a series of interesting anecdotes and trivia, they never take that step to pull it all together even though Holfstader walks you through it, I think the recursion and self reference that forms the structure throws them. Holfstader was disappointed by this, if memory serves, it was part of the reason he wrote Strange Loop.

Reddit likes sound and the fury too

>People who I don’t deem as cool and respectable like books I like which might through the quality of the authors work off

Grow up

Geb egb

Just teach yourself mathematical logic OP. It'll be more rewarding than parsing that mess of a book. Pick up Enderton texts on logic and set theory for starters.

Also find a good overview text on contemporary philosophy of mind via google. Or just read platostanford articles on it. Papers on these topics are generally much more clear and coherent than that book.

He doesn't understand Gödel at all. No one does.

>Just teach yourself mathematical logic
That is not what this book is about.