It is actually saddening that the young boys and men on this board prioritise Dostoyevsky over Tolstoy

It is actually saddening that the young boys and men on this board prioritise Dostoyevsky over Tolstoy.

Tolstoy is Mozart and Dostoyevsky is Salieri

Attached: Leo_Tolstoy_1897,_black_and_white,_37767u.jpg (2156x2614, 2.59M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zi8vJ_lMxQI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>caring about russian Yea Forums
dude what are you a fucking piss poor peasant with depression? learn french and read the guys russians tried so fucking hard to larp as but failed to be convincing

If it makes you feel any better, I prefer Tolstoy. Then again, I'm not as young as most of the Yea Forums users so that might account for this difference in taste. When I was younger I preferred Dostoevsky.

>learn french
hard pass

Tolstoy is better - but Dostoevsky is far fucking better than Salieri... you were attempting to be cute with your analogy, OP, but it doesn’t fit.

this. the religious connotations of the comparison are all out of whack as well.

Attached: f49859115fbf8a2b90b60632565a5972f140352d36ddec942c89d086b8efcbe0.webm (616x360, 493K)

dostoevsky is nas and tolstoy jay z

tolstoy wrote a lot of french in his russian novels (to make his works seem more sophisticated and less peasant-like), fucking pleb lmaoo learn it

The Russian aristocracy used French to appear sophisticated, he simply depicted this habit, you fucking retard.

It wasn’t to seem more sophisticated. When he had Russian characters speak French it was to show they were insincere.

lmao cope, stfu and learn french like any non-retarded russian did in the past. the russian language is for PEASANTS

jay z is shit.

>fucking lmaoo
>lmao stfu
You're a woman.

cope lmaooo

I’m curious if you think it’s true that the aristocracy didn’t learn French and try to ape European dress and manners.

Dostoyevski
>Perfect for solitude
>Sincere
>Sometimes short, sometimes long, does as the story needs
>Quottable as fuck

Tolstoy
>For faggots
>Not quottable because everything is lame
>lmao I write 1000 pages with nothing interesting for the most part

Refute this
Pro tip: you can't

Learn Latin, pleb

russian aristocracy def larped as french, any sophisticated russian did

You don't like lit

I prefer Dostoevsky, but both are great.

tolstoy is just comfy lit. dosto is actually profound.

Dostoevsky is Beethoven. And Mozart sucks

>Mozart sucks
>youtube.com/watch?v=Zi8vJ_lMxQI
yikes

Dostoevsky is Messi. Tolstoy is Ronaldo

Attached: 1562122507925.png (388x413, 5K)

shitty comparison. op is a pseudo.

Pretense of authentic emotion.

this is actually a good comparison

further proof

>Dostoyevski
>>Perfect for solitude
Because he's a wanker
>>Sincere
Like a retard
>>Sometimes short, sometimes long, does as the story needs
Sometimes wide, sometimes thin, he had all sizes, just like McDonald's.
>>Quottable as fuck
By substitute high school teachers
>Tolstoy
>>For faggots
Faggots at least fuck each other.
>>Not quottable because everything is lame
You're a pleb for not knowing any quotes from Tolstoy
>>lmao I write 1000 pages with nothing interesting for the most part
Depicts the truth about society and human psyche disregarding whether pleb gets it or not.

Attached: s35timlcwol21.png (1920x1080, 1005K)

Tolstoy, Dosty, Gogol, Pushkin, Goncharov, Turgenyev and many other writers from the golden and silver age of Russian literatura were russophiles and constantly made fun of the Russian nobility for wanting to be French. You'd know that if you weren't a literal retard.

nope, they all literally ripped their styles from the french. the russians have never done a single original thing in their whole literary history

French is a bastardized peasant version of Latin

i agree with you, but my points still stand. also degen latinate languages are a thousand times nicer than slavic garbage

so? its still better than sp*nish

you dont know shit

it's better than any germanic or slavic language. it's only real competition in europe is italian imo, spanish and portuguese are nice but haven't been as productive literarily

Latin is pleb afterfart of Etruscan

>tolstoy is just comfy lit. dosto is actually profound.
finish high school

they were not related languages, latin just took some etruscan words but that's it. the language that preceded latin though was probably pretty based and old as fuck

Why not just read both. I really liked war and peace, but I'll read the brothers karamazov next. I've heard it's breddy gud.

Good take. I actually find the reconstruction of the really ancient languages like proto-italic and PIE really interesting. Fun fact, if you watch prometheus, David (Fassbender) is speaking some PIE in one of the first few scenes

Dostoyevesky wrote fascinating psychological dramas. Tolstoy wrote soap operas.

Convince me otherwise.

dang that sounds epic, i didn't know about that. feel like a movie has to be pretty B&R to put PIE in it

lmao, stick to reading lads

this post just further convinces me that tolstoy is superior

Wrong, Tolstoy is Handel and Dostoevsky is Bach.

russians are mongoloids

Ivan Ilyin wrecks Tolstoy

Attached: 1726472043.jpg (267x400, 17K)

I speak French, la con de ta mère la chienne. Encule tes morts. Ça te va ?

shut up hole