What platform should I use to get my writings out to people for free? A blog seems inconvenient for the reader...

What platform should I use to get my writings out to people for free? A blog seems inconvenient for the reader, especially for longer texts.

Attached: cgk.jpg (500x553, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thebookdesigner.com/2016/03/why-a-pdf-isnt-an-ebook/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1. nobody cares about your writings.
2. what do you mean by inconvenient? arguably downloading a file is even more inconvenient.
3. just make a blog/website. neocities.org if you want your own layout. add an epub file download if you want, but nobody is going to download it without knowing what it's about.

Looking into neocities, thank you.

It just seems inconvenient to me to read a 25.000 word text as a blogpost.

Regarding your first point: I am of course not free of vanity, but I dont really care if someone cares. I just like the idea that my writings can be publicly available, without the traditional culture industrie middleman.

*industry

kraut detected

What do you write?

Put it on the blog and a little pdf link beside it. If people like it they’ll DL it for their ereader

OP, your platform(s) will become obvious when you decide how you will give the world your writing energies.

Attached: Screenshot_20190904-231003-01.jpg (591x800, 331K)

hotglue and a link to an epub or html

Mostly short stories, recently I wrote a Novella and some longer stuff.

Fanfiction. net

Attached: shutcho-clown-assup-30305862.png (500x506, 131K)

writefreely.org
write.as

neocities.org if you don't mind learning HTML

Stay away from medium, but if you want visibility, then medium.

tl;dr

Attached: mudkip.jpg (238x212, 10K)

why stay away from Medium?

>neocities.org if you don't mind learning HTML
How difficult/easy would you say it is to learn? I'm not of the coding type, but as the internet progresses, figure it'd be a good idea to know how to make my own websites for my bullshit ramblings.

Pseuds and poverty

Also, should authors know how to code in this day and age?

bump

Probably. Does anyone know a good beginners guide for html?

It's bugmen/soi/sjw central. Plus the UI is shit.

If you just want a very simple website it's easy.
I can't link you to any specific tutorial, but you should be able to find plenty.

Same user who asked if authors should learn to code. HTML and CSS seem like the best languages for simple websites. I just don't want to use squarespace or something - fear of censorship (even though my content isn't really 'offensive'. Someone always finds issues with something).
All I'm really looking to do is create simple sites to post my writing and music without a middleman.

email

you could just make a website with digitalocean that's just an index of links to your pdfs.
w3c is fine, but i would just look up simple examples until you "get it". html is dead simple and css is not hard for what you want to do

>pdfs
Stop it. I can forgive that tripfag who's probably a legit female, but you should know better.

Whats wrong about PDFs?

thebookdesigner.com/2016/03/why-a-pdf-isnt-an-ebook/

>soi/sjw central
So not the place to upload my novel that is basically a better written Turner Diaries huh

Amazon. Don’t give your writing away for free.

Airdrop pamphlets

kek

mail bombs to people's houses and tell the press to publish your work if they want you to stop

wattpad
royalroad
fanfiction
Tons of others

actually legit
i just think of "writing" as meaning papers and those are fine as pdf. i see your point

Baste n tedpilld

Use Medium. Gives you the opportunity to monetize and build a following as well.

>Use Medium

Attached: HA6IM5fCg7Z3yIwtaCuy8jsd4n_hbCRXpUTv8LS4afc.jpg (480x640, 63K)

>Tons of others
Which are best for non-fanfiction tier writing?

I once met a guy who was giving away copies of his book for free in the middle of the street. I didn't grab one because I was with other people and didn't want to look stupid by picking one tome up.

How do you guys get the word out for your website/blog/brand?

I knew a girl in a past creative writing class who printed out her individual poems with her website link and just tacked them onto bulletin boards at every bookstore and library in the city. Her poetry is instagram tier, but she got good page views the last time I checked. She just got published by a small local press too.

I'm thinking of doing the same thing, brehs. It's honestly genius what she did.

Ask Tao.

networking 100% of the time. if you don't have networks with important people then it's pretty much impossible. like others have said pretty much no one wants to invest time into reading from a nobody.

Start up a successful publishing company then publish your book with it.

Attached: 20190921_162325.jpg (4032x1960, 3.74M)

Does that include people who had a following before they became writers? Savanah Brown (and most other instagram poets) had a following before she started writing, and she made a profit from pushing her poetry onto her fans.

Kind of sad. Do you remember the titel?

Damn, should've thought about that.