What’s a good spanish version of Don Quixote? I am pretty far along learning Spanish and want to try it...

What’s a good spanish version of Don Quixote? I am pretty far along learning Spanish and want to try it. Something with an index for archaic language and references preferred. Thanks.

Attached: F429E90B-4F40-459D-A5F6-D656B5FCB480.jpg (3264x2448, 1.96M)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Quijote-Mancha-Spanish-Miguel-Cervantes/dp/0307475417
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you're actually that good at understanding Spanish, you should just read the version available at cervantesvirtual.com, download an offline copy of the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, and look unknown terms up as you go along.
Otherwise, read the based Peter Motteux translation.
t. hispanohablante

As a Latino I wouldn't recommend starting with Don Quixote. The novel is complex with an amazing use of language. People who study English don't start with Shakespeare, they start with Wilde, Hemingway, etc.

This is the one to get (published by Alfaguara). It's hardcover, it has a ribbon marker, helpful notes for the archaic terms/words on virtually every page, some extras like essays, etc. It's edited by the Royal Spanish Academy so you know it's THE version..

Attached: 81+-74djSyL.jpg (1400x2323, 325K)

and btw it's faily cheap for what it is (around 10 USD for a 1300+ page book!).

Attached: 71ZY4Qnc0qL.jpg (832x1362, 170K)

Whaver you do, dont use the Spanish pronunciation, or academics will laugh at you. Don Quicks Oat is how professors in the United Kingdom pronounce it. A kid tried to correct Dr. Suffolks in class and he said, to have him pronounce all the towns and names in the books. He got it rong, big time. Moral of the story is if you can't pronounce anything else in Spanish without thinking about it, dont try to fool everyone by getting the title correct. Don Quicks Oat is fine and isn't going to ruffle any feathers. Pretending you know it. That is what pseuds do

Can confirm, the ribbon marker is nice.

This user is correct. The book supposedly shaped the way the Spanish language is spoken today.

You can pretty much know how any word is pronounced in Spanish once you now the basic rules. Can't say the same for English. If you can't even say "Kee-hoh-teh" you're a fucking douchebag and you shouldn't be in academia.

>The novel is complex with an amazing use of language. People who study English don't start with Shakespeare, they start with Wilde, Hemingway, etc.
OP says he's pretty far along with his Spanish studies. I'mma bet you he's already gotten through with Cien Años de Soledad, Pedro Páramo, Rayuela, etc. if he's not just some dumb duolingo user or college student on a third semester Spanish class.
>wasting money on expensive editions of public domain texts
Are you a resentful EOP?

>10 bucks
>expensive
imagine being a poorfag

Attached: 10.jpg (540x534, 67K)

>Don Quicks Oat
I fucking hate angl*s

Attached: poop.jpg (300x347, 14K)

What do you recommend I read as somebody who isn't entirely fluent in Spanish? I have been reading Jose Marti poems with only a little difficulty. I'm thinking of reading Marti's essays. Also thinking of reading poems/essays/short stories from Borges and Neruda. Any other suggestions?

The only way to become fluent in any language is to spend 10k hours (or 2 years for 14 hours a day) consuming comprehensible content, so just read and listen to LOTS of stuff. Nothing's gonna get you on its own to the level where everything is easy to understand, so pick up literally anything you're interested in. If necessary, re-read sentences up to 5 times to try to make sense of them, but please don't fall for the mentally-translating-Spanish-as-English trick, because that will only hinder you from understanding a language through itself.

>What’s a good spanish version of Don Quixote?
the only one that exists, unless I'm missing something and people are taking rewriting it in local slang as a hobby

lmao even Americans know how to say "donkey ho-tay."

My level is pretty high. I can read Bolano, Rulfo, Cortazar. Of course with a dictionary for some of the words. I'm looking for a recommendation the equivalent of Shakespeare plays in English with annotations and essays.

OP here. I'll add Bolano's novels and poetry and Lorca's poetry as well. Work at it. Just takes time.

OP here again. I have actually read those books exactly lol. Good guess.

Kind of a tangent to this thread, but what did you do to learn spanish, OP? I want to learn. If anyone has anything to help with. I already speak a Romance language.

not sure if bait

>I already speak a Romance language.
Which one? Italian and Spanish are said to be closely related.

amazon.com/Quijote-Mancha-Spanish-Miguel-Cervantes/dp/0307475417

This is the version I used when I read it for my capstone class OP if you're looking for a paperback. Has footnotes for all the archaic language.

Lotta idiots in this thread, if you've read Bolaño OP, you can read Don Quixote easy. It's just long. Longer than 2666 at least in spirit (not sure what Bolaño you've read in Spanish).

But Portuguese and Spanish are closer

idiot, portuguese and spanish are the same language

Made me kek

>_

tu n(ã)o sabes nada

i'm right tho, the difference is 90% phonetic. if portuguese and spanish are different languages then irish english and american english are different languages (you can't prove me wrong)

Romanian

bro what are you talking about tips for learning Spanish, Romanians speak like 9 different languages all of them--you should have no trouble learning spiccish

not sure if you know those languages then

onions español tío, no son muy diferentes los dos idiomas. não falo perfeitamente o português mais entendo muito e sei que o português e o espanhol se diferenciam mais foneticamente que substancialmente

>onions
why this happen to me :( Yea Forums so inconsiderate of spanish speakers

btfo proven you can't speak the language

you got me lmao