Why is Japanese literature so based? Why Are Japanese people so based in general...

Why is Japanese literature so based? Why Are Japanese people so based in general? They seem to exist in an ascended level outside our reach

Attached: Screenshot_20190919-211659~2.png (1440x1412, 1.71M)

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/spain/1310634/Basques-are-brothers-of-the-Celts.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who are these pump it strumpets?

Fuck off, deluded weaboo.

>Reads Mishima once

I attribute it to the influence of Zen Buddhism. The best Japanese writers all seem to have mastered expressing their profound melancholy by what they don't say.

i read a lot of books in translation, and although this also includes japanese books, i can't help feeling that with them i'm further away than when i read, say, german or french books that have been translated into english

Isolationism.

Japan for almost its entire history had a policy of "GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY REEEEEE FUCKING GAIJIN REEEE". Funnily enough the key to success is racial unity and strong cultural identity that results from this.

Japanese exceptionalism is so tiring

Maybe your mind is too Eurocentric and is bound to look down on art produced outside Europe/N. America.

Not true. Japan is filled with immigrants.

only Towards Europeans generally, you didn't really see that towards Koreans and Chinese until recently afaik

i don't mean to say that the books are less good, just that's it's harder to translate because the language is more alien

>The population of approximately 126 million is the world's eleventh largest, of which 98.5% are ethnic Japanese.
>2012 data recorded by the National Institute of Population and Social Security Research
BEGONE JUDEN

1. japs are cringe
2. you are cringe
3. unless you speak japnese, then you can't be a proper judge of their literature
4. if it weren't for anime, u wouldn't care about japan
5. japnese lit is gay and anime is trash
6. asian w*m*n are yucky, stop posting them on my board

oh boy, cant wait to get out of the office, go home, drink a beer and fuck my wife

I don't mean to be rude, but kill yourself. No irony. There's a difference between a shitposter and a shit poster, and you're clearly in the latter camp. Stop breathing my oxygen.

seething lmao

>the key to success
What fucking success? Japan has a shitload of old people, shitty schizophrenic post-modern culture, did a bunch of war crimes, got nuked TWICE and has a high depression and suicide rate.

>What fucking success?
Japan has remained Japan.

Look at the UK, look at France, the old world has been mutilated beyond recognition. Why? Multiculturalism. Japan is so revered by weebs because it's so unique. It's retained its uniqueness and refused to assimilate to western culture. So what if its a shitty place to live in, all societies are shitty places to live in.

unbelievably based
so japan's only success is keeping brown ppl who live a continent and ocean away from coming into their country? lmaoooooo great job. also see pic related, japan still manages to get blacked even despite minimal immigration and living on the other side of the world from africa lmaoooo keeping coping weeaboo

Attached: aExweR9_460s.jpg (265x269, 14K)

>Japan has remained Japan.
This is meaningless.
>muh immigrants
>muh western culture
Okay, boomer. You've said nothing original or worthy of note.

>and fuck my wife
You mean fuck that prostitute at love hotel, because you haven't had a meaningful conversation with your wife in a decade.

lets ramp up this asian trio debate.
id argue its not buddhism that does this. its shintoism because buddhism is a cross asiatic system. the definition of shinto is literally their 'traditionalism'. its their animist pagan ways enduring modernity without all the autism of muh ricefields and anti science dualisms. this is why anything japanese is so distinctly 'japanese spirited'. they also adopt western stuff while preserving the cultural boundaries unlike china who copies and injects it with steroids and korea who will erase their native soul to literally win out among the three due to being the underdog.

but it hasn't though, it's changed just as much as any place. japan before ww2, after ww2 and in the 21st century? those are entirely different worlds

back to /pol/ you go

no christianity
no feminism

I'm going to take a hard guess that you came either from r*ddit or facebook

Attached: 1566424907085.png (776x411, 22K)

he doesn't care how gay and cringe japan becomes so long as the gay and cringe japs are not spatially located near any brown people lmao it could be an island of AIDS invested pedophiles and he'd be like "but actually they're based becuz at least they're still japs!" that's the level of cope we're dealing with lmao

>no feminism
is this true?

yes, not because of that slow-building fantasy on the back of your head that women concur themselves as inferior to men, but because women and men are already as equal as they can get there.

No society's perfect, but one thing Japan does better than most is keeping destructive immigrants out

i have a sudden hankering for strawberries

Japan has birthrates higher than or equal to most western countries. They just haven't masked the problem with immigrants

Looks more like McJapan to me

>no christianity
This is the most important part.

who is this coitus tortoise?

>They just haven't masked the problem
It's only a problem for the rich who need slaves to maintain their standard of living

>refused to assimilate to western culture
except their whole country was rebuilt and reorganized by their american conquerors who wrote their fucking constitution, and all that pop culture from which the weeb learns about japanese "uniqueness" is derived from inept attempts at copying and exaggerating western media. the american weeb is mesmerized by japan not because it's so different but precisely because it's familiar like an unremembered dream, this quasi-colony where a skewed version of american life is reenacted by the alluring orientals with their mysterious customs. it's a high-school comedy, you see, but get this: the kids call each other sir or madam! how exotic!

that one doesn't really work user

Europeans look out to the world and see nothing but barbarism, uncivilized people and general disdain for the cultures all around. We were secluded for millenias all alone, figuring things out for ourselves, since we alone were able to ascend mentally. Suddenly the Portuguese and Spaniards traveled to the far east and met a truly astonishing people. No, they were not even close to Europeans, but their traits were very noteworthy. Respectful, traditional and honorable, these are the traits of the Japanese. As soon as they were taught by the Portuguese how to make guns and use guns, they forbade the usage of guns because it was deemed unhonorable. What do you think any other culture would do with that power? Look what is happening in the Middle East and Africa for example. In many ways the reason we are so delighted about the Japanese is becuse we have are easily impressed. In comparison to anything else, the Japanese stand out and can come close to the Europeans, They do have some less desirable traits like their proneness to insect like behaviour, but in sum total they are a good people.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 27K)

Shintoism and the Japanese spirit is imperialist and militaristic propoganda created during the Meiji restoration

in japanese folklore the tortoise is a figure of demonic seduction, luring travelers by imitating female singing much like the sirens, but anyone who gets close to the source of the alluring voice will find themselves slowing down with every step until they become a tortoise themselves.

Also, does it surprise anyone else that almost no Japanese browses Yea Forums, especially when the site itself is built around their culture?

Attached: Screenshot_20190919-211210.png (1440x2560, 2.03M)

Third nuke incoming

They have 2chan.

i'm japanese and i cringe reading this, stop sucking our penis dude

Maybe you can answer OP's question

They initiated Pearl Harbour tho

this site is a knock-off of a japanese site, why would the japanese use it

and so? anything can be imperialistic propaganda

Thematically, you've done well, but it doesn't work because it doesn't rhyme.

i'm not the guy that wrote it originally and i fabricated the folklore backstory entirely to see if anyone would notice.

Well, I don't know what to say. You've got a bright future on this board.

>they forbade the usage of guns because it was deemed unhonorable

Nigger they had been using firearms for hundreds of years before that and they never stopped, even Takamori supported their use.

Well less that it's propoganda and more that it's fabricated and fictional propoganda

>98.5
>Ainu included. Immigrants working on temporary visas, not.
But their economy is still slowing

plsssss give me a (you) mommy

Kindly fuck off butterfly. There are fewer differences between ainu and mainland nip than the brits and the scots and you still call them white people in the end.

which part? the folklore or the philosophy? i understand it was used to solidify support for the ruling militaristic families but if you compare it to any major religion, shinto doesnt even have an official book to bash people with, meaning it retained its oral tradition as an innate ethnic culture. you could also say the bible, quran and torah are all fabricated and fictional propaganda. doesnt take away the cultural influence whatsoever. so whats your point?

Too bad she has an ainu fetish, otherwise she might have been smart enough to use the okinawans as an example instead. At least they have a language that isnt japanese.

I don’t call them white. I call them Ainu or Hokkaidan

Are they ethnically different too? I hadn’t heard.

yes retard they are

Neat.

> I dont call them white. I ca them Ainu or Hokkaidan
Hes refering to the brits and scots. For someone who shitposts all day youve got pretty low reading comprehension

I call them English and Scotsmen

English is a language. Anglo Saxons are an ethnic group. And scotsmen are properly called Albannaich.

I see the Albannaich, the Irish and the Welsh as kin to the Basque

Because they are not intoxicated by Christianity.

i hate squinted eyes so much

It's just a foreign culture, which seems like a breath of fresh air. Ever eat the same meal too many times? Same thing.

>Europeans look out to the world and see nothing but barbarism, uncivilized people and general disdain for the cultures all around.
Very true and truthpilled. No matter where I choose to rest my eyes, I see lost beauty like burning hookers on Heaven's Lamp. The mirror is no escape.

Dubs of truth and absolutely fucking based.

Attached: Le Dankula face.png (219x219, 115K)

>All socio-economic problems are caused by immigrants.
Thanks, /pol/cucks. Your infinite insight and unbiased wisdom is truly expressed in it's fullest here.

>They do have some less desirable traits like their proneness to insect like behaviour

Attached: suburban sprawl.jpg (1600x1200, 760K)

>Basque as kin to Celts
If only you knew how retarded you really are.

The religion as it stands today is a fabrication. Japanese spiritness is nonsense. If it ever existed it would only be in the peasantry, which are not the one's making or writing or doing stuff, so it's largely dead.

Americans are neither white nor realy human. They posses no soul.

>based
They are ants.

Attached: P_20190920_175351.jpg (1836x3264, 2.05M)

Because they are inward-looking. They only look outwards when trying to export their superior electronics or cars. They don't learn English. They don't go and study abroad. They believe in blood.

They are insular and inward-looking, and so manage to avoid a lot of the dominant degenerate Western cultures that plague the world.

Only being inward-looking and insular gives the opportunity for a nation, a people, to develop their own culture. Diversity can only exist with groups of inward-looking people. The Cosmopolitan dream of the globalists would end a country like Japan. It would become just another outward-looking progressive society running on Brad Pitt and Miley Cyrus.

Who are these fluid druids?

why did you learn japanese?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>For someone who shitposts all day youve got pretty low reading comprehension
wut

Woman get discriminated against in the workplace all the time in Japan. Equality my ass.

There’s a disproportionate number of great Japanese Catholic novelists so that’s not likely the reason

>thread about Jap lit
>not one single book mentioned in the whole thread

>Idolize the most xenophobic society as an outsider
There are no greater cucks known to mankind than weeaboos

Attached: thumb.png (800x450, 359K)

Good post. This is indeed why Japanese media appeals to me. But it's all kind of shitty and hollow. I like it but at the same time I hate it. If western media had something like Japan's idealized escapist media then I doubt I would have any interest in Japan at all.

>hating what you can never be for that exact reason
>they are the problem
???
"make me a japanese, you slit eyed motherfuckers, i hate you"

>if it weren’t for anime, you wouldn’t care about Japan
Commit sudoku

Attached: C9B4923D-C73B-439B-9436-5485C76BBA4D.jpg (768x1071, 193K)

There was something called Sakoku, the period between the 17th and 19th centuries, when Japan was completely isolate from the world. It primarily stated that no foreigner could enter Japan during this period, nor could any one leave the nation. And this was implemented by a series of edicts issued by the Tokogawa Shogunate. What it essentially meant was Japan was not exposed to outside influences much, but it was not total isolation. Trade and commerce flourished, but contact was forbidden between natives and outsiders. Many believe this was a reaction against the evangelical activities of Spanish, Portugese missionaries, but the motivations were more economic, and controlling the trade. Whatever be the motivation, the fact is this long period of isolation for close to 2 centuries resulted in a very unique culture.
Added to the fact that Japan remains one of the few Asian nations that was not colonized, nor was under an occupation power. What this meant was that, the culture was free from outer influences, be it the language, the arts or the music.

>What this meant was that, the culture was free from outer influences, be it the language, the arts or the music.
LOL

Japs work 16 hour days with no vacations, sleep at work and know they will never be promoted or appreciated for anything they do.

From 2001, just a blurb. You look for the rest.
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/spain/1310634/Basques-are-brothers-of-the-Celts.html

Attached: B30BF1B4-E3C3-47D0-B543-F0E40BAC5845.jpg (1200x675, 111K)

>korea who will erase their native soul

The Japanese did that for them

why the spike in 2014

been here since 2009 and i couldnt tell you

Don’t recall any major publicity. Maybe that other chan when down.

im not arguing about how 'authentic' it is. you can say that about any contemporary religion and their death in the face of modernity. but thats not the point i was getting at. that critique doesnt take away the distinct way of their being which most people realize even down to meme level. in other words it happened that way because shinto is exactly that, a non religion. but it is engrained in ancestry that its literally their default metaphysics even without active practice.
theyre still super butthurt about this. riding trains around seoul will have those island dispute anti japan videos between stops. on the other hand they deny the technological influence that boosted korea to basically be a 2nd coming of japan.

That was poetic

Do you like big girls? I like big girls

>>All socio-economic problems are caused by immigrants.
Did someone say all? Do you believe that someone with emphysema shouldn't quit smoking if he also has a sprained ankle? Immigration is a major problem and we subject ourselves to it for no reason other than to maintain a facade of virtue, to support the lifestyles of employers who want to continue to pay their employees low wages, and as a way for sleazy politicians to import votes. There's no good reason to willingly deteriorate our societies, massively increasing violent crime, turning sections of our major cities into places you should only walk through if the idea of being mugged, raped, stabbed or shot is appealing to you. There's no good reason to import people who because of cultural, genetic (or some combination of both) tendencies are more willing to allow, or even push for, laws that impede on our liberty, i.e. censorship, free speech; or necessitate laws and behaviours, in order to protect ourselves, that impede on our liberty.

White Western countries are/would be far better off in every way that matters when/if their populations are 90%+ white and culturally coherent. There are hundreds of good arguments for why this is true and no good arguments apart from 'being benevolent makes us feel good' for why it isn't. It's one of those truths that we wish were lies because it sounds mean or evil, but that doesn't make it any less true.

based post and the "kys" reactions of the weebs in this thread only serve to prove its point

>Not a cuck for loving a society that will hate you if you ever show up to their country

Thats like an black African idolizing the American South user.

Those feet are meant to be sucked.

What kind of logic is that? I can love them from a distance even if they hate me. It's not like I'm going to fuck the Japanese people and the country, what the fuck are you talking about. How insecure do you guys have to be to talk about cucking this and cucking that every fucking time.

Western writers have Western women to come home to, Eastern writers have Eastern women to come home to.

Unequivocally based. Fuck weebs and fuck anime.

>the american weeb is mesmerized by japan not because it's so different but precisely because it's familiar like an unremembered dream

Holy shit.

>Fuck weebs and fuck anime.

I'd never thought that I'd see the day when an user would hate on the very basis of this site's existence.

Ey, you new here. How'z it?

Attached: 1420851506583.png (500x375, 276K)

Shut up you dyke. Probably don't even have a banned SA account.

>unless you speak japnese, then you can't be a proper judge of their literature
>japnese lit is gay

Why'd you spend that time learning Japanese, user?

they don't have to live with niggers and other subhumans that only brings down everything in order to fit their desires. Everything in japan is designed by and for Japanese.

>Why is Japanese literature so based?
I wonder this sometimes. I love minimalist prose, melancholy tones and vagueness, and Japanese literature seems to have it all. Snow Country is probably the best novel in terms of every aspect being perfectly suited for what it's attempting. The length, the prose, everything fits together like a masterpiece.

>he doesn't know about the japanese obsession white white people

>3. unless you speak japnese, then you can't be a proper judge of their literature
>1. japs are cringe
>5. japnese lit is gay and anime is trash

and the worst offense of all:
>6. asian w*m*n are yucky, stop posting them on my board

I’d argue you’re both correct. Shintoism is definitely at their core and gives them a great sense of natural wonder and sense of place as humans in the world (humans aren’t the center of the universe), while Zen defines their focus on impermanence and minimalism. A fantastic combo that isn’t really found anywhere else.

>woman
>opinion
trash

I don't know, but my gut feeling is that it has something to do with the way their society simultaneous occupies two positions on opposite ends of a spectrum, being highly parochial, conservative and traditional, and at the same time a specimen of late capitalism as terminally progressed as any.

>>woman

japanese are fucking terrible at speaking english. they could spend 5 years studying it and not even be able to carry a basic conversation.

pick a country. brazil, india, venezuela, mexico, norway, bulgaria. anywhere. half the youth there speak passable english just from watching a few american movies. meanwhile, the japanese have english classes from preschool on and their pop culture is full of attempted english (english to the japanese is what french is to the angloid). still can't fucking speak the god damned shit. even their study-abroad students who come to uni here still can't speak passing english.

that's why the only nip flags are english teachers living in weebland.

Not even an opinion.

YES

Have sex

youre not even a woman

Prove it.

prove you are tranny

found the chink who chinkwomen don't like

where does lit get the cute girls from

Prove Obama is a Kenyan born muslim, squeaky

>3. unless you speak japnese, then you can't be a proper judge of their literature
>5. japnese lit is gay
i seriously hope you neck yourself, retard. the only cringe in this thread is your wannabe contrarian bullshit and everyone who thinks it's "based" to be an obnoxious faggot

>the american weeb is mesmerized by japan not because it's so different but precisely because it's familiar like an unremembered dream
holy shit dude. insightful post

>pick a country. brazil (portuguese, indo-european), india (majority speak some indo-european language as their first language), venezuela (spanish, IE), mexico (spanish), norway (norwegian, IE), bulgaria (bulgarian, IE).
>anywhere

Implying you would do better at learning japanese. kys

Reads Battle Royale once

Alternatively, without centered your viewpoint on the US, they are fascinated by a society which is incredibly rule-based and ridiculously rigid which is the modern opposite to liberal western world. They were the big baddies in WW2. In the same way people are drawn to those who have what they lack, so are nations.

all these seething whitoid lmao

based poster, and i love jap lit

A Jap on Yea Forums? Now, I’ve seen everything.

Because Japan is majority Japanese

this is true. you could also say anime is the recollection of their past traditions that are disappearing which they definitely see parallels with the western golden age. the korea craze is the same thing, an army of ye ye asian audrey hepburns dancing to 80s and 90s western replays.
>zen minimalism
yeah that does make a ton of sense with their design

based

there are no women on the internet

>you could also say anime is the recollection of their past traditions that are disappearing which they definitely see parallels with the western golden age.

Please expand on this, as it sounds like you're on to something, but I don't get it.

Can I suck your little morty penis?

they are one of the only groups of non-white people that the great mass of white people see as equals (source: all wypipo were watching the fukushima plant disaster because we see ourselves reflected in the Nip, if it had happened in a shithole country no one would've cared). And to all you libturds finna @ me this phenomenon did exist before the american state department made efforts to humanize the Nip following WW2, and concomitantly before westernization hit the country. see: wypipo/eurotrash fearing and hating the Nip at war to a far greater extent than the other colored races; that height of fear and hatred of an enemy power can only come from an implicit recognition of his quality at the very least at arms.
and no i'm not a weeb and neither are most white middle americans who speak positively of the nip

read my other posts in the thread. shinto works like their perennial philosophy before the influence of western modernity. so contemporary westerners see in anime what the japanese and germans tried to fight for but instead entertained the idealism of the winners of the battle after the war while keeping their 'perennialism' intact even through defeat akin to their shogun roots. the japanese are enamored by what they learned of this artifact their enemies left after fighting the war and what westerners are now being taught to forget. of course in the shadow of wwII everyone will be traumatized into amplifying the differences and not the similarities. or plain censorship of the topic altogether enduring till today. amazing how ressentiment can totally block a whole generation from their creative potential.

who are these dalliance danglers?